Kliff Kingsbury should be new OC

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Great QB coach!! He coached Baker Mayfield, Case Keenum, Johnny Football and of course, Patrick Mahomes. If JJ is stuck on Linehan, bring him in as QB coach and Special offensive assistant in charge of Offensive Creativity.
I don't think he would come for anything other than OC. That would be fine by me.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...liff-kingsbury-fired-texas-tech-losing-season

Kliff Kingsbury fired after third straight losing season
1:35 PM ET

Texas Tech has fired coach Kliff Kingsbury after the Red Raiders finished with a third consecutive losing season, sources confirmed to ESPN.

Texas Tech athletic director Kirby Hocutt has called a news conference for 3 p.m. ET Sunday.

Kingsbury had a 35-40 record over six years at Texas Tech, closing this season with a 35-24 loss to Baylor on Saturday that kept the Red Raiders from reaching bowl eligibility. Kingsbury had two years left on his contract with a $4.2 million buyout

Mannix

Reaction score
They need to not sit around and think about it....he will be gone by tomorrow I'm betting.

conner01

Reaction score
Agreed. Lincoln Riley is my #1 choice.

But bringing in anybody who would move away from this fossilized offense and bring in some 21st century thinking, I'm all for it. Be it Kingsbury oe somebody else.
Riley is not taking an OC job and Jerry is not replacing Garrett

cern

Reaction score
We need Matt lafleur, titans oc, as our next hc. At the very least oc and asst. Hc.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Nope.. Not a good fit at all for us or any other NFL team.
I'm interested in your reasons why, if you don't mind.
I like your thoughts on this kind of stuff.

Reaction score
Riley is not taking an OC job and Jerry is not replacing Garrett
My first choice is throwing out Garrett and putting in Riley.

If Jerry is foolish enough to keep Garrett (and he definitely is) then bring in somebody competent like Kingsbury as OC and remake this offense.

They can burn Garrett's playbook in celebration.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I'm interested in your reasons why, if you don't mind.
I like your thoughts on this kind of stuff.

Too much spread. Too gimmicky... NFL games have to be managed a certain way as well. Pass happy is not the way to go.

Mike Leach football just won’t work in the league.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Great QB coach!! He coached Baker Mayfield, Case Keenum, Johnny Football and of course, Patrick Mahomes. If JJ is stuck on Linehan, bring him in as QB coach and Special offensive assistant in charge of Offensive Creativity.
I don't think he would come for anything other than OC. That would be fine by me.
Mayfield left and went to OK and Manziel played for A&M. But he would be a definite upgrade over Moore. Probably look better in that leather helmet too.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Too much spread. Too gimmicky... NFL games have to be managed a certain way as well. Pass happy is not the way to go.

Thank you! I can get with this.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Totally forgot about Case Keenum at Houston. So he's helped develop Keenum, Manziel, and Mahomes. Perfect mind for the new era of the NFL

conner01

Reaction score
My first choice is throwing out Garrett and putting in Riley.

If Jerry is foolish enough to keep Garrett (and he definitely is) then bring in somebody competent like Kingsbury as OC and remake this offense.

They can burn Garrett's playbook in celebration.
I think replacing the OC is the only realistic option

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I'm sure he would adjust to the NFL. Easier for him to dial it back than for Linehan to step it up. I think.