Twitter: Kelvin Joseph to miss Chiefs game

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Do you acknowledge that Parsons had a reputation too though?
yeah, perhaps not as bad as Joseph. with that said. Parsons has redeemed himself. showed up. was in shape. played hard. practiced hard. was available and is making believers...Joseph. not so much. its always one excuse or another....facts are he has only been available for 2 preseason games I believe and one regular season game. so he has to redeem himself. just having visions of all the bad second round picks over the past 10 years or so. of course not all bad (love diggs) but Jaylon, Hill, connor williams, Chidobe, Gregory (missed a lot of time although he is redeeming himself now), Lawrence (20M DE and injured all the time), Escober, Crawford, Carter, Lee (often injured),

yeah, maybe not all bad, but we have had way too many misses in 2nd round compare to hits....although 2019 and 2020 wasn't too bad. 2nd rounders are supposed to be good contributors....we just don't know about Joseph

817Gill

Reaction score
I enjoy this forum as much as anyone, but this thread is what is wrong with it. If it wasn’t for some of the boneheaded/insensitive commentary on guys half of us pick as whipping boys it would be a great improvement.

Dude had someone die in his family and before anyone has any clue what happened he’s a “bust” or “can’t get out of his own way”. How can a family member dying mean he’s a bust or he’s in his own way? Terrible stuff from some of y’all smh

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
R-e-l-a-x (Aaron Rodgers voice). I'll wait until we know why it is an excused absence. If it is a death in the family...that stinks and sorry for his loss.

Regarding his development, there is plenty of season left and he will likely make a jump in year 2 anyway. We can rue the pick after he has had more time in Dallas. Lol

Brown is playing well. Lewis is ok. There is no rush to start him.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I enjoy this forum as much as anyone, but this thread is what is wrong with it. If it wasn’t for some of the boneheaded/insensitive commentary on guys half of us pick as whipping boys it would be a great improvement.

Dude had someone die in his family and before anyone has any clue what happened he’s a “bust” or “can’t get out of his own way”. How can a family member dying mean he’s a bust or he’s in his own way? Terrible stuff from some of y’all smh

Confirmation bias means *preferring* not to look for facts that conflict with their already held beliefs.

T-RO

Reaction score
If anyone's got a link about a death in the family for KJ or close friend...do share. I haven't heard anything about that...that seemed to start in this very thread, without any proof.

75boyz

Reaction score
yeah, perhaps not as bad as Joseph. with that said. Parsons has redeemed himself. showed up. was in shape. played hard. practiced hard. was available and is making believers...Joseph. not so much. its always one excuse or another....facts are he has only been available for 2 preseason games I believe and one regular season game. so he has to redeem himself. just having visions of all the bad second round picks over the past 10 years or so. of course not all bad (love diggs) but Jaylon, Hill, connor williams, Chidobe, Gregory (missed a lot of time although he is redeeming himself now), Lawrence (20M DE and injured all the time), Escober, Crawford, Carter, Lee (often injured),

yeah, maybe not all bad, but we have had way too many misses in 2nd round compare to hits....although 2019 and 2020 wasn't too bad. 2nd rounders are supposed to be good contributors....we just don't know about Joseph

Good post. Accurate description.
2nd rd pick probs go way back.
The recent past draft history has shown this to be Jerry's gamble or risky pick round where he often rolls the dice on character or injury issues. Or both.

jmo

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You lied about saying I didn't want Micah Parsons. I never said I didn't want Micah Parsons. I said I didn't want to use a top 10 pick on him. Anything after the top 10 would be fine, which is what happened.
Ok point me to the post where I "lied" about saying you didn't want Micah. I'll wait.

And the 10th pick in the draft you would've thrown a FIT. But since they drafted him two spots later it was ok? Alright. Got it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

So are we going to judge what they did 15 years ago what they've done lately? Diggs was a 2nd round pick like you stated. Its not up to Joseph to pay for past sins by this organization. At the end of the day he's done nothing bad this offseason. I've heard of no issues just like with Parsons. Just like Josh Ball. Haven't heard a peep from him so does he need to redeem himself from being a woman beater?

Jstopper

Reaction score
He'll be done in the NFL by 2023.

He just can't get it together at all. He likely wants to: he just can't.

garbage like this is why people say cowboys fans are idiots. Can’t even blame them after reading this nonsense

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Thanks for that correction. 38th pick. I was off by 2 spots. Cowboys should have moved up 6 spots to pick up Christian Barmore in the 2nd round.
Why would patriots give that pick up? You would have to find a willing partner before #38.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
So are we going to judge what they did 15 years ago what they've done lately? Diggs was a 2nd round pick like you stated. Its not up to Joseph to pay for past sins by this organization. At the end of the day he's done nothing bad this offseason. I've heard of no issues just like with Parsons. Just like Josh Ball. Haven't heard a peep from him so does he need to redeem himself from being a woman beater?
Is Diggs an exception? Or the rule? Based on past for whatever reason we have not done well in the second round, often taking risks..gambling a bit or over drafting and reaching for a player....seemingly trying to hit a home run. So for now Joseph hasn't been available for one reason or other. I am not blaming off field issues but perhaps our luck in the second round....in the meantime Asante Samuel....

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Is Diggs an exception? Or the rule? Based on past for whatever reason we have not done well in the second round, often taking risks..gambling a bit or over drafting and reaching for a player....seemingly trying to hit a home run. So for now Joseph hasn't been available for one reason or other. I am not blaming off field issues but perhaps our luck in the second round....in the meantime Asante Samuel....
I'm not into instant judgement.
We'll see what Joseph has to offer, if anything.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Trevon Diggs played in and started 9 games last year. He seems to have turned out OK for a 2nd year guy right?

And what about ole Randy Gregory? How many Mensa members on here wrote him off.

Joseph was a raw as rain pick that they took for the upside. Brown and Lewis have been so good that he can't get on the field but that is a good thing.
We will see Joseph play in time and if he busts out so be it, as you don't hit on them all.
But it is along ways off before anyone with brain would try to make that call.

Brax

Reaction score
Cowboys should have moved up 4 measly spots and picked monster DT Christian Barmore at the 40th spot in the 2nd round, instead of CB Kelvin Joseph.

Barmore has been tearing it up all season long for Bill Belichick and the Patriots. DT has been a weakness for the Cowboys for many years as it still is today. What were Jerry Jones, Stephen Jones, Will McClay, Mike McCarthy and Dan Quinn thinking?
Free concerts for the team.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If anyone's got a link about a death in the family for KJ or close friend...do share. I haven't heard anything about that...that seemed to start in this very thread, without any proof.
None of the Cowboys media is reporting, but it's all over Twitter that that is the reason. I'm digging now to find the original source so theres something official to share.