News: Kitna and Moore to take Cowboys to next level with spread offense

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Last edited:

Rayman70

Reaction score
OH JEESH. This will be interesting if true. Not sure if I would go this route considering our personnel. That's not how the oline is built. They are a powerful mauling oline...not smaller olineman that pull. Connor Williams may be the only guy that would do well in this scheme. Like the idea , but not sure we have the right players for it.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Not a fan of Prescott running the ball more, I get that he can but it also exposes him to more hits and a greater chance of injury. Everyone thought that RGIII was going to be unstoppable and that lasted what? a season and a half?

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
A new OC means that our O will be sluggish for a while until they get used to the new scheme(s). Just sayin.

Swagger

Reaction score
Not a fan of Prescott running the ball more, I get that he can but it also exposes him to more hits and a greater chance of injury. Everyone thought that RGIII was going to be unstoppable and that lasted what? a season and a half?
It's our best shot with him at QB.

Very much in favour of him running the ball - we need to utilise his wheels.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think you have to get creative with Dak. Have to try something different.

The article mentioned Kitnas experience in high school coaching was an asset.

Looks like we might be seeing more of an Amateur style spread offense which might suit our QB’s strengths.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
“Having a spread offense forces the defense to show more of their hand pre-snap. Instead of having a condensed box where things get muddled together, the roles of the defenders will be more clear for Prescott.

Also, Prescott will probably run the ball more from these spread out formations. Then after one drive where it is very pass-heavy, the Cowboys can come out and run the ball.”

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...o-next-level-mike-weber-leaves-practice-early

Stop the Bull****

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
As opposed to?
Meaning what? That we were sluggish anyway so whats the difference? Maybe so but I have seen qb's there are/were decent go into another system and they can't seem to get it going. I expect that those that had a hard time last year will be better this year because they have a year under their belt with the new coach.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
OH JEESH. This will be interesting if true. Not sure if I would go this route considering our personnel. That's not how the oline is built. They are a powerful mauling oline...not smaller olineman that pull. Connor Williams may be the only guy that would do well in this scheme. Like the idea , but not sure we have the right players for it.
I’m all for trying something to try and cater to our QB skill set. 24th in passing offense and 22nd overall definitely needs to improve if we intend to take this offense to the next level. Not to mention our Redzone woes.

“The most important change will have to come in the red zone. Dallas was awful in the red zone last season– they finished 26th in red zone touchdown percentage (51.79 percent).”