Twitter: Kirk Cousins Testing FA (Trey Lance Implications)

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
No one is playing ball with their owners in current times. I think Dak would sign to a contract similar to Kirk Cousins. To expect him to sign for less would be unrealistic and unfair, I think.
I don't follow Kirk Cousins and don't know what he got contract wise. Is it about the same as what Dak wants, 60 mil or so?

Adreme

Reaction score
There are other QB's that have done that. Even Mahomes came out and said he does not want to be the highest paid QB in the league because he said he already has enough money and now he just wants to be known for winning SB's, which seem to be the case so far.

Brady did the same thing, but some posters say he did he because his wife is already rich. Running backs and wide receivers may do that because they don't make anywhere the kind of money a QB does, so that would be natural, plus the take more punishment than a QB.
Mahomes can say it all he likes. He signed by far the largest deal ever that was way over everyone else both in AAV and total size. The fact that other deals ended up passing it does not change that.

Brady got paid under the table and had a rich wife. You think it is a coincidence that his brand had a massive deal to be in the stadium that was paying Brady millions. WRs are not doing. RBs are certainly not doing it. RBs are basically trying to get every cent they can but owners have realized how replaceable that position is. The exploding WR market should tell you that WRs are not taking less.

So basically the only example you can name is a guy getting paid under table (Cowboys are way too public to get away with cheating the rules like that) whose wife made triple his salary. So basically there is not a real example of it. There are going to be 1700 players on active rosters next year and all of them are either trying to get the most they can or already got it.

Adreme

Reaction score
I don't follow Kirk Cousins and don't know what he got contract wise. Is it about the same as what Dak wants, 60 mil or so?
I mean he is 5 years older, had a worse year (and is considered by most a worse QB), and is coming off a major injury. The fact that he got 45 million is kinda crazy under those circumstances.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Even Mahomes came out and said he does not want to be the highest paid QB in the league because he said he already has enough money and now he just wants to be known for winning SB's, which seem to be the case so far.
Tyreek Hill agrees.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I hope you are correct. We also need to draft a QB high if it’s not Lance. This organization needs to finally put some stock in the QB position. They act like Romo and Dak are some kind of “we’re smarter than other teams” move. It’s a joke!
Not sure why people compare Romo and Dak draft situations as similar like that. Romo was a very good QB at Illinois but I believe it was Division II school so he went undrafted but caught the eye of Sean Payton because he went to school there. He then proceeded to earn the starter job midway in his third year under a HOF coach. Literally, nothing was expected of him.

Dak was drafted as a potential back up, then got the job due to injury. He fell into a loaded team on the offensive side of the ball that was upgraded with a prime Zeke.

The only similarity between the two was not much was expected of either of them out of the gates, especially of the undrafted Romo.

No one in the organization was trying to get lucky with either of them.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
As far my knowledge of as Lance is concerned, I’ve watched him play on the only place I can: YouTube. He’s raw, but he has potential. His mechanics are good and he goes through his reads. Yes, he’s made some bad decisions not unexpected of a raw QB. But to say he sucks and can’t play is just clueless. He may not turn into anything, but you can’t really know until he plays quite a bit in real game situations, and I’m pretty sure the team is going to have him doing that this off-season.

morat1959

Reaction score
Not sure why people compare Romo and Dak draft situations as similar like that. Romo was a very good QB at Illinois but I believe it was Division II school so he went undrafted but caught the eye of Sean Payton because he went to school there. He then proceeded to earn the starter job midway in his third year under a HOF coach. Literally, nothing was expected of him.

Dak was drafted as a potential back up, then got the job due to injury. He fell into a loaded team on the offensive side of the ball that was upgraded with a prime Zeke.

The only similarity between the two was not much was expected of either of them out of the gates, especially of the undrafted Romo.

No one in the organization was trying to get lucky with either of them.
How does this change the fact that this organization puts no priority on the most important position on the field?

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
How does this change the fact that this organization puts no priority on the most important position on the field?
100 percent. This team "lucked" into their past two franchise quarterbacks, Dak and Romo. Before that the last QB they drafted to be "the guy" was Quincy Carter 23 years ago. When he flopped it was a laughable cycle of bringing in guys like Chad Hutchinson, Vinny Testaverde, Drew Henson, and Drew Bledsoe.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Has anyone seen a single person outside of that Rich Eisen podcast suggest the Vikes have any interest at all? Or is this another link the cowboys and our fans run with it as it’s happening for a 2nd.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
If someone responds to one part of your response it doesn’t mean they disagree with another part of it.

Also, after the playoff loss I called for the team to draft a QB high. The team should at least be doing that when a franchise QB is in their twilight years anyway.

The point was, the team has effectively lucked into two staring QBs that prevented them from following the standard path.

morat1959

Reaction score
If someone responds to one part of your response it doesn’t mean they disagree with another part of it.

Also, after the playoff loss I called for the team to draft a QB high. The team should at least be doing that when a franchise QB is in their twilight years anyway.

The point was, the team has effectively lucked into two staring QBs that prevented them from following the standard path.
And where did that get us? We haven’t had a franchise QB since Aikman. That’s exactly why we haven’t won a SB in 30 years. A true franchise QB is the only thing that can overcome the circus run by the Jones family. They have proven they have no clue how to built a SB caliber team.