Kris Richard has done nothing since he got here

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
It's a defense designed to play with a lead. The defense is barely in position to play with a lead. The results are self evident.

What percent of this teams resources do you think are going into defense versus offense? I think they're doing an admirable job given the situation.

Teams that have a defensive persona, actually invest in defense thoroughly. Our defensive line is a joke.
Probably 65% of our CAP space on offense. We don’t value defense enough!

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
He's all talk.

No interceptions.

No coverage sacks.

Secondary is average at best.

Richard needs to go at the end of this season along with Marinelli.

Defense overhaul is needed.
This is true but won’t sit well with his backers

Kaiser

Reaction score
Ahh yes, we were due for a thread longing for the 2017 secondary of Orlando Scandrick and Anthony Brown starting at CB with Byron Jones at safety.

Good times.... good times......

DuncanIso

Reaction score
He's all talk.

No interceptions.

No coverage sacks.

Disagree.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
He's all talk.

No interceptions.

No coverage sacks.

I don’t agree with this. He is the passing game coordinator and defensive backs coach. That part of the team has been playing good even with Heath and even with a banged up Heath. The problems on defense is that they can’t stop the run.

Ky31

Reaction score
He's all talk.

No interceptions.

No coverage sacks.

Likex500!!

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
He may be strapped by Marinelli's outdated scheme.

However, if he goes, I will not complain about it. Even though I prefer there entire defensive staff goes.

I know Lett may be a fan favorite, but he sure hasn't helped develop any DT's either.
Lett is a fan favorite? hahahahahahaha. The biggest bonehead to ever play for the Dallas Cowboys. Yeah, let's give him authority haha.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Any new coach is going to want to bring in his old staff. I don't think anyone on our staff would be safe with those conditions.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I'd let kris and rod both go. Defense starts with the d-line. Despite all the hype, it is not improved from last year. The lb's played well last year. Not nearly as well this year. Same for the d-backs. Time to clean out the barn on defensive coaching staff.
And Richard has nothing to do with the d-line.

dallas72

Reaction score
He's all talk.

No interceptions.

No coverage sacks.

Defense actually has gotten worse...Richard was great in Seattle he only had 3 HoF players lol in his secondary...I could coach that lol...hes hot garbage

Mr_437

Reaction score
Richard Sherman, Earl Thomas, Cam Chancellor, Brandon Browner.

Bryon Jones, Xavier Woods, Jeff Heath, Chidobe Awuzie.

Is Kris Richard adaptable, as a coach? I know he has a system, but can his system get the best out of, say, Jourdan Lewis?

The game is changing and DAL has a older DL/DC running his system from over decade ago. The offensive coaches speak on being multiple, and their at the top of the league..js

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
When teams bring coaches over from successful systems we fans love to give praise for a job well done...unless I have forgotten that Hawks defense was amazing to a man...was it coaching, or was it a product of the players themselves and caoches looking good? This is true in other sports as well...

cern

Reaction score
And Richard has nothing to do with the d-line.
Who said he did? That's why I said can them both. Rod because his d-line fails. Kris because the d-backs haven't improved. Simple stuff.