Kitna to be QB coach, Moore leading candidate for OC

The Natural

Reaction score
This actually makes sense. It gives JG the ability to really show if he has the chops to be a quality head coach. JJ had him stop calling plays so he could focus on running the team. This year we saw he proved he is a leader of men. He got more aggressive in his decisions in the game and maybe JJ thinks it's now or never for JG. If he believes in JG's offensive abilities then it makes sense to give him a chance to run the offense and prove it. If not in my opinion he is gone. It's a put up or shut up move.

Not my choice. It feels like another wasted year but you can see how SJ and JJ might think this way.
Year 9? And we finally get to see if Garrett can be a quality head coach. Lol

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Parcells hired Sean Payton, Todd Haley, Tony Sparano, Todd Bowles, & kept Mike Zimmer (With the Giants, Parcells also recognized the talent of Belichick and Tom Coughlin).
Jimmy brought his quality coaching staff from University of Miami to Dallas (Wanny, Butch Davis, Joe Brodsky, Hubbard Alexander, Tony Wise, & later hired Norv in 1991, & Hudson Houck in 93).

In Dallas, smart independent head coaches know how to assemble a solid coaching staff, evaluate bright young coaching candidates, & tell the management side (Jerry) to stay out when assembling a coaching staff.
When Jimmy & Parcells were running the team, assistant coaching hires were good & solid.

Jerry's picking of the assistant coaches and the overall coaching staff is a joke -- his constant meddling & imposing in the football operations of the team is a failure for this organization.

Yup. Around here they apparently base coaching decisions off of who is a pretty nice guy.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Why?

What has Moore shown that flashes he is worthy of being our OC?

Dak hasn't really improved much at all under Moore...
Look at the second half of the season and say that again. Moore will know Dak better than anyone and lean more to Dak's comfort zone. Even though he sometime comes off looking like a goofball he has a much better football mind than the coach that left. Moore could be Payton if he had just been gifted an athletic body. Didn't happen.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I’m not asking for retreads but I would like someone with more than 1 year coaching experience

Not exactly accurate. As myself and others pointed out, he was handling several offensive assistant duties while on IR and on the PS. Pretty obvious that he'd been being trained as a coach for some time.

Also, if you don't want a retread but do want some experience, then you should be banging the drum for Nussmeier

HellCrowe

Reaction score
I don’t get it. Still a Lineahan disciple...

Didn’t follow his career in Boise. Anyone know what kind of offense they ran?

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Best news I've heard all weekend...Just goes to show who really watches football...and breaks down X's and O's.....and those that just like to rant crap and tweet BS.

And this thread is just full of people that aren't informed. :laugh:

Just like the Vander Esch pick...People will be eating cold crow when our offense takes off...and people will wonder how it happened:huh:

Dog Kellen all you want..I'm keeping score this time.:rolleyes:

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Seems awfully fast.

I suspect Moore is very creative, a bit in the Kingsbury mode. But that's a huge step.

Lets hope so..... If he knows Daks strengths and Dak has said " if I could have run this play this way it was a big gainer" then this might be something worth considering if we can't find a creative OC to then work with both of them.

Keep Moore in a QC type role to still help the team and let him earn a potential OC role

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
I really hope this is not true. I mean going from QB coach to OC? He has not even proven he can even be a QB coach so how can someone promote him just like that. Red calling plays? He was terrible at it when he did call them here. He even got his HC fired in the process. Looks like Jerry is trying to be cheap on what made him his $ to save on some $ to recoup for his $250 million superyacht.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Not exactly accurate. As myself and others pointed out, he was handling several offensive assistant duties while on IR and on the PS. Pretty obvious that he'd been being trained as a coach for some time.

Also, if you don't want a retread but do want some experience, then you should be banging the drum for Nussmeier

And it worries me that he was trained by JG and SL.