Kingsley Suamataia gaining traction as a Cowboys pick

Carson

Reaction score
In a perfect world (that probably won’t happen), the Cowboys can trade back 4-6 spots for an extra 4th + 5th/6th and have their choice of Kingsley, Morgan, or JPJ. Wouldn’t shock me if Guyton fell there too
I think the opposite on Guyton. I think he is going to much earlier then we hear “Dallas lost their guy”

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Tyler Smith has that “want to be great” trait and is willing to do what it takes to get there. Nobody knows the mental makeup of this prospect. If he is willing to work and can be coached up, has all the physical tools. Like most of us said, more comfortable in a trade back situation

Chasing6

Reaction score
Tyler Smith has that “want to be great” trait and is willing to do what it takes to get there. Nobody knows the mental makeup of this prospect. If he is willing to work and can be coached up, has all the physical tools. Like most of us said, more comfortable in a trade back situation
I would not be surprised if we trade down in the first to add a 4th. Then trade up in the 2nd.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
In a perfect world (that probably won’t happen), the Cowboys can trade back 4-6 spots for an extra 4th + 5th/6th and have their choice of Kingsley, Morgan, or JPJ. Wouldn’t shock me if Guyton fell there too
Once you get down to 5-6 spots it needs to be a 3rd.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
seen many reports and rumors about him on SM,they also brought him in for a visit.could be a surprise pick like Tyler Smith
Suamataia is almost a carbon copy of Tyler Smith. I drafted, I hope he is a copy of Smith. Has better strength and explosion numbers.
Name: Kingsley Suamataia (Transfer from Oregon)
College:
Brigham Young Number: 78
Height: 6-5 Weight: 332
Position: OT Pos2: OG
Class/Draft Year: rSo/2024
40 Low: 4.98 40 Time: 5.04 40 High: 5.09

> Projected Round: 2 Stock:
same.gif
75.0.jpg

Combine Results
Pro Day Results
Combine Invite: Yes
Height:
Weight: 332

Zybek PD3X AKA "Official"
40 Yard Dash (ET):
40 Yard Dash (HH):
20 Yard (ET): 2.90
20 Yard (HH): 2.88
10 Yard (ET): 1.73
10 Yard (HH): 1.76
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 31
Vertical Jump: 28
Broad Jump: 09'02"
20 Yrd Shuttle:
3-Cone Drill:
Projected 5.08/No 3 Cone/Shuttles-Choice
Dates: 03/28/24
Hand:
10 5/8 Arm: 34 1/4
Wingspan: 82 1/8

Height: 6045
Weight: 332
40 Yrd Dash:
20 Yrd Dash:
10 Yrd Dash:
225 Lb. Bench Reps:
Vertical Jump:
Broad Jump:
20 Yrd Shuttle:
3-Cone Drill:

Name: *Tyler Smith
College:
Tulsa Number: 56
Height: 6-5 Weight: 327
Position: OT Pos2: OG
Class/Draft Year: rSo/2022
40 Low: 4.96 40 Time: 5.02 40 High: 5.10

> Projected Round: 2 Stock:
up.gif
Projected High: Mid-Late 1st Low: 3rd​
118.0.jpg

Combine Results
Pro Day Results
Combine Invite: Yes
Height:
Weight: 327

Zybek PD3X AKA "Official"
40 Yard Dash (ET):
40 Yard Dash (HH):
20 Yard (ET): 2.89
20 Yard (HH): 2.83
10 Yard (ET): 1.70
10 Yard (HH): 1.62
225 Lb. Bench Reps:
Vertical Jump: 27 1/2
Broad Jump: 08'09"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.65
3-Cone Drill: 7.78
Projected 5.38/**-.36/No Bench-Choice
Dates: 03/10/22
Hand:
10 5/8 Arm: 34 1/4
Wingspan: 83 1/4

Height: 6047
Weight: 327
40 Yrd Dash:
20 Yrd Dash:
10 Yrd Dash:
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 25
Vertical Jump:
Broad Jump:
20 Yrd Shuttle:
3-Cone Drill:

Cowboyny

Reaction score
When you brought up Kingsley's name, it just hit me like a bolt from the blue. This is our first rounder. I got pissed as soon as I saw the thread title, and I know that Will McClay feeds off that.

