Kiper's Grade A draft

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Click the link for the rest of the league.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2018/i...l-kiper-plays-gm-three-rounds-first-100-picks

Round 1 (19):
Rashaan Evans, LB, Alabama
Round 2 (50): Mike Gesicki, TE, Penn State
Round 3 (81): Nathan Shepherd, DT, Fort Hays State

Anthony Hitchens got a big free-agent deal from the Chiefs, and we still don't know if Jaylon Smith is going to get back to his pre-injury form. That's why if I'm the Dallas GM, I'm taking a hard-hitting, versatile linebacker in Evans. He's a three-down player with a high ceiling.

Gesicki won't be Jason Witten's replacement on Day 1 -- he was a glorified slot receiver for the Nittany Lions. He needs time (and coaching) to figure out how to be an inline blocker. As a receiver, though, the 6-5, 247-pound Gesicki is a nightmare matchup for linebackers and safeties. I really like Shepherd, who broke a hand in practice at the Senior Bowl. I don't know if he'll be a penetrating 3-technique, but his tape is impressive.

Depending on what happens with Dez Bryant over the next few weeks, wide receiver could be another position to address with these picks.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Love picks 1 and 3.
not crazy about a TE in the 2nd.

I'd rather have a safety that we can use now than a TE of the future. Otherwise, I'm on board with Evans and Shepherd.

Aven8

Reaction score
You don't think Witten and Ricco can hold down the fort another year?

Rico hasn't done anything in 2 years. I like him but it just seems like another hope deal.

Witt should be nothing more than a part time player now. Look at the birds, they have 3 TE's that are all good and contribute.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
A 2nd on a TE sounds like a Jones move, but it wouldn't be a good pick for us, especially since he ain't a blocking TE.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
Click the link for the rest of the league.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2018/i...l-kiper-plays-gm-three-rounds-first-100-picks

Round 1 (19):
Rashaan Evans, LB, Alabama
Round 2 (50): Mike Gesicki, TE, Penn State
Round 3 (81): Nathan Shepherd, DT, Fort Hays State

Anthony Hitchens got a big free-agent deal from the Chiefs, and we still don't know if Jaylon Smith is going to get back to his pre-injury form. That's why if I'm the Dallas GM, I'm taking a hard-hitting, versatile linebacker in Evans. He's a three-down player with a high ceiling.

Gesicki won't be Jason Witten's replacement on Day 1 -- he was a glorified slot receiver for the Nittany Lions. He needs time (and coaching) to figure out how to be an inline blocker. As a receiver, though, the 6-5, 247-pound Gesicki is a nightmare matchup for linebackers and safeties. I really like Shepherd, who broke a hand in practice at the Senior Bowl. I don't know if he'll be a penetrating 3-technique, but his tape is impressive.

Depending on what happens with Dez Bryant over the next few weeks, wide receiver could be another position to address with these picks.
thanks for posting.... but that is pure trash

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Yes.

Who the hell wouldn't? Rico Gathers has done nothing in football college or pro to make anyone believe he's worth anything at all.
Well that’s because he hasn’t played which is due to the fact that he was a basketball player whom the Cowboys are trying to convert to an NFL tight end. That takes time. This is his year to show fans like yourself who don’t really know anything and would give up on an unfinished project, that he’s capable to take over for Witten. You don’t seem to understand what “development” is. Go hate some more on Dak.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well that’s because he hasn’t played which is due to the fact that he was a basketball player whom the Cowboys are trying to convert to an NFL tight end. That takes time. This is his year to show fans like yourself who don’t really know anything and would give up on an unfinished project, that he’s capable to take over for Witten. You don’t seem to understand what “development” is. Go hate some more on Dak.

There isn't a GM in the league that wouldn't take real prospects like Goedert and Gesicki over Gathers. Let's be real here. The fact that you act like the Cowboys are good at the position for the future because they have a guy who last played football in junior high shows how utterly incapable you are of talking honestly about this team.

They've got Rico Gathers.

Yeah...and so what?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
There isn't a GM in the league that wouldn't take real prospects like Goedert and Gesicki over Gathers. Let's be real here. The fact that you act like the Cowboys are good at the position for the future because they have a guy who last played football in junior high shows how utterly incapable you are of talking honestly about this team.

They've got Rico Gathers.

Yeah...and so what?
Just because you say something doesn’t make it so. All I have said is that for this upcoming year the Cowboys are good at TE with Witten, Rico and Hannah. No need to draft one this year. It’d be more prudent to spend that high of a draft pick on defense or offensive line

Verdict

Reaction score
Risen Star's Grade A draft....

Round 1 (6): Baker Mayfield QB Oklahoma
Round 2 (50): Traded for Baker Mayfield
Round 3 (81): Traded for Baker Mayfield

I like Dak a LOT but I'm even more of a Baker Mayfield fan. I wish we could land him. STUD.