Twitter: Kirk Cousins Testing FA (Trey Lance Implications)

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Truth is, not a one of us truly knows anything about the situation.
All speculation just to like or hate about something else. Mostly hate from on here.
The kid has not even had a training camp with the Cowboys yet, and others what to just throw him in the trash. Young kids can still learn with a different environment. It also amazes me that a "Cowboy fan" would want him to fail! That is what I don't understand.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Truth is, not a one of us truly knows anything about the situation.
All speculation just to like or hate about something else. Mostly hate from on here.
I don't hate him. I hope he turns out to be a HOFer, but I just don't see it at this point, not based on college projection, but NFL games he has played and what has happened to him in NFL.

I want to have better than Dak just like anybody else, and not just a change for the sake of change because of desperation.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The kid has not even had a training camp with the Cowboys yet, and others what to just throw him in the trash. Young kids can still learn with a different environment. It also amazes me that a "Cowboy fan" would want him to fail! That is what I don't understand.
who wants him to fail? all the cowboys fans want him to be HOFer. but most cowboys fans are realistic based on what they have seen to date. some of the rest are just hoping we won the lottery and out smarted SF. so when was the last time you won the lottery? and for us to have outsmarted any team in NFL.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
They aren’t trading Lance. They want to see what he has in camp and the preseason.
They would trade him if they got more than 4th round pick but that likely won’t happen. We should have used him as a situational QB last season for a few plays. Had he done something it might have increased his value.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
who wants him to fail? all the cowboys fans want him to be HOFer. but most cowboys fans are realistic based on what they have seen to date. some of the rest are just hoping we won the lottery and out smarted SF. so when was the last time you won the lottery? and for us to have outsmarted any team in NFL.
I wasn't addressing you, so take it down the road.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Trey Lance is going into his 4th year in the league and has played in 8 games. He got a chance to be the starter on a loaded 49ers offense and couldn't cut it and was beat out by a guy drafted in the 7th round. I'm not a Mac Jones fan but he was handed crap when given the starting QB job in NE. His rookie year he threw for 3,801 yards and had a passer rating of 92.5. His career has graded out to being equivalent to Daniel Jones so far. They have very similar numbers.

That being said, I only mentioned Mac Jones because he was just traded and you can use him as a measuring point. If Lance was thought of so highly then more teams would have jumped on the train and try to trade for him last year. It was reported that Dallas offered the 49ers much more compensation then they were expecting and much more than any other team offered for Lance. Jerry bidding against himself again. So if no one else was offering a round 4 pick last year except Dallas then what makes anyone think teams are all of a sudden going to get hyped about Lance now. He hasn't done anything to warrant a team thinking he would be worth more.
It was reported that we are going after Barkely. It was reported we are going after Henry. It was reported.... blah, blah, blah.....

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
"Play scared?" What does thathave to do with keeping Dak or playing some unknown scrub for the sake of playing an unknown scrub?
4 games is enough to label Lance a “scrub” in your eyes.

But 8 years of failure from Dak has you thinking so highly of him that in your own words “we’d be the Jets without him”.

Dak fans are crazy people.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
If JJ can get a #2 for Lance, then what is he waiting for??????? This trade could put JJ over the top when it comes to discussions about the great GMs in the league.....LOL!
LOL, no team will give a 2nd for a 3rd string practice squad QB...

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TREY LANCE hasn't gotten a chance........BECAUSE HE DOESN'T DESERVE ONE...

:facepalm:
why not?

Explain this to us in detail of you expert scouting knowledge.
Break down some film for us.

Or is this just another drive by post.

Otherwise he deserves every chance. Maybe Dak gets the Romo treatment, and is out for a while, and Trey takes the team to 11 straight wins.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
:facepalm:
why not?

Explain this to us in detail of you expert scouting knowledge.
Break down some film for us.

Or is this just another drive by post.

Otherwise he deserves every chance. Maybe Dak gets the Romo treatment, and is out for a while, and Trey takes the team to 11 straight wins.
What is one thing he does well?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
4 games is enough to label Lance a “scrub” in your eyes.

But 8 years of failure from Dak has you thinking so highly of him that in your own words “we’d be the Jets without him”.

Dak fans are crazy people.
actually its 3 years in with the #3 overall pick. the fact that he has only played 4 games is a big concern. but yeah, I get it, you like to spin.