Kickoffs tweaked further

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I do hope rugby takes off in the United States. That's a sport that might give the NFL some competition if the people running the MLR organization can gently bring it into the mainstream.
Next All Or Nothing : The ALL BLACKS!!!!!!!

I'm giddy!

Reaction score
I respect him so much for that. So sad that he lost his wife, but he did what a real man does. He stepped up for those young kids. He didn't outsource that responsibility for his career. They'll be so much better for it.

He says he's still open to acting if he sees the right part. I hope he has a late resurgence in his career like we've seen with others.
For you Rick Moranis fans, Martin Scorsese is making a documentary of the old SCTV comedy group, from which Moranis (and many others....mostly Canadians like Moranis) cut their teeth.

Moranis has agreed to make an appearance on that.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I'm Arsenal. Yeah, I know.

All good. I like Bournemouth because I have a lot of family on the south coast, and I have a lot of good childhood memories of Bournemouth.

Next All Or Nothing : The ALL BLACKS!!!!!!!

I'm giddy!

Yup! That would be AWESOME! And honestly, the execs of the NFL are really idiots! Want to know how to make football safer? Ask the All Blacks! Rugby is nearly as physical as the NFL, yet you don't see half the injuries in rugby that you do with the NFL, and they don't have pads. Why? Because the All Blacks know how to tackle properly! If the NFL wants to be safer, have the guy that runs the All Blacks give each team a lecture on proper tackling techniques.

Corso

Reaction score
For you Rick Moranis fans, Martin Scorsese is making a documentary of the old SCTV comedy group, from which Moranis (and many others) cut their teeth.

Moranis has agreed to make an appearance on that.
Yeah, I saw the show promoting it and the reunion. Awesome stuff... I miss SCTV. The Canadian SNL without the politics.

Corso

Reaction score
All good. I like Bournemouth because I have a lot of family on the south coast, and I have a lot of good childhood memories of Bournemouth.

Yup! That would be AWESOME! And honestly, the execs of the NFL are really idiots! Want to know how to make football safer? Ask the All Blacks! Rugby is nearly as physical as the NFL, yet you don't see half the injuries in rugby that you do with the NFL, and they don't have pads. Why? Because the All Blacks know how to tackle properly! If the NFL wants to be safer, have the guy that runs the All Blacks give each team a lecture on proper tackling techniques.
I've stated the very same thing here, only to be buried, like this will.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I've stated the very same thing here, only to be buried, like this will.

Yup, and I believe that I even wrote a thread about this. For the life of me, I have no idea why the NFL is so stubborn that they will not even CONSIDER bringing in a coach like the All Blacks, Fiji, Tonga, or Australian rugby coaches to have a rugby tackling clinic for NFL players. The reason you have injuries like that of the Steelers guy is because NFL players' tackling techniques are rubbish compared to rugby players. I get that the padding is to improve safety, but they use the padding as extra weapons. The padding is good if you tackle right, but if you use it as a weapon, then what do you expect?

Corso

Reaction score
Yup, and I believe that I even wrote a thread about this. For the life of me, I have no idea why the NFL is so stubborn that they will not even CONSIDER bringing in a coach like the All Blacks, Fiji, Tonga, or Australian rugby coaches to have a rugby tackling clinic for NFL players. The reason you have injuries like that of the Steelers guy is because NFL players' tackling techniques are rubbish compared to rugby players. I get that the padding is to improve safety, but they use the padding as extra weapons. The padding is good if you tackle right, but if you use it as a weapon, then what do you expect?
Absolutely. I'm so in agreement with you, oh electric rabbit.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Just to illustrate my point about NFL tackling and rugby tackling.

NFL tackling:

goldsonhit.gif

That's a rubbish tackle. Yes, it might be fun to watch, but it's awful to be on the other end of that one.

Rugby tackling:

giphy.gif

That is a proper tackle. If you notice, he doesn't lead with the head, and he wraps up. Completely safe, and you don't need pads to make that kind of tackle.

Corso

Reaction score
Just to illustrate my point about NFL tackling and rugby tackling.

NFL tackling:

goldsonhit.gif

That's a rubbish tackle. Yes, it might be fun to watch, but it's awful to be on the other end of that one.

Rugby tackling:

giphy.gif

That is a proper tackle. If you notice, he doesn't lead with the head, and he wraps up. Completely safe, and you don't need pads to make that kind of tackle.
The top is a Jeff Heath tackle. I've seen enough of those.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
The top is a Jeff Heath tackle. I've seen enough of those.

Yup, and we all remember what happened once with those tackles. I won't dare post it as the result was frightening. I thought the guy he hit might've been dead for a bit.

Aven8

Reaction score
New rule change: Maxi Pads will be installed in all NFL locker rooms now as well. ;)

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
I may have to settle for soccer in the end.

Soccer sucks. Trust me, as someone who lives in a soccer-first country. They fall on the ground and cry like babies with any kind of physical contact, the clock never stops moving which incents people to fake injuries... basically the ball gets kicked around a lot and sometimes it goes in.

Football is and always will be the best, even with rules that water it down like these.

conner01

Reaction score
Opens up an opportunity for more onside kicks
The distance from the front line to the blockers is a big space
You better have some fast guys back blocking and everyone better be paying attention
Kick it just over their head and the race is on to cover it

conner01

Reaction score
No more surprise onside kicks if teams can't get a running start, would make it almost impossible to recover.
The 10 years variety yes
But it leaves a huge space between the blockers and the front line
I heard Sean Peyton talking about that
That’s a lot of field to cover

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
1 and 3 should have been done a long time ago and 2 is just plain stupid. Back it up to the 30 again and lets have some fun.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Austin just hasn't been an effective KR in the NFL. Even with his speed he just hasn't been able to translate that to production on the field. He's just been a flat out liability as a PR.