Kiper's Grade A draft

firewater

Reaction score
The Cowboys have an unimpressive group of tight ends. They tend to be good blockers that don't bring much in the passing game.

My personal opinion is that none of them scare a single defensive coordinator in the league. Every DC would much rather bring a safety in the box and defend against the run than double cover any receiver or tight end on the roster. We saw that play out pretty much every game last year.

It looks to me like too many people in the Cowboys organization, and fans, are living in the past when it comes to Jason Witten. He's not close to what he once was. His YPC was a full two yards less last year than his career average. As far as Rico Gathers, he's been here two years and hasn't played a single play. Isn't that pretty much the definition of all hype and no production?

IMO we really need a tight end with some speed. And a least one receiver that legitimately stresses a defense down the field. DCs need to pay a price for bringing that safety down.

I agree but my concern is even If they were to use a high draft pick on a TE he wouldn't get much playing time due to Witten not coming off the field.