Key rebuilding question: What is our identity?

bodi

Reaction score
my identity has always been you got to be strong up the middle - talking D

if that means a new LBER a a new IDL then so be it

offense - sorry all you Dak lovers - what has he done for us - How a quarterback wins might be just as important as how many wins the quarterback has. During the 2019 season, Prescott feasted on inferior teams and struggled against stronger competition.

Against teams with winning records, Prescott had two wins in eight games. Against teams with 0.500 or worse records, Prescott had six wins in eight games.

So you would hope your franchise quarterback has at least a 0.500 record against teams with winning records. For his career, Prescott has a 0.433 winning percentage.

hes a bus driver He has won a lot of games but he barely wins games at a rate to place in the top ten.

i would never pay the dude 35 plus a year I'd be lookin for a new QB

jnday

Reaction score
As I watched the Steelers when we played them 8 days ago, I was taken by how clearly they know what they want to be as a team and an organization. They have one of the clearest identities in pro sports. They have run the 3-4 defense for multiple decades. They have had 3 head coaches in 51 years.

Their GM Kevin Colbert is starting his 21st season with the team and just received a contract extension. The Rooney family have consistently been committed to hiring good people to run their organization, while setting clear goals, then letting their people do their jobs. They are perhaps the most stable professional sports organization out there, and have 6 rings to show for it.

I’m not here to praise the Steelers. I’m actually just wondering these key questions regarding our Dallas Cowboys and how this team can effectively get better and build a winner again:
  • What kind of team are we trying to be? (A 4-3 speed/finesse type D, with a power running game? Or a pass oriented offense built around the QB?- just two examples)
  • What kind of players do we need to add that fits that vision of what we want to become as a team?
I’m of the opinion that the biggest problem this team has in putting a championship roster together (besides having Jerry Jones running it) is this:
  • The leaders of this organization don’t know what they’re trying to build. They don’t seem to have a clear vision of the team’s identity.
  • The Jones FO builds their roster like a fantasy football team- just add talent regardless of whether or not that talent fits your identity.
For everyone screaming for the “tank”- sure having a top 5 pick position in the draft is great. But if you don’t know what your identity is as a team, how can you select the right talent?

My question to my fellow fans is this- what is this team’s identity?
This team has not had an identity for a long time. I have my doubts if MM can give them the identity and direction that they need to have. The closest thing to an identity that they gave is negative, gutless, soft, they play dumb, sloppy, etc and they have had this negative identity for years. This has been a soft, sloppy, entitled, dumb team for years.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This team has not had an identity for a long time. I have my doubts if MM can give them the identity and direction that they need to have. The closest thing to an identity that they gave is negative, gutless, soft, they play dumb, sloppy, etc and they have had this negative identity for years. This has been a soft, sloppy, entitled, dumb team for years.
I find it interesting seeing the different ideas of what this team’s identity is. It’s not hard to identify some teams. But the Cowboys...it’s hard to pin exactly what they’re even trying to be.