KJ Wright LB is the best linebacker available

garyv

Reaction score
There is very little chance the team heads into the draft with just two starting caliber linebackers. Yes, Neal will play a little linebacker, but that might just be more of a nickel role.

KJ Wright is the best linebacker available, can play all 3 spots and has played in this scheme under Dan Quinn. Adding him, would stablize the position and wouldn't force the team to reach to fill a need in the draft. I really think it's going to come down to him staying with Seattle or Wright either signing with us or the Raiders.

I will be shocked if we are finished in free agency I still think we will add 3 more free agents before making our 10 draft picks.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
There is very little chance the team heads into the draft with just two starting caliber linebackers. Yes, Neal will play a little linebacker, but that might just be more of a nickel role.

KJ Wright is the best linebacker available, can play all 3 spots and has played in this scheme under Dan Quinn. Adding him, would stablize the position and wouldn't force the team to reach to fill a need in the draft. I really think it's going to come down to him staying with Seattle or Wright either signing with us or the Raiders.
https://www.fieldgulls.com/2021/3/2...-agency-nfl-news-all-is-quiet-kj-wright-front

Rayman70

Reaction score
offer him a 2 year 6 mil dollar deal..that would be 3 mil per.. Just make the call.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I will be shocked if we are finished in free agency I still think we will add 3 more free agents before making our 10 draft picks.
I've heard they will sign three defensive starters when all said is done.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Not like they missed on Perryman now they don't want to add a LB, so I expect one or even two to be added.

We are getting to the stage where teams are going to tell players that they may have interest depending how the draft goes.....and to where players end up waiting for that reason.

Wright probably falls into that category.

I also wonder exactly how often we may see three LBs plus Neal on the field at once. Maybe it isn't a huge priority. If so I would expect a mid round pick instead of the money Wright may want.
It's my understanding that Neal will be playing both positions. We may see Wilson at Free, Neal at Strong against the run and a 3 safety alignment in the nickel.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
lol he’s not taking that deal. If he wanted to play the cheap, incentives game he would’ve stayed in Seattle. He’s already said no to a discount for them and he wants to be paid.

With that being said. He likely ends up back in Seattle
Eh, every player likes cash up front lol.

I'm sure he's looking to get paid, but I'm sure Dallas can beat any signing bonus Wright would get elsewhere, should they want to.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
In their eyes, the Quinn group may not have seen LBs as much of a dire need as they did at safeties on this roster.
Maybe so. I just saw Quinn sign Neal who knows his scheme, Kazee is coming in, Wright could follow if he isn't asking for the house.

blueblood70

Reaction score
dont we need more of a true middle LB , does he play MLB? right now they have WSL and SLB but MLB who could also make play calls and adjustments is what we are lacking n but could be wrong as normal LB alignments are starting to become thing of the past..

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
You're talking about a team that had kept Tyrone Crawford for his entire extension, Nick Hayden for 3(?) years, Justin Im retired Durant at LB for 2 years after he checked out etc...

They may not be sold on LVE past this year but I think they will give him this year to re-prove himself. And I doubt they anywhere as negative as most are on Smith. So, to me they got LVE, Smith, Neal*, Bernard, IR GIRfford, and will probably take another LB in the draft.

At most IMO, they may sign another depth LB, but I can't see Wright. Hope I'm wrong but I have doubts they would sign Wright when they are hoping for a rebound for their crippled duo.

This

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I've heard they will sign three defensive starters when all said is done.

So Neal will be one; and either Kazee or Hooker will be the second. Assuming the three defensive line pickups are rotation guys that leaves either a starting linebacker or a corner left to be signed.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
So Neal will be one; and either Kazee or Hooker will be the second. Assuming the three defensive line pickups are rotation guys that leaves either a starting linebacker or a corner left to be signed.
If that statement is accurate, we should expect two more signings.

garyv

Reaction score

This would make me very happy just a solid guy and player