Kris Richard should be head coach

RoboQB

Reaction score
I"m just saying, Landry never had to yell at a room full of players making 10 times as much money as him.

Very different time.

And almost no coaches manage games well. Just read other message boards. They all hate their coaches, too.

Mike Tomlin is a good example of a poor game manager. Most times it's like they pulled a fan out of the stands.

Basically, Belicheck is the only coach to even remotely strike fear into a player. Even he doesn't
compare to Coach Landry in that department. Definitely a different time, as you said.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
He was yelling at guys that are getting cut this week.
You’re so full of crap. There were starters in that huddle getting chewed out as well. And Belicheck, Tomlin and Payton do yell. Stop talking :facepalm:

erod

Reaction score
You’re so full of crap. There were starters in that huddle getting chewed out as well. And Belicheck, Tomlin and Payton do yell. Stop talking :facepalm:
Please make the starters that were playing in the 3rd quarter that gave up the touchdown run.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He well might end up head coach of the Dallas Cowboys before all is said and done.
Before becoming head coach of the Cowboys, Richard would have to:
A. Make Jerry feel comfortable that he could still interfere with coaches meetings
B. Promise to never lock Jerry out of a post game locker room, accidentally or on purpose.

Those are two non-negotiables for a Jerry Jones hired head coach. Winning? Oh yeah that would be ok with Jerry too at some point.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
let's start by making him DC this year and THEN moving him to HC next year...gives drunk ol' JJ time to spin that move
I don't think that necessary. Jerry doesn't want the HC of the Cowboys to call plays, they are usually the upper management, motivational type guy. Use your influence, but leave it up to the coordinators to do their thing. I think Richard as Head Coach would be an easy sell to the fan base. Wasn't he previously a DC anyway?

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
Please make the starters that were playing in the 3rd quarter that gave up the touchdown run.
That’s not what I said. I said starters were over there when he was talking. They were listening contrary to what you say

kevm3

Reaction score
I'd love to see him as HC also. Despite the defense being riddled with injuries and missing players as well, we didn't sit around saying, "Well, the defense looks like garbage because so and so is out!"

Big_D

Reaction score
He should and will likely be on the list of interviewees when the time comes! But it would be great to take that process seriously and not just jump on the next in house HC. But if Garrett stays he could be the next DC until he becomes the scapegoat. Which is the more likely scenario at this point.

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
I don’t think I’ve seen Garrett care about any game as much as Richard cared about last night’s preseason game. That is all.
Some guys are animated and talk when they're being watched, but lack substance. I've worked with those types.
He coaches the Seahawks defense last year that took a step back. Wait until he proves himself first.