Kitna to be QB coach, Moore leading candidate for OC

Blake

Reaction score
Yes you can

Godzilla will be the next head coach

RAAAAWWWWWRRRRRR

Godzilla will get a blurb in the media here and there, but ultimately that job belongs to Rowdy. He's family.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score

This actually makes sense. It gives JG the ability to really show if he has the chops to be a quality head coach. JJ had him stop calling plays so he could focus on running the team. This year we saw he proved he is a leader of men. He got more aggressive in his decisions in the game and maybe JJ thinks it's now or never for JG. If he believes in JG's offensive abilities then it makes sense to give him a chance to run the offense and prove it. If not in my opinion he is gone. It's a put up or shut up move.

Not my choice. It feels like another wasted year but you can see how SJ and JJ might think this way.

TexasTriumph

Reaction score
I wanted Linehan gone and he is....I'm up for seeing what Garrett/Moore/Kitna come up with

Reactions: CWR

khiladi

Reaction score
Oh holy h-e-double hockeysticks, this would be a complete Jerry move. From 2nd string QB to QB coach to OC within three years. And we thought Garrett didn't have enough experience.

Moore has about as much experience as Garrett did when the latter got the job.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Do you think Jerry just sees everyone going with young, innovative OC's and says to himself, well, I have a young guy myself?

What a horrible, horrible idea.

As far as Kitna, he took over a powerhouse high school program out here (Brophy Prep) last year. He's a sincere, legit dude..I really like him. He just started working with a friend of mine for the San Diego Fleet (Alliance) as well.

pansophy

Reaction score
The thing is, we could easily run something philosophically similar to the Rams using the existing scheme. There’s absolutely nothing preventing that except an unwillingness to do so. We were edging closer to it when Callahan was running the offense, because they more or less come from the same coaching tree. I’m pretty certain McVay even learned a bit of what he does from Callahan.
That's my hope actually. All the jet sweep fakes the Rams ran against us and I had no idea who had the ball -- it just seemed like that is what we were trying to run all year but were way less effective at it than the Rams. Dak played better than Goff IMO and yet their offense was so much more productive, not only against us, but all year.

Western

Reaction score
Parcells hired Sean Payton, Todd Haley, Tony Sparano, Todd Bowles, & kept Mike Zimmer (With the Giants, Parcells also recognized the talent of Belichick and Tom Coughlin).
Jimmy brought his quality coaching staff from University of Miami to Dallas (Wanny, Butch Davis, Joe Brodsky, Hubbard Alexander, Tony Wise, & later hired Norv in 1991, & Hudson Houck in 93).

In Dallas, smart independent head coaches know how to assemble a solid coaching staff, evaluate bright young coaching candidates, & tell the management side (Jerry) to stay out when assembling a coaching staff.
When Jimmy & Parcells were running the team, assistant coaching hires were good & solid.

Jerry's picking of the assistant coaches and the overall coaching staff is a joke -- his constant meddling & imposing in the football operations of the team is a failure for this organization.

Jaxonsdaddd

Reaction score
Why all the bad talk about Kellen Moore? I have no idea what kind of offensive ideas Kellen Moore has and neither does anyone else on his board. Just because Dak is incredibly inaccurate doesn't mean it's his QB coach fault.

BTW I have no opinion either positive or negative on Moore as we don't have enough info.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
I guess i'm the only one that really like this. Didn't read through the whole thread but guessing I'm in the minority.

coult44

Reaction score
Why all the bad talk about Kellen Moore? I have no idea what kind of offensive ideas Kellen Moore has and neither does anyone else on his board. Just because Dak is incredibly inaccurate doesn't mean it's his QB coach fault.

BTW I have no opinion either positive or negative on Moore as we don't have enough info.

And there lies the problem. Are we going to sit and watch another "Training Day" reality show until Dak, Zeke, Martin, Fred, Lawerence, Lee, LVE, and Smith, are all getting ready to retire. We've done this already with the HC.

khiladi

Reaction score
Parcells hired Sean Payton, Todd Haley, Tony Sparano, Todd Bowles, & kept Mike Zimmer (With the Giants, Parcells also recognized the talent of Belichick and Tom Coughlin).
Jimmy brought his quality coaching staff from University of Miami to Dallas (Wanny, Butch Davis, Joe Brodsky, Hubbard Alexander, Tony Wise, & later hired Norv in 1991, & Hudson Houck in 93).

In Dallas, smart independent head coaches know how to assemble a solid coaching staff, evaluate bright young coaching candidates, & tell the management side (Jerry) to stay out when assembling a coaching staff.
When Jimmy & Parcells were running the team, assistant coaching hires were good & solid.

Jerry's picking of the assistant coaches and the overall coaching staff is a joke -- his constant meddling & imposing in the football operations of the team is a failure for this organization.

Jerry gave Jason plenty of power. It wasn’t Jerry that promoted John Garrett, the brother of Jason, from TE coach to passing game coordinator for showing nothing, while John and Jason trying to force John’s pet Kevin Ogletree into the offense. Jason brought in Hudson Houck.

Jerry pulled the reigns to protect this organization from Jason’s own incompetence, while saving his own adopted son from the humiliation of being fired for sucking. Jason has a job because of Jerry.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Peter Principle
n.
The theory that employees within an organization will advance to their highest level of competence and then be promoted to and remain at a level at which they are incompetent.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
I guess i'm the only one that really like this. Didn't read through the whole thread but guessing I'm in the minority.
Why?

What has Moore shown that flashes he is worthy of being our OC?

Dak hasn't really improved much at all under Moore...