Kingsley Suamataia gaining traction as a Cowboys pick

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
When you brought up Kingsley's name, it just hit me like a bolt from the blue. This is our first rounder. I got pissed as soon as I saw the thread title, and I know that Will McClay feeds off that.

The last two Cowboys first rounders, have been exactly the guys I hoped we wouldn't pick. And 2 of the last 3 second rounders are dudes I intensely disliked as prospects as well. I did think Sam Williams was a great choice.

I never even considered Suamataia as a first rounder, but if he is, he'd instantly replace Tyler Guyton at the top of my 1st round smash-the-TV list. In a class with like 8 LTs who look ready to start, and another 3 or 4 interior linemen who are day 1 ready, I have no idea why you'd choose the raw project player on day 1 at all. But he's really athletic, he's super risky, he fills a big need, and he'd completely piss me off if we picked him. It's like the Cowboys draft quadfecta. Lock this guy in now.

reddyuta

Reaction score
When you brought up Kingsley's name, it just hit me like a bolt from the blue. This is our first rounder. I got pissed as soon as I saw the thread title, and I know that Will McClay feeds off that.

The last two Cowboys first rounders, have been exactly the guys I hoped we wouldn't pick. And 2 of the last 3 second rounders are dudes I intensely disliked as prospects as well. I did think Sam Williams was a great choice.

I never even considered Suamataia as a first rounder, but if he is, he'd instantly replace Tyler Guyton at the top of my 1st round smash-the-TV list. In a class with like 8 LTs who look ready to start, and another 3 or 4 interior linemen who are day 1 ready, I have no idea why you'd choose the raw project player on day 1 at all. But he's really athletic, he's super risky, he fills a big need, and he'd completely piss me off if we picked him. It's like the Cowboys draft quadfecta. Lock this guy in now.
its why i think it might be possible too,he is a fringe 1st RD guy who needs a lot of work and has traits which i know the cowboys will like.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
its why i think it might be possible too,he is a fringe 1st RD guy who needs a lot of work and has traits which i know the cowboys will like.
Wouldnt shock me. I have him below Mims. I think he is a 30-40 range guy. He has LT traits, some experience but needs work before he is an NFL LT. Has more experience than Mims but probably needs the same amount of work.

I think he could be 24 if they lock on to drafting an OT and guys like Fautanu and Latham are gone.

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
I saw this on Twitter as well. It makes sense. He has all the potential in the world, like Tyler, and can play left and right tackle. He's the exact type of guy we like--athletic, versatile. To be honest, he is a really good prospect.

I can't really fault them if he's the pick. No one wanted Tyler and he proved us all wrong. It really comes down to the person, his character. Tyron and Tyler both had the work ethic to realize their potential.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Kingsley is Tyler S as a prospect. Loud traits, good size and length but sloppy hands and technique.

He’s a 2nd rounder for me but wouldn’t be surprised if the Cowboys reached for him in the 1st.

I would not be happy as I think you could probably get someone comparable in the 2nd without sacrificing a top talent at 24.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Kingsley is Tyler S as a prospect. Loud traits, good size and length but sloppy hands and technique.

He’s a 2nd rounder for me but wouldn’t be surprised if the Cowboys reached for him in the 1st.

I would not be happy as I think you could probably get someone comparable in the 2nd without sacrificing a top talent at 24.
Most likely, they could trade down to the bottom of the first (the 5th year option is too enticing to drop completely out of the 1st round) select Suamataia and pick up a 3rd rounder as well. I think that scenario could play out.

Another OT in the same range as Suamataia is Morgan, who I think could be an instant plug-n-play.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Most likely, they could trade down to the bottom of the first (the 5th year option is too enticing to drop completely out of the 1st round) select Suamataia and pick up a 3rd rounder as well. I think that scenario could play out.

Another OT in the same range as Suamataia is Morgan, who I think could be an instant plug-n-play.
Yep
I think they need to trade down and will want to trade.
If they do and the other OTs they like are gone...I think they take him OR Frazier at center.

They have to live and die with the draft. Normally they bring in some lower paid depth in the FA period but that has even fell by the waste side this year so they need that draft capital.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Kiran Amegadjie

cnuball21

Reaction score

They could do that…but it’d still be a pretty big reach for me.

Morgan in a trade down is a little better.

morasp

Reaction score
Kiran Amegadjie
Yes, I wasn't going to mention him but he checks a lot of boxes.

Overview​

With a rare blend of athletic traits and eye-popping length, it might be a mistake to bet against the high number of boxes Amegadjie checks. His hand usage is a work in progress, and he hasn't learned to consistently get into blocks with proper footwork and body control, but both issues are coachable and likely to be corrected. Provided he improves his punch-timing and placement, his ability to keep rushers at the end of his length could become a big advantage. Amegadjie already possesses impressive explosiveness as a drive blocker and could become a quality NFL starter once his tutelage is complete.

Strengths​

• Outstanding blend of size, athleticism and length.
  • Road-grading power to clear running lanes with leverage and force.
  • Light on his feet with the ability to get to challenging blocks in space.
  • Hands showed noticeable in-season improvement in pass protection.
  • Loose lower half provides foundation for NFL anchor strength.
  • Body control and lateral agility allow for consistent mirroring in pass pro.
  • Arms go on for days and will be some of the longest in the draft.
  • Displays impressive torque-and-turn power in his hips as base blocker.

RS12

Reaction score
Not saying this is impossible or that he will bust, but I have a feeling there will be better options when they pick. There is always someone you didnt expect to be there.

RS12

Reaction score
Broaddus seems to think they see Morgan as an OG and not OT.
Interestingly he was interviewed on Dari and Mel last Saturday. Smart kid. Main take away: about half the teams see him at G and the other half at T based on his pŕevious team interviews FWIW. Did not mention the Cowboys.

speedkilz88

Reaction score

So are you admitting you don't know anything either? Tyler is a stud and Sam is still a talented question mark.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
seen many reports and rumors about him on SM,they also brought him in for a visit.could be a surprise pick like Tyler Smith
Supposedly he has similar measurements and tests scores as his cousin. Kingsley has all pro tackle potential.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Are you seeing reporters say this or “content creators” ?

I ask because there are 2 or 3 popular Cowboys X content creators who every year just bombard you with every draft prospect only to say they were “on” this player before the draft. The main two accounts that are pushing Kingsley are reminding their followers how they were all over Tyler Smith and Mazi Smith. If you were paying attention at the time, they were all over 20 players. Then they go back and delete the posts on the other players.

Cool.