Twitter: Kirk Cousins Testing FA (Trey Lance Implications)

Chuck 54

Reaction score
4 years, 180 million…..That’s what the Cowboys should offer Dak.
Similar QBs.

b0xZZ

Reaction score
Trade Dak to the Vikes for this and next years 1’s and we can go all in on Lance!
I actually like this plan. Also I wouldn't be opposed to trading Parsons and Lamb for a draft haul. We need to rebuild and we need a lot of picks.

morat1959

Reaction score
Some of the fans on here want to remove Lance from the team asap.

This is because Lance is going to replace Dak soon.

#Lance2024
I hope you are correct. We also need to draft a QB high if it’s not Lance. This organization needs to finally put some stock in the QB position. They act like Romo and Dak are some kind of “we’re smarter than other teams” move. It’s a joke!

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
The Dak homers will never buy into this one. I just hope we give Trey at shot in training camp. No rebuild is complete until Dak is gone.
Well, get ready, because I really do think that JJ will extend him that is why they are getting rid of contracts.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I’m a huge Dak fan, but I’d be super happy if he played for 10 million, but we know that’s not happening.
That is what irks me about Dak. If he would at least play ball with JJ and try not to take him to the woodshed and play for something reasonable money wise, then yeah, give him two more year or so, but no, he wants this "market value" at the expense of the team.

morat1959

Reaction score
Well, get ready, because I really do think that JJ will extend him that is why they are getting rid of contracts.
Like many others on here….I’ll check out for awhile. I don’t post nearly as much as I use to anyway. You can only bleed so long.

CowboyinMD

Reaction score
How about just playing Lance and seeing what he’s got before you trade him off for nothing?

..and trade Dak to Minnesota while we're at it for more draft capital. We know Dak's ceiling. We could very well tank without him. So then...tank without him! Get your QB in 2025 if it's not Lance. I have no problem punting 2024 at this point if it means potentially getting in on a top QB in next year's QB-rich draft.

Adreme

Reaction score
That is what irks me about Dak. If he would at least play ball with JJ and try not to take him to the woodshed and play for something reasonable money wise, then yeah, give him two more year or so, but no, he wants this "market value" at the expense of the team.
So does just about every single person at every job in the US.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
So does just about every single person at every job in the US.
True, however, if I'm already filthy rich and wanted to be known for winning a SB for the Cowboys, I would negotiate something fair so I could help my team, and that is the difference between every job in the US.

Adreme

Reaction score
True, however, if I'm already filthy rich and wanted to be known for winning a SB for the Cowboys, I would negotiate something fair so I could help my team, and that is the difference between every job in the US.
And yet there is no QB doing that. There is not a RB doing that, a WR doing that or anyone else doing that. The fact that the argument has become "why doesnt Dak do what no one does" is why it is a silly argument.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
No one is playing ball with their owners in current times. I think Dak would sign to a contract similar to Kirk Cousins. To expect him to sign for less would be unrealistic and unfair, I think.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
It’s hard to negotiate when the Cowboys never even approached to discuss anything.
dak’s salary has never had any impact on our free agency philosophy until this year, and if the team wanted to make a splash, they would have restructured or extended the deal, but they never wanted to be big players in free agency. That’s obvious.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
And yet there is no QB doing that. There is not a RB doing that, a WR doing that or anyone else doing that. The fact that the argument has become "why doesnt Dak do what no one does" is why it is a silly argument.
There are other QB's that have done that. Even Mahomes came out and said he does not want to be the highest paid QB in the league because he said he already has enough money and now he just wants to be known for winning SB's, which seem to be the case so far.

Brady did the same thing, but some posters say he did he because his wife is already rich. Running backs and wide receivers may do that because they don't make anywhere the kind of money a QB does, so that would be natural, plus the take more punishment than a QB.