Kris Richard should be head coach

glimmerman

Reaction score
DC and assistant HC. Then we will see. Most of us just want a different HC and maybe don’t care who. Lol. But how many coaches would take the job knowing they won’t necessarily have the power needed to make the team the way they want.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, tell him to yell at Dak all year. LOL

Pro players don't really respond to that high-school coaching crap. Sure, the scrubs do, but that isn't going to work on Tyrone Crawford or Jaylon Smith.

It seems to have worked fine with better, more proven players in Seattle.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DC and assistant HC. Then we will see. Most of us just want a different HC and maybe don’t care who. Lol. But how many coaches would take the job knowing they won’t necessarily have the power needed to make the team the way they want.

Richard obviously wants a HC job. He interviewed for the role already.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
At this point we need change just for change. Garrett seems to be lethargic.
S7ATIfx.jpg

erod

Reaction score
It seems to have worked fine with better, more proven players in Seattle.

Who was Pederson yelling at last year? When has McCarthy ever yelled? Sean Payton? Andy Reid? Pete Carroll?

High school coaches yell. Professional coaches coach.

Yelling is fine. But millionaire athletes just roll their eyes for the most part.

Falco78

Reaction score
And Landry didn't care as much as Ditka when Ditka was an assistant in Dallas. Not being fiery doesn't equate to not caring. Hell, Belichick doesn't get stirred up on the sideline.

I know because I say this I will be accused of covering for Garrett by some, but the truth is I personally would have replaced Garrett if it had been my choice. I just prefer to use real arguments instead of fabricating them.
The bottom line is we have had some impressive rosters and nothing to show. That is all that is needed to replace him IMO

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s about being a leader of men. And you lead by genuinely wanting to win with everything you’ve got, and being sickened when you lose. Landry, and from what little I’ve seen, Richard, had that. Garrett does not IMO. He is a cheerleader, not a leader.

This is off topic and doesn't speak to my post or the post I was responding to. The comment was about caring, not about leadership.

That said, I believe most players say is Garrett is a leader and a motivator and a guy they feel good playing for. I believe that's not really the problem. I just don't think he has the best mind or instincts for coaching.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Landry could barely win a game for a long time before it turned around.

LOL but Landry was a strict disciplinarian and innovator in the game of football. He made changes to adapt to the times.

Garrett is neither. Garrett is stubborn. He doesn't care about quality control. Evidence is shown by last games debacle.

Garrett will not reach Landry status if he continues to be stubborn and be lax on quality. Two important ingredients has that made him special.

cern

Reaction score
Or at least have someone in mind to run his defense. I’m kind of surprised Michael Barrow isn’t here already.
Seems to me the three best new hc's in the NFL are all offense minded guys. Mcvay, shanahan, and Pedersen. I think Richard could be a good hc, but someone else would need to run the offense. Jmo

erod

Reaction score
LOL but Landry was a strict disciplinarian and innovator in the game of football. He made changes to adapt to the times.

Garrett is neither. Garrett is stubborn. He doesn't care about quality control. Evidence is shown by last games debacle.

Garrett will not reach Landry status if he continues to be stubborn and be lax on quality. Two important ingredients has that made him special.
Same thing is said in 30 NFL cities.

I'm not a big Garrett fan or hater, but I do know that every fan base hates their head coach except for a couple.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
is all that is needed to replace hium
The bottom line is we have had some impressive rosters and nothing to show. That is all that is needed to replace him IMO

Yes, that's the bottom line, but beside the point from what I was saying or the post I responded to was saying. As I mentioned, I would have replaced Garrett if it was my call.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Garrett has never had a problem getting players to play or practice hard.

If you want to argue his in game management, go ahead

Nexx

Reaction score
I
Well, tell him to yell at Dak all year. LOL

Pro players don't really respond to that high-school coaching crap. Sure, the scrubs do, but that isn't going to work on Tyrone Crawford or Jaylon Smith.

I beg to differ. If Richard truly has the respect that I think he does, than I think the leaders of this team make sure that his message gets through to not just themselves but to the rest their teammates.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Same thing is said in 30 NFL cities.

I'm not a big Garrett fan or hater, but I do know that every fan base hates their head coach except for a couple.

Yeah but those 30 NFL cities are not the Cowboys. We have a history of winning before. Now we have what 20 years of losing? That uncommon for the Cowboys.

Secondly, our coach could do so much better than what were given. He's been told that he is some kind of "redheaded genius" and knows the ins and out of football. I knows squat.

The other 30 teams at least are blessed with coaches that either have coaching experience or know a thing or two about football. Garrett after 8 or so years seems clueless.

Its very evident that coaching is of poor quality when we lose like we did last night. Yet Garrett seems like were still heading into the right direction. Its like the Titanic all over again.