Kitna may be the real 2019 difference maker

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
whoah - this is what i get for not paying attention in here and elsewhere more. we hired kitna?

in my mind that's a score. he's intense and just gets things done in a blue collar fashion.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Only in Dallas do we put hope in a QB coach because all the head coach does is screw things up. Last season it was the WR coach that was going to change everything.
only in dallas do we get single minded fans that can't break from a singular topic of their choice to beat on daily and must insert their hate of said person into every thread they can.

nah. i'm sure all forums have an eeyore running around.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't see any one coach being the difference maker but the cumulative effect of adding more fire, like they did with Richard, can make a difference.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Well I'm not a coach and there were no vacancies at the Holiday Inn so I won't bash Kitna without giving him a chance. If he can help elevate Dak's game and Moore can help provide Dak with more game day options it's a win-win.

Kitna’s first order of business is to get Prescott to start working on his footwork. During his first season, Dak was planting that front foot in the ground and driving the ball down the field completing 67.8 percent of his passes. Over that last two seasons, we’ve seen Prescott leaving his feet and trying to throw the football while in the air thus causing his completion percentage to drop to 62.9 percent in 2017 and back up to 67.7 last season.

https://thelandryhat.com/2019/05/13/dallas-cowboys-championship-puzzle-arrived/

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well I'm not a coach and there were no vacancies at the Holiday Inn so I won't bash Kitna without giving him a chance. If he can help elevate Dak's game and Moore can help provide Dak with more game day options it's a win-win.

It was filled up with the internet GM's from here. Just wait, they will bash soon enough. :lmao:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah it's almost like Linehan is still here. Didn't these guys come directly from his tutoring....Some change.

Just because they were under Linehan does not mean they are the same. Maybe they take the good stuff and add to it, and discard the bad stuff.
So just give it a chance.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
only in dallas do we get single minded fans that can't break from a singular topic of their choice to beat on daily and must insert their hate of said person into every thread they can.

nah. i'm sure all forums have an eeyore running around.

Thanks bud. Make sure your mommy puts extra peanut butter on you sandwich. Sounds like you can use it.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
didnt the browns elevate their QBC to OC and now the HC in less then 18months? SMH at the ridiculous statement made that simply is reason to make negative comments about the Cowboys FO..how about we wait and see..Ive seen this more now look at the new HC and OC in the league with little to no experience but simply who they trained under or what offense they were in, its the new trend..a Combo of Coaches like Moore, Kitna, and our TE coach etc will all work together to better utilize our talent..If not they wont last the season, Jerry made it clear to Garett, no contract and stay out of the way of KM and the offense because if hes paying Zeke, Amari, and cooper plus the online billion dollars they better not be 22nd in the league again..it was a warning shot and not just banter..if we start out 500 or under this season, there will be In season changes..

So the Cleveland Browns are the comp? How does that situation compare with Kitna being hired as a QB coach? It doesn’t.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
So the Cleveland Browns are the comp? How does that situation compare with Kitna being hired as a QB coach? It doesn’t.
how does my busting you for inserting I HATE JERRY into yet another topic compare with my deceased mother adding peanut butter to my sammiches?

it doesn't.

carry on.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Yeah it's almost like Linehan is still here. Didn't these guys come directly from his tutoring....Some change.
Kitna has been exposed to a lot of the Coryell system but also numerous OCs and HCs since he was journey man. He was always good enough to be a starter but never good enough to stay a starter. he was used by many teams as a bridge player. He was the type of back up that you would not be able to full on tank, think Fitzpatrick without the gaudy numbers.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Kitna, Moore & Garrett. Formerly 3 qb's going to run the Dallas Cowboys. Sadly, the best one is missing. "FOUR"

jrumann59

Reaction score
Well he is smart he was supposed to be an OC for SD of AAF but had to leave the job once he was offered QB Coach for Dallas...

blueblood70

Reaction score
they arent the only ones but pre-season from Offseason winners are predicting the Browns make the biggest jump and may end up in deep playoff run so I used them as an example..heck this board has been talking browns all offseason all the jealous moves thyve made etc but no mention of raw inexperienced coaching..so im bringing that up but this has been done throughout the league the last 3-4 years, so yes ill use this browns example today..

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Personally, I think Kitna is a Garrett call. Don't get me wrong, I like Kitna and I always have. I think he knows a lot about a lot when it comes to being a QB in the NFL. Kitna was here in 2010/11, I believe. This could not be a Moore call, in terms of hire. This has to be a Garrett call so I wonder just exactly how much things will change?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
If I had to quantify it, I'd say my confidence in the 2019 offensive coaching staff is easily doubled as a consequence of adding Kitna.

I think Kitna is going to focus on Dak's fundamentals. After three years, Dak is still very very very inconsistent with his footwork and his throwing motion which leads to a lot of his inaccuracy issues. the other part Kitna needs to work with him is help him see the whole field. right now he is slow in reading his progressions, making a decision and throwing the ball. I don't think Dak even trusts his own arm at times. fix his footwork and throwing motion and he will be better.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I think Kitna is going to focus on Dak's fundamentals. After three years, Dak is still very very very inconsistent with his footwork and his throwing motion which leads to a lot of his inaccuracy issues. the other part Kitna needs to work with him is help him see the whole field. right now he is slow in reading his progressions, making a decision and throwing the ball. I don't think Dak even trusts his own arm at times. fix his footwork and throwing motion and he will be better.
In an offense based on timing footwork is key, a 3 step drop has to be the same every time or the ball will not be where it needs to be when the guys come open. In HS we had QB that was inconsistent with his drop back coaches put bungy cords at his ankles to help, if he did not stride long enough he would trip on the cords, and he could not over stride due to the tension on the cord.