The last two Cowboys first rounders, have been exactly the guys I hoped we wouldn't pick. And 2 of the last 3 second rounders are dudes I intensely disliked as prospects as well. I did think Sam Williams was a great choice.

I never even considered Suamataia as a first rounder, but if he is, he'd instantly replace Tyler Guyton at the top of my 1st round smash-the-TV list. In a class with like 8 LTs who look ready to start, and another 3 or 4 interior linemen who are day 1 ready, I have no idea why you'd choose the raw project player on day 1 at all. But he's really athletic, he's super risky, he fills a big need, and he'd completely piss me off if we picked him. It's like the Cowboys draft quadfecta. Lock this guy in now.
I agree there will be better players available, but the one thing this scouting department does well is drafting 1st rd offensive lineman.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
No question the kid is talented. Different kind of player than Tyler Smith. Smith plays with a level of power matched by very few. Kingsley has more length and is more athletic. Personally I would take him before Guyton. It would not shock me if the team has him rated very highly.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Yep
I think they need to trade down and will want to trade.
If they do and the other OTs they like are gone...I think they take him OR Frazier at center.

They have to live and die with the draft. Normally they bring in some lower paid depth in the FA period but that has even fell by the waste side this year so they need that draft capital.
They’re gonna have to pray to God that they hit on a ton of UDFA’s.

Carson

Reaction score
They’re gonna have to pray to God that they hit on a ton of UDFA’s.
Why? They have about 6-7 roster spots open that will include draft picks

Dak, Rush, Lance - 3
Rookie, Dowdle, Deuce, Luepke - 4
Lamb, Cook, Tolbert, Turpin, Brooks - 5
Ferguson, Schoonmaker, Fant/Hendersnot/Stephens JR. - We always keep 4
Smith, Steele, Chuma, Richards, Waletzko - 5
Martin, Bass, Ball - 3
Hoffman - 1

That is a solid 24-25 on offense

Micah, Tank, Williams, Golston -4
Osa, Mazi, Davis, Fehoko - 4
Kendricks, Overshown, Clark - 3
Diggs, Bland, Lewis, Scott, Goodwin - 5
Hooker, Izzy - 2
Wilson, Thomas, Bell - 3

Thats another 21

Anger, Aubrey, Seig - 3

So in total is already around 46-47 bodies. Your 1,2,3,5 are making the squad so that puts you around 50. They will likely sign 2-3 free agents when the draft ends so they dont count against the comp formula.

You also have a few guys like Cropper, Durden, Bostick, Wheat who could make the 53.

You may get 2-3 UDFA Tops

Beaker42

Reaction score
Why? They have about 6-7 roster spots open that will include draft picks

Dak, Rush, Lance - 3
Rookie, Dowdle, Deuce, Luepke - 4
Lamb, Cook, Tolbert, Turpin, Brooks - 5
Ferguson, Schoonmaker, Fant/Hendersnot/Stephens JR. - We always keep 4
Smith, Steele, Chuma, Richards, Waletzko - 5
Martin, Bass, Ball - 3
Hoffman - 1

That is a solid 24-25 on offense

Micah, Tank, Williams, Golston -4
Osa, Mazi, Davis, Fehoko - 4
Kendricks, Overshown, Clark - 3
Diggs, Bland, Lewis, Scott, Goodwin - 5
Hooker, Izzy - 2
Wilson, Thomas, Bell - 3

Thats another 21

Anger, Aubrey, Seig - 3

So in total is already around 46-47 bodies. Your 1,2,3,5 are making the squad so that puts you around 50. They will likely sign 2-3 free agents when the draft ends so they dont count against the comp formula.

You also have a few guys like Cropper, Durden, Bostick, Wheat who could make the 53.

You may get 2-3 UDFA Tops
We have SO MANY HOLES they all can’t be addressed in the draft. We might get TWO guys in 1-7 who can play right away. Look at the two UM stiffs we took in 1 and 2. THAT’S why we need to hit on a ton of UDFA’s.