Twitter: Kelvin Joseph to miss Chiefs game

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Why would patriots give that pick up? You would have to find a willing partner before #38.
No. Someone else gave up pick #38 in trade to the Patriots. Since that team was willing and did trade their 38th pick, the Cowboys should have looked into trading up 6 spots for it.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
No. Someone else gave up pick #38 in trade to the Patriots. Since that team was willing and did trade their 38th pick, the Cowboys should have looked into trading up 6 spots for it.
Hindsight does make us all smarter.
For sure.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Trevon Diggs played in and started 9 games last year. He seems to have turned out OK for a 2nd year guy right?

And what about ole Randy Gregory? How many Mensa members on here wrote him off.

Joseph was a raw as rain pick that they took for the upside. Brown and Lewis have been so good that he can't get on the field but that is a good thing.
We will see Joseph play in time and if he busts out so be it, as you don't hit on them all.
But it is along ways off before anyone with brain would try to make that call.
Except it's been a very bad habit of busting out on 2nd round picks for so many years by this Front Office. Over and over and over and over and over again...

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Hindsight does make us all smarter.
For sure.
I was clamoring for Christian Barmore weeks before the draft. During the draft when he dropped into the 2nd round, I was clamoring for the Cowboys to use that extra 3rd round pick they received in the trade down in the 1st to get Micah Parsons and pair it up with their original 44th pick to move up a few spots in order to get Barmore.

Corso

Reaction score
I was clamoring for Christian Barmore weeks before the draft. During the draft when he dropped into the 2nd round, I was clamoring for the Cowboys to use that extra 3rd round pick they received in the trade down in the 1st to get Micah Parsons and pair it up with their original 44th pick to move up a few spots in order to get Barmore.
I was too, but I couldn't feign accurate predictions and have knowledge of what certain teams would do to deal with the Cowboys in the moment.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I was too, but I couldn't feign accurate predictions and have knowledge of what certain teams would do to deal with the Cowboys in the moment.

I remember a report that the Cowboys were one of the teams inquiring about moving up to the top of the 2nd. If true, they just got outbid. Love the tales where we can definitely make every draft trade fans wanted though.

plasticman

Reaction score
The one and only reason he would have been excused would be a death in the family. There is no other issue the Cowboys would excuse. Maybe they had already decided to cut or trade him, that might fit, but I don't se any other reason the franchise management would set that precedent.

My condolences to Kelvin Joseph and his family.

Corso

Reaction score
I remember a report that the Cowboys were one of the teams inquiring about moving up to the top of the 2nd. If true, they just got outbid. Love the tales where we can definitely make every draft trade fans wanted though.
Don't we all love reports from memory that are themselves conjecture?

I love this solid stuff I can hold onto.

Twin928

Reaction score
I’m to the point with him like WHO I FEEL ANOTHER BAD 2nd round pick from the organization the reports said he was unmotivated n don’t like to practice idk man prove me wrong

T-RO

Reaction score
Is that what it was?

Just getting caught up.

We flat do not know. All we have is the Cowboys statement that it was for excused personal reasons, and some twitter rumors that no one can source.

There has been nothing to validate any specific reason.

Jstopper

Reaction score
We flat do not know. All we have is the Cowboys statement that it was for excused personal reasons, and some twitter rumors that no one can source.

There has been nothing to validate any specific reason.

Twitter would always have the news first before media would. They didn’t report daks brothers suicide out of respect when Twitter was spreading the news about it. It makes perfect sense. You and the hate hive just want to validate the fact that y’all didn’t like Joseph pick in the first place

T-RO

Reaction score
Twitter would always have the news first before media would. They didn’t report daks brothers suicide out of respect when Twitter was spreading the news about it. It makes perfect sense. You and the hate hive just want to validate the fact that y’all didn’t like Joseph pick in the first place

Have I made any criticism of Joseph in this thread? Have I suggested a reason? Have I questioned the Cowboys excuse of the absence?

If you want to believe some unidentified Tweet that spawned retweets...go for it. That's pure foolishness, IMO. I will wait for more properly vetted information, and if I don't get any, I won't have accusation, or defense, in this thread.

rambo2

Reaction score
The Cowboys did a lot better than you would have.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Is Diggs an exception? Or the rule? Based on past for whatever reason we have not done well in the second round, often taking risks..gambling a bit or over drafting and reaching for a player....seemingly trying to hit a home run. So for now Joseph hasn't been available for one reason or other. I am not blaming off field issues but perhaps our luck in the second round....in the meantime Asante Samuel....

Ehh….I like Samuel as well. Not really sure if drafting him would put him any higher up the depth chart. He’d still be behind Diggs, Lewis and Brown….well I think so anyway I guess you never know.

I think when this team doesn’t take injury riddled players in the second they’ve done alright. And I guess we can talk about Jaylon, Bruce Carter, Sean Lee, Gregory, Chido….they weren’t bad players. Escobar for sure was a mistake.