Kiper's Grade A draft

ghst187

Reaction score
Just because you say something doesn’t make it so. All I have said is that for this upcoming year the Cowboys are good at TE with Witten, Rico and Hannah. No need to draft one this year. It’d be more prudent to spend that high of a draft pick on defense or offensive line

Swaim

waving monkey

Reaction score
Yes.

Who the hell wouldn't? Rico Gathers has done nothing in football college or pro to make anyone believe he's worth anything at all.
So your rebuttal is the college experience. Otherwise Rico's performance in two years of NFL coaching and training means nil?
The coaches like what they see enough to pay him roster money. Thats means something and worth money and a roster spot.
The second round is too valuable this year to play the same old second round TE discombobulation

bpfred

Reaction score
Witten’s a shell of his former self and the rest are jags. We desperately need TE help.

The Cowboys have an unimpressive group of tight ends. They tend to be good blockers that don't bring much in the passing game.

My personal opinion is that none of them scare a single defensive coordinator in the league. Every DC would much rather bring a safety in the box and defend against the run than double cover any receiver or tight end on the roster. We saw that play out pretty much every game last year.

It looks to me like too many people in the Cowboys organization, and fans, are living in the past when it comes to Jason Witten. He's not close to what he once was. His YPC was a full two yards less last year than his career average. As far as Rico Gathers, he's been here two years and hasn't played a single play. Isn't that pretty much the definition of all hype and no production?

IMO we really need a tight end with some speed. And a least one receiver that legitimately stresses a defense down the field. DCs need to pay a price for bringing that safety down.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Just because you say something doesn’t make it so. All I have said is that for this upcoming year the Cowboys are good at TE with Witten, Rico and Hannah. No need to draft one this year. It’d be more prudent to spend that high of a draft pick on defense or offensive line

Oh contra Rockport, His Rising Star's proclamations carries across the lands.
The draft as all things conventional is relative and we have something that is worth seeing plus
Witten is still gobbling up 1 YAC in 90% of the offensive snaps I giving Rico the other snaps if he plays out.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Risen Star's Grade A draft....

Round 1 (6): Baker Mayfield QB Oklahoma
Round 2 (50): Traded for Baker Mayfield
Round 3 (81): Traded for Baker Mayfield
I lost respect for Mayfield’s “escapability” when he got form tackled by an Arkansas cop while “scrambling”, lol.

tm1119

Reaction score

If Rico Gathers wasn’t on your favorite team you wouldn’t even know who he is. It’s nice to fantasize what he COULD be, but that’s what he is, a fantasy. Maybe there’s an off chance he works out and is the TE of the future, but any GM with 1/2 a brain wouldn’t bet on that. You more or less have to treat Rico like he’s not a part of the roster, if he adds anything to the team it will be a great surprise

John813

Reaction score
Would like that draft.

Not sold on Rico being anything more than a hyped up prospect and the other two positions are needs.

Gaede

Reaction score
Te that can't block won't see the field

Love the other two picks though

Johnny23

Reaction score
I like Dak a LOT but I'm even more of a Baker Mayfield fan. I wish we could land him. STUD.
Then you can't complain about the defense. Because that's what trading up for him would cost us.