Kiper draft grade

shabazz

Reaction score
I mean they did lol. Signed Kendricks and still took a LB in the 3rd lol.
The LB position was the right position to take considering Kendicks is a 32 year old with a 1 year contract and Overshown coming off the ACL surgery......it's just a question of Liufau being the RIGHT choice

Rayman70

Reaction score
Everyone is assuming Guyton was drafted to be the starter at LT but not so fast my friend. I think we had a plan all along to draft a RT to start day 1, over Steele. I truly believe they convinced themselves of this early. I bet ya Steele gets moved to swing tackle or traded. Richards then moves up the depth chart to swing.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
Everyone is assuming Guyton was drafted to be the starter at LT but not so fast my friend. I think we had a plan all along to draft a RT to start day 1, over Steele. I truly believe they convinced themselves of this early. I bet ya Steele gets moved to swing tackle or traded. Richards then moves up the depth chart to swing.
who is the LT then?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The LB position was the right position to take considering Kendicks is a 32 year old with a 1 year contract and Overshown coming off the ACL surgery......it's just a question of Liufau being the RIGHT choice
I have no issue with the pick. I know nothing about him. Seems to have been a solid prospect. My issue is if they wanted a RB and didn’t have draft pick they should’ve taken one with that pick. It’s fitting that the run on running backs happened where our pick should’ve been had we not traded for Lance…I actually defended that trade but it’s looking dumber by the day too.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
shameful we ignored running back.
In my opinion, the least important position in the draft. Also the weakest. After Brooks and Benson, I’m not sure many of these guys will be starting RBs in the league. There will be better RBs available from now through the trade deadline.

DallasMike

Reaction score
Chad Reuter....

-

Dallas Cowboys
Grade: A-

Draft picks
Oklahoma OT Tyler Guyton (No. 29 overall)
Western Michigan DE Marshawn Kneeland (No. 56)
Kansas State OG Cooper Beebe (No. 73)
Notre Dame LB Marist Liufau (No. 87)
Wake Forest DB Caelen Carson (No. 174)
Southeast Missouri WR Ryan Flournoy (No. 216)
Louisiana OT Nathan Thomas (No. 233)
Auburn DT Justin Rogers (No. 244)

Day 1 grade: A
Day 2 grade: A-
Day 3 grade: B

Analysis: Gaining a third-round pick in a move down the board and still landing a starting tackle made for a successful Thursday night for Dallas. Kneeland and Beebe should prove to be excellent values, while Liufau will be a solid addition to the middle of the Cowboys' defense. The Notre Dame 'backer was picked a bit early for my taste, though.

In Round 5, Dallas added Carson, a versatile corner/safety who was considered a Day 2 prospect near the start of last season. Flournoy has the tools to make the squad his rookie year. The Cowboys did not take a running back with any of their eight picks, leaving a sizable hole on their roster they'll still need to fill this offseason. Dallas had four picks within the top 90 selections, but were without a fourth-rounder, having sent theirs to San Francisco last August for Trey Lance. That investment could work out quite well if the former No. 3 overall pick is able to find his game at the pro level.
Without a 4th rounder, they wanted the LB with that 2nd 3rd rounder. He likely wouldn't have been there for them in the 5th.

shabazz

Reaction score
I have no issue with the pick. I know nothing about him. Seems to have been a solid prospect. My issue is if they wanted a RB and didn’t have draft pick they should’ve taken one with that pick. It’s fitting that the run on running backs happened where our pick should’ve been had we not traded for Lance…I actually defended that trade but it’s looking dumber by the day too.
Point taken. It's just that almost every grader has him going much later in the draft.....but you have to hope he will pan out

As for Lance, I really can't comment on it until we see him in preseason and even then we may not know.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
because, what we did last year worked out so great? lol...YES...we are changing our starters. Its needed
Tyler Smith should be our LT, that’s what he was drafted for, to take Tyron’s place. but he’s played so well at LG, the team isn’t going to move him, much less 4 out of 5 starters

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
We could have drafted Lloyd then gotten Marist the next pick. He would have been there. That was bad drafting. Like the players we got but hated where we got Marist,for example.
How is that possible? Marist was drafted with the 2nd pick in the third round and we didn’t have a fourth round pick. No way he would’ve lasted until the 24th in the 5th round.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
it was a overreach. They saw a need, and reached, instead of just taking the BPA. We had a very nice draft til that point. Why muck it up by getting cute? We had a nice rb prospect sitting there that would have competed for starts day 1. Why draft a linebacker that won't help us day 1? A rd later, I was ok with it.
They should have taken Marshawn LLoyd. The draft otherwise was really good. But the goal of a 12- 5 team should be to improve, not fill the holes left from talent lost in FA.