Ko Simpson or Davin Joseph?

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
OK, so let's assume that our first pick is Lawson/Carpenter/Wimbley..

I just have a gut feeling that our second round pick will be either Simpson or Joseph.. anyone else agree? and if we are on the clock and both of them are available, who do you think we would pick and who would you want to pick?

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
EMMITTnROY said:

I just have a gut feeling that our second round pick will be either Simpson or Joseph.. anyone else agree? and if we are on the clock and both of them are available, who do you think we would pick and who would you want to pick?

Joseph in round two; Anthony Smith in round three.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
EMMITTnROY said:

Joseph. To me, he would be the best of the two. Joseph really should be a first round pick IMO. He may just be the best Guard prospect coming out. I like Joseph ALOT!

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
EMMITTnROY said:

I think Joseph will be gone before we pick at 49, and Simpson is a player at a real need position anyway...Joseph wouldnt have much chance of starting this yr unless either Rivera or Kosier got hurt

David

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
I think Joseph will be gone before we pick at 49, and Simpson is a player at a real need position anyway...Joseph wouldnt have much chance of starting this yr unless either Rivera or Kosier got hurt

David
If Parcells really is a play the best player coach, Joseph would be in the starting lineup. Granted, I don't really know what to expect from Kosier, but he sounds like a good swing man. Joseph is a good run and pass blocker and can easily get to the second level to take on LBers and Safties. He is just really good.

Derinyar

Reaction score
If we are drafting based on who will start this year as opposed to who we think will have the best career then we are in trouble.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Paniolo22 said:
If Parcells really is a play the best player coach, Joseph would be in the starting lineup. Granted, I don't really know what to expect from Kosier, but he sounds like a good swing man. Joseph is a good run and pass blocker and can easily get to the second level to take on LBers and Safties. He is just really good.

that may be, but again I seriously doubt he'll be available when we pick at 49

I think eveyrone keeps banging upn Kosier, but the guy who was pretty bad last yr wa sRivera...Parcells aint benching him and we didnt target and pay Kosier what we did for him to be a backup

David

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
I only wish we had that problem to deal with... if both are available, I'd take Joseph but be thrilled with either one.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I think there's an excellent chance that Griffin, Zemitas, Watkins or Bullocks will be there at our pick in the 3rd round. If it were me, I'd snatch up Joseph, if he were there and never look back. I think that there will still be excellent value at FS in the 3rd round. JMO.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
EMMITTnROY said:

Joseph...jospeh...joseph...am I clear....Joseph...not clear yet. JOSEPH

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dbair1967 said:

David

I agree.

I take Simpson.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
I agree.

I take Simpson.

You like him over Joseph or you just don't think the possability will ever present itself?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ABQCOWBOY said:
You like him over Joseph or you just don't think the possability will ever present itself?

I think Joseph will be gone by #49.

I wish I had the "inside" knowledge to know if the Cowboy brain trust is viewing Coleman as the "defacto" starter this year?

If not then I think a 2nd FS is very possible. Maybe even necessary. If Coleman is looked upon as the starter then I think we could be looking at a day two safety.

The problem I have with taking a guard with the second pick is that he probably won't play this year. I'm guessing that either Gurode or Peterman will be first off the bench.

So if that's the case why pick a guard in the second round?

Tough choices.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Joseph is the better player (by far) and guard is a bigger need. I just don't get the fascination with Ko Simpson. Aside from the fact that he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer and doesn't play a premium position, he's not nearly the spectacular athlete people are making him out to be. In a draft loaded with safeties, I wouldn't touch Simpson until Day 2.