Kraken Open To Extension

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Open to extension is one thing.
Doesn't mean he won't try to put the price tag through the roof.

EDIT: Trying do five things at once does not typically work well. Sorry for the typos.

Wayne02

Reaction score
I'd be surprised if he signed an extension during the season, if he continues to put up these sack numbers, he's going to have a lot of offers. I don't know who his agent is, but he'll probably wait it out.

RunDMC

Reaction score
I'd be surprised if he signed an extension during the season, if he continues to put up these sack numbers, he's going to have a lot of offers. I don't know who his agent is, but he'll probably wait it out.

Rosenhaus.

Sydla

Reaction score
Right now, on average salary, he's the 6th highest paid DE this season.

Watt leads at over $16MM per, with Mario Williams at $16MM and then Robert Quinn at $14MM.

Talent wise he's the top of the heap, but his off the field issues and the fact he can be a loose cannon has to be factored in.

Watt's deal was 6 years, $100MM with $51MM guaranteed. Hardy shouldn't get more than that.

Quinn's deal seems like a better comp............. 4 years, $57MM with $41MM guaranteed.

Jenky

Reaction score

It's Drew Rosenhaus.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Right now, on average salary, he's the 6th highest paid DE this season.

Watt leads at over $16MM per, with Mario Williams at $16MM and then Robert Quinn at $14MM.

Talent wise he's the top of the heap, but his off the field issues and the fact he can be a loose cannon has to be factored in.

Watt's deal was 6 years, $100MM with $51MM guaranteed. Hardy shouldn't get more than that.

Quinn's deal seems like a better comp............. 4 years, $57MM with $41MM guaranteed.

Bingo! I don't think the market is going to be that great for his services. And the firestorm surrounding his sidelines outburst might actually work to the Cowboys' favor.
Still, I think it's too early to be talking about extension. And I wouldn't worry about someone taking him from us. I think he wants to be here, and I think many other teams would be leery of signing him.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Lock him up for sure.. the sooner the better. If he does test the market he won't resign here I guarantee that.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Guys, this is good news. If Hardy was really pushing to get every last dollar he would go through Free Agency (like DeMarco did). The fact his side of the negotiations are saying this means he loves Dallas and is willing to take less money to stay.

And Jerry will do it, after waiting a few more games.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
I'd like to see what the defence can do for the rest of the year if Lee and Mclain can stay healthy before throwing him a huge contract. I think the market for superstar d-linemen is currently overinflated.

Sydla

Reaction score
It's going to be an outrageous number.

In the NFL you pay QB's, guys that protect QB's, and guys that get to QB's.

He's in for a big payday.

Except unlike most top QBs and LTs and DEs, Hardy has a troubled past and just had a sideline outburst which I doubt wil be the last.

He might be a great DE but the market for him would be much different than say for JJ Watt or Tyron Smith or whomever at the positions you mentioned.