KJ Wright LB is the best linebacker available

blueblood70

Reaction score
I believe they will bring in two more vets but after the draft pans out..they will fill the holes the draft doesn't. Will KJ be available then i dont know but really what his true positions? right now we have LBS on this staff that mostly play best at sam and will a converted safety to fill holes but no true big run stiffing Middle LB..not sure how Quinns defense works but how many players that play the same positions can we sign?

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Depending upon how much is left to sign the 10 picks we'll have will depend largely on the chances of signing anyone close to Griffen's dollar amount last year. Dallas would likely need to move down to earlier in round 2 to get Horn, imho. Not so sure if he'd be taken in round one, though.
Horn is looking like a top 15 lock, he even has a chance to become the #1 Corner off the board. There is no way he is there is rd 2. Farley, with his medicals is more likely, but not Horn, especially after his great pro day.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Horn is looking like a top 15 lock, he even has a chance to become the #1 Corner off the board. There is no way he is there is rd 2. Farley, with his medicals is more likely, but not Horn, especially after his great pro day.

Considering how prone we are to gamble on players with medical issues, it wouldn't surprise me if we took Farley in the mid 2nd round. He could also be taken toward the end of round one, depending upon how minutely limited he might be.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I can't help but consider it's somewhat possible that we'd be inclined to take Parsons in round 1 and Jaycee Horn in round 2. Of course, doing that would rely upon things falling ideally in the upcoming draft. I'd love for this FO to be more daring in acquiring capable vet FAs like KJ Wright. It's wishful thinking on my part, however -- I'll openly admit to that. The price might be our FO's main deterrent to acquiring KJ, though. We'll see about that. ;)
With Farley falling, horn is moving up a little, but even before the Farley news, Horn was still considered a 1st round prospect by most.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
With Farley falling, horn is moving up a little, but even before the Farley news, Horn was still considered a 1st round prospect by most.

OK, I hadn't been aware Horn was that greatly in high esteem. If we were to go for Parsons, assuming he falls that far, perhaps we'd settle for Farley in round two, then. It's also likely we could take Moehrig later in rd. 1 if we move down, I suppose. Our needs are plentiful enough to have lots of options, that's for sure.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Considering how prone we are to gamble on players with medical issues, it wouldn't surprise me if we took Farley in the mid 2nd round. He could also be taken toward the end of round one, depending upon how minutely limited he might be.
That is a possibility, but I think one of those playoff teams will take the chance of getting a top 10 talent.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
OK, I hadn't been aware Horn was that much in high esteem. If we were to go for Parsons, assuming he falls that far, perhaps we'd settle for Farley in round two.
Considering our history and the affliction we have with draft injured players that have slipped down everyone elses boards, than yes this would not surprise me.
There will be some other really nice players there at 44 as well.
Whats left of the OTs will be cleaned up in round 2 for the most part. If Eichenberg, Jenkins, or Cosmi are there at 44 its going to be a hard pass for future starting OTs.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
That is a possibility, but I think one of those playoff teams will take the chance of getting a top 10 talent.

That wouldn't be too much of a surprise to me, either. Surtain will surely be a major temptation for us if he's still available for pick #10. If not, anything is possible. I'd love to see Parsons slide to us for our pick at #10. He could really shake things up at MLB.

Last edited:

Cowboyny

Reaction score
That wouldn't be too much of a surprise to me, either. Surtain will surely be a major temptation for us if he's still available for pick #10. If not, anything is possible. I'd love to see Parsons slide to us for our pick at #10. He could really shake things up at MLB.
I think we are zeroing in taking a corner at 10, either Surtain or Horn

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I think we are zeroing in taking a corner at 10, either Surtain or Horn

True, by the looks of things. Both Surtain and Horn have drawn our interest lately. All the mocks seem to bear that out. OT is strong enough this year to hold up for good ones for at least 3 rounds. LB should draw our attention early-on as well.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Best case scenario if Surtain and Parsons were both somehow available, but we have the ammo to move up if they feel so enamored with either and dont want to risk it.
My preference would just be to hang tight and dont panic, with the 10 there are going to be choices, good choices, and I wouldnt trade up for anyone in this draft thats not a QB.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
True, by the looks of things. Both Surtain and Horn have drawn our interest lately. All the mocks seem to bear that out. OT is strong enough this year to hold up for good ones for at least 3 rounds. LB should draw our attention early-on as well.
OL, especially Tackle get over drafted due to need. Even in a deep class, don't think much will be there at 75.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
OL, especially Tackle get over drafted due to need. Even in a deep class, don't think much will be there at 75.

Recently, I've seen where prognostication gurus predict there'll be enough depth this year to provide some quality OTs that deep. Of course, that greatly depends upon the extent of quality they might be referring to. Starters might be had after 2 or 3 years of off and on development. No guarantees.

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Best case scenario if Surtain and Parsons were both somehow available, but we have the ammo to move up if they feel so enamored with either and dont want to risk it.
My preference would just be to hang tight and dont panic, with the 10 there are going to be choices, good choices, and I wouldnt trade up for anyone in this draft thats not a QB.

If 10 choices are utilized wisely, there'd likely be enough keepers to fortify even the most average of GMs, or GM pretenders. ;)

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Recently, I've seen where prognostication gurus predict there'll be enough depth this year to provide some quality OTs that deep. Of course, that greatly depends upon the extent of quality they might be referring to. Starters might be had after 2 or 3 years of off and on development. No guarantees.
I think if Tyron/Collins can make the majority of their starts we will be ok. Just signed a quality swing Tackle. It would be nice to start developing a starter at the position. A player like Hudson from Cincy would fit the bill.

Brooksey

Reaction score
We need run stoppers or were going to be the worst in the league against the run again. Our front 7 has proven they can't stop anyone...Brent Urban is ok but we need much more. The safety pickups should help against the pass but we're in big trouble against the run...looking like a bottom 5 #27-32 at this point. I'll take KJ Wright in a second

CowboyJ70

Reaction score
We need run stoppers or were going to be the worst in the league against the run again. Our front 7 has proven they can't stop anyone...Brent Urban is ok but we need much more. The safety pickups should help against the pass but we're in big trouble against the run...looking like a bottom 5 #27-32 at this point. I'll take KJ Wright in a second
KJ Wright and DaQuan Jones!

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score

KJ is what we need on this defense. Someone who understands the system and will be the play caller and leader on the field. I just don't trust Jaylon or even LVE to understand it, much less leading the defense. But i am doubtful he winds up here, money being the issue.