KJ Wright LB is the best linebacker available

DRella

Reaction score
Restructure Coop and DLaw as they wont be going anywhere anytime soon.

Sign KJ Wright, Breeland, Kazee and Hooker.

Go into draft by selecting best available player and not by need. Obviously focusing on D.

Carson

Reaction score

Go into draft by selecting best available player and not by need. Obviously focusing on D.
What’s sad, is it’s literally this easy to go from competing in the East to being lead dog in the East

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I agree. I think we should look into him but it doesn’t seem his market has developed. I saw rumors it was the Seahawks and eagles interested but nothing yet.
Heard he wants to play on a playoff contender in a similar scheme. This suggests Seattle, Vegas or the Cowboys.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Seems like fans like him more than the Cowboys, who I don't think have been linked with him? He's also an OLB and as much as we may not like Smith or LVE, I doubt they bring in another OLB, especially since Neal could also be playing some LB as well.
They need another starting caliber linebacker, even if Neal plays full time at the position. Lve has struggled staying healthy, need an insurance plan if he goes down again.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
SEA needs a D with AZ and LAR in the division and if they let him walk, beware. First question should always be "gee, I wonder what her first husband didn't like about her"?
Seattle has very little cap space to work with.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
KJ Wright is a possibility if Jaylon and LVE aren’t here. I can’t see them signing Wright personally.
He is ideally suited for the strong side LB role in Quinn's scheme. Has good coverage abilities, to be able to become a 3 down player.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
He's likely waiting it out for the bigger, best deal, for my guesswork.
But I have very little expectations that we would even consider an established vet like Wright.
Stephen probably has already made up his mind that KJ will be out of his price range.

Plus I can't shake the feeling that management really does believe in Jaylon and how
good of a player they really think he is.

Sorry but despite draft ahead, post-draft, i'm seeing a plan that indicates we could see our team struggle vs run again.
We just signed a Quinn guy for a 5 million deal, that's far more then what we have paid in the past.

Daillest88

Reaction score

At this point we only need to restructure coopers.

quickccc

Reaction score
We just signed a Quinn guy for a 5 million deal, that's far more then what we have paid in the past.

In their eyes, the Quinn group may not have seen LBs as much of a dire need as they did at safeties on this roster.

DCCowboys11

Reaction score
not totally convinced LVE or Jaylon won't be traded to a team desperate enough to take a chance on them. We need at very least 2 top notch linebackers and I dont care how we land them. Sign maybe KJ Wright and then draft a guy like KJ Britt or Brandon Browning/Pete Werner. We need quality bodies at LB.
Hopefully, adding a solid DT before it’s all said and done, will help improve the play of Jaylon and LVE if they’re still on the roster. I’m optimistic that it will.

CWR

Reaction score

That would be a great haul. We'd probably take Pitts if we pulled it off.

fivetwos

Reaction score
There is very little chance the team heads into the draft with just two starting caliber linebackers. Yes, Neal will play a little linebacker, but that might just be more of a nickel role.

KJ Wright is the best linebacker available, can play all 3 spots and has played in this scheme under Dan Quinn. Adding him, would stablize the position and wouldn't force the team to reach to fill a need in the draft. I really think it's going to come down to him staying with Seattle or Wright either signing with us or the Raiders.
Not like they missed on Perryman now they don't want to add a LB, so I expect one or even two to be added.

We are getting to the stage where teams are going to tell players that they may have interest depending how the draft goes.....and to where players end up waiting for that reason.

Wright probably falls into that category.

I also wonder exactly how often we may see three LBs plus Neal on the field at once. Maybe it isn't a huge priority. If so I would expect a mid round pick instead of the money Wright may want.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
KJ is the kind of LB this team needs on the inside. The thumper. It would be great to get him, maybe Dak can call his alumni brother and make him an offer he cannot refuse. But i am doubting the Cowboys will outbid the other teams.

visionary

Reaction score
There is very little chance the team heads into the draft with just two starting caliber linebackers. Yes, Neal will play a little linebacker, but that might just be more of a nickel role.

KJ Wright is the best linebacker available, can play all 3 spots and has played in this scheme under Dan Quinn. Adding him, would stablize the position and wouldn't force the team to reach to fill a need in the draft. I really think it's going to come down to him staying with Seattle or Wright either signing with us or the Raiders.

I would rather have signed him than Neal and then get Hooker and draft Moehrig/Grant

Dre11

Reaction score

H no on Breeland dude is trash

fivetwos

Reaction score
What if they decide to select Parsons at 10?

In that case they should probably add a cheap veteran, if that.

If not, maybe that changes.

See my post above about post draft signings.

Edit....its not something I'm personally in favor of, but Parsons at 10 would probably be coupled with declining the LVE 5th year option at 9m, and something that is a real possibility for this team.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Let me throw in that I dont think Bernard is someone that should never be given a real shot.

Has a high motor. This team needs more of that.