Kingsley Suamataia gaining traction as a Cowboys pick

Carson

Reaction score
We have SO MANY HOLES they all can’t be addressed in the draft. We might get TWO guys in 1-7 who can play right away. Look at the two UM stiffs we took in 1 and 2. THAT’S why we need to hit on a ton of UDFA’s.
So we won’t hit on guys 3-7 but we expect lesser talented UDFA to step in and start?

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I have him ahead of Guyton, but behind Mims. Really want either JPJ or Barton. If either are healthy, they can instantly help our poor ground attack.
Broaddus said on the draft show other teams think the Cowboys have zeroed in on Barton/JPJ. We find out in two weeks.

deerhunter11

Reaction score
In a perfect world (that probably won’t happen), the Cowboys can trade back 4-6 spots for an extra 4th + 5th/6th and have their choice of Kingsley, Morgan, or JPJ. Wouldn’t shock me if Guyton fell there too
I think that is what is going to happen,gotta find a way to get that 4th rounder back.Get a player maker at OT or C with a small trade down in the 1st round.This draft has some players in the 3rd thru the 6th , Dallas needs to hit big on this draft .

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
When you brought up Kingsley's name, it just hit me like a bolt from the blue. This is our first rounder. I got pissed as soon as I saw the thread title, and I know that Will McClay feeds off that.

The last two Cowboys first rounders, have been exactly the guys I hoped we wouldn't pick. And 2 of the last 3 second rounders are dudes I intensely disliked as prospects as well. I did think Sam Williams was a great choice.

I never even considered Suamataia as a first rounder, but if he is, he'd instantly replace Tyler Guyton at the top of my 1st round smash-the-TV list. In a class with like 8 LTs who look ready to start, and another 3 or 4 interior linemen who are day 1 ready, I have no idea why you'd choose the raw project player on day 1 at all. But he's really athletic, he's super risky, he fills a big need, and he'd completely piss me off if we picked him. It's like the Cowboys draft quadfecta. Lock this guy in now.
This guy stinks of being a guard......RG

I wouldn't trust him as a tackle....doesn't have the feet or athleticism

Now if the plan was to move Martin to left tackle......since he's being paid like a left tackle....and he played left tackle in college.....then I could buy into Kingsley Suamataia sliding into RG.....

LT-Martin
LG- T. Smith
C-Bass
RG- Suamataia
RT- Steel

But I would hate sitting pat....and burning a #1 on him.....when you could trade down.... :banghead:

Feels like Schoonmaker.....all over again.

J-man

Reaction score
Yes, I wasn't going to mention him but he checks a lot of boxes.

Overview​

With a rare blend of athletic traits and eye-popping length, it might be a mistake to bet against the high number of boxes Amegadjie checks. His hand usage is a work in progress, and he hasn't learned to consistently get into blocks with proper footwork and body control, but both issues are coachable and likely to be corrected. Provided he improves his punch-timing and placement, his ability to keep rushers at the end of his length could become a big advantage. Amegadjie already possesses impressive explosiveness as a drive blocker and could become a quality NFL starter once his tutelage is complete.

Strengths​

• Outstanding blend of size, athleticism and length.
  • Road-grading power to clear running lanes with leverage and force.
  • Light on his feet with the ability to get to challenging blocks in space.
  • Hands showed noticeable in-season improvement in pass protection.
  • Loose lower half provides foundation for NFL anchor strength.
  • Body control and lateral agility allow for consistent mirroring in pass pro.
  • Arms go on for days and will be some of the longest in the draft.
  • Displays impressive torque-and-turn power in his hips as base block
He would be a huge reach at 24 IMO. But I do think he could be on the list for the pick at 57 if we don't take O-line rd 1.

morasp

Reaction score
He would be a huge reach at 24 IMO. But I do think he could be on the list for the pick at 57 if we don't take O-line rd 1.
I think so too, I wouldn't complain later on though.

reddyuta

Reaction score
rumor both patriots at 34 and 49ers late first Rd are very interested in Kingsley Suamataia .I dont know if trade back is an option anymore but we will have growing pains with him at LT.

reddyuta

Reaction score
update-even the chiefs are high on him and he has visited GB.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Broaddus said on the draft show other teams think the Cowboys have zeroed in on Barton/JPJ. We find out in two weeks.
I think one of them will be our best pick available.

However, we will be torn with a trade back option.

Question really becomes who do we trust more to start Hoffman or Bass?

Also T. Smith wants to stay at guard.

So logic suggests a trade back for a LT in round 1 or early 2nd.