Kris Richard should be head coach

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who was Pederson yelling at last year? When has McCarthy ever yelled? Sean Payton? Andy Reid? Pete Carroll?

High school coaches yell. Professional coaches coach.

Yelling is fine. But millionaire athletes just roll their eyes for the most part.

It has its time and it's place. And it looks to have served Richard and his Legion of Boom well in becoming the best in the game and football Champions.

Conversely, Jason Garrett's milquetoast approach hasn't produced squat in 8 years.

erod

Reaction score
Yeah but those 30 NFL cities are not the Cowboys. We have a history of winning before. Now we have what 20 years of losing? That uncommon for the Cowboys.

Secondly, our coach could do so much better than what were given. He's been told that he is some kind of "redheaded genius" and knows the ins and out of football. I knows squat.

The other 30 teams at least are blessed with coaches that either have coaching experience or know a thing or two about football. Garrett after 8 or so years seems clueless.

Its very evident that coaching is of poor quality when we lose like we did last night. Yet Garrett seems like were still heading into the right direction. Its like the Titanic all over again.

"Like we did last night."

You do know that it was just an organized scrimmage with the guys that they were just trying to survive without injury, right?

Last night meant absolutely nothing.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seems to me the three best new hc's in the NFL are all offense minded guys. Mcvay, shanahan, and Pedersen. I think Richard could be a good hc, but someone else would need to run the offense. Jmo

I agree. But I have faith Richard would better understand what he has and doesn't have in Dallas. And he wouldn't put up with abandoning Zeke and the running game.

erod

Reaction score
It has its time and it's place. And it looks to have served Richard and his Legion of Boom well in becoming the best in the game and football Champions.

Conversely, Jason Garrett's milquetoast approach hasn't produced squat in 8 years.

Drafting the right players did that. Yelling at them didn't do anything.

You can't yell at grown men and expect them to suddenly play hard. They just look through you.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Drafting the right players did that. Yelling at them didn't do anything.

You can't yell at grown men and expect them to suddenly play hard. They just look through you.

if he is good at drafting, then put him in the front office.
just dont let him have anything to do with offensive play calling, defensive play calling, timekeeping, offensive scheme, defensive scheme, game management

erod

Reaction score
if u r putting garrett in landrys level, i dont know what to say :lmao:

I'm not. Landry is an idol of mine.

I just get tired of the know-nothing ranting about Jason Garrett. Who are the great coaches in the NFL? Tell me. They're all interchangeable and they rotate from team to team in all types of positions.

There's Belichick, who benefited from Tom Brady, but who else?

I don't see a Bill Parcells and Jimmy Johnson types anymore. Millennials don't respond to that.

erod

Reaction score
if he is good at drafting, then put him in the front office.
just dont let him have anything to do with offensive play calling, defensive play calling, timekeeping, offensive scheme, defensive scheme, game management

I"m just saying, Landry never had to yell at a room full of players making 10 times as much money as him.

Very different time.

And almost no coaches manage games well. Just read other message boards. They all hate their coaches, too.

Aven8

Reaction score
I would be totally onboard with it. All the defensive players I've heard interviewed love his fire and emotion. Only problem with an internal candidate is Jerry would want him to keep a lot of the coaches under contract on the staff. I would want him to bring in all new coaches, at least offensively.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
1960 - 0 wins
1966 - nfl championship game

And remember, expansion teams in those days just got everyone's cast-offs, players that the other teams didn't want.

So they started with a big disadvantage, which could not be easily overcome in the pre-freeagent era.

waldoputty

Reaction score
I'm not. Landry is an idol of mine.

I just get tired of the know-nothing ranting about Jason Garrett. Who are the great coaches in the NFL? Tell me. They're all interchangeable and they rotate from team to team in all types of positions.

There's Belichick, who benefited from Tom Brady, but who else?

I don't see a Bill Parcells and Jimmy Johnson types anymore. Millennials don't respond to that.

offensive schemes were so bad he was removed from the offense.
marinelli and richard handle the defense
horrible timekeeping
what does garrett do.
talent acquisition should be done by the front office.

would love to have the rams coach, for example

waldoputty

Reaction score
I"m just saying, Landry never had to yell at a room full of players making 10 times as much money as him.

Very different time.

And almost no coaches manage games well. Just read other message boards. They all hate their coaches, too.

please google what the rams coach does for game management

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Who was Pederson yelling at last year? When has McCarthy ever yelled? Sean Payton? Andy Reid? Pete Carroll?

High school coaches yell. Professional coaches coach.

Yelling is fine. But millionaire athletes just roll their eyes for the most part.
So why aren't these professional coaches coaching up Rico and using his talent?

**crickets**

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Very different time.

Seriously, you have no idea how Coach Landry coached in private away from the cameras.

erod

Reaction score
So why aren't these professional coaches coaching up Rico and using his talent?

**crickets**
Because he's not around to be coached. He's absent in the offseason.

Training camp isn't enough time to learn football for the first time.

erod

Reaction score
They "do" what they're told. Or they end up like Rolando McClain.

And let's just see if they "tune out" Kris Richard like you seem to think. I'm betting the opposite.
He was yelling at guys that are getting cut this week.