Kurt Warner Breaks Down Dak vs Packers

USArmyVet

Reaction score
:hammer::hammer:

Even Michael Irvin once again said the same.

Look at those dummies Dan Orlovsky and Ryan Clark getting it completely wrong! They don't even know what they're talking about.

Shannon Sharpe is saying the exact same thing as Michael Irvin, Greg Olson, Keyshawn Johnson, Chad Johnson, etc...

But the Dak trolls side with the 2-3 ex-players (who never played WR) over actual HOF Receivers? SMDH. Unbelievable.

So how is it you like a post that discounts Warner's take because "McCarthy knows the system, Warner doesn't. Warner is great and all but he just doesn't know the rules of their offense." yet you then point to ex-players not on Dallas as supportive proof to deflect blame from Dak?

That makes ZERO sense.

Last edited:

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Yes, poor Moore is trying to run an offense with a QB who just last year passed for 4,500 yards, a franchise record 37 TDs, only 10 INTs and a 104.2 passer rating.

So it's Moore's fault for calling bad plays, it's Lamb's fault for running a bad route, but Dak is free from blame and you celebrate his stats in spite of saying "Dak is not the one calling in the plays. That is Kellen Moore." so does that mean you will herald Moore as a great OC since you want to point out Dak's stats as a result of Moore's play calling?

catiii

Reaction score
Another great breakdown from Kurt. His insights are incredible to me, I really appreciate being able to watch a veteran like him to these breakdowns.

A couple of takeaways from me (I'm not an expert but just my 2 cents) are Dak doesn't seem to trust anyone but Lamb and Schultz. Seems like his first read on every play is to Lamb's side of the field then he goes from there. He also just prefers throwing between the hashes and bails or flat-out ignoring the outside receivers too often to me.

In some of these plays, there are 3 vs 3 on one side and 2 vs 3 on the other and his initial read is to the side with the 2 vs 3.

The final 4th downplay design was a joke, 2 receivers running the same route on top of each other and not much else for Dak to go to. Seems to be a pattern at times with Kellen Moore.

Dak sucks

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Another great breakdown from Kurt. His insights are incredible to me, I really appreciate being able to watch a veteran like him to these breakdowns.

A couple of takeaways from me (I'm not an expert but just my 2 cents) are Dak doesn't seem to trust anyone but Lamb and Schultz. Seems like his first read on every play is to Lamb's side of the field then he goes from there. He also just prefers throwing between the hashes and bails or flat-out ignoring the outside receivers too often to me.

In some of these plays, there are 3 vs 3 on one side and 2 vs 3 on the other and his initial read is to the side with the 2 vs 3.

The final 4th downplay design was a joke, 2 receivers running the same route on top of each other and not much else for Dak to go to. Seems to be a pattern at times with Kellen Moore.

Poor Kurt Warner gotta spend an hour breaking down this trash QB. TRASH!

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing @Doomsday I love Warner's breakdowns. I believe he's fair and honest in his assessments. He's as good as it gets at QB film study. I would add that it would be great to see Tony do these types of videos as well.

My amateur eye thoughts-

Martin has quietly turned into one of the best of all time. We are so lucky to have him.

Pass blocking overall was very good.

It's concerning to have a QB in year 7 still being so hesitant.

Making the wrong reads is hurting us. It's easy to say from my couch, but I'm not paid that kinda money to do it, he is. Can he get better after all these years? Not a "hater" question, I am concerned that he can make those changes.

Moore is doing Dak no favors. All these long forming routes gives Dak too much time to think and get happy feet. He would be much better served with routes that do not take that long, giving Dak a lot less to process and just play the game.

To make the long forming plays even worse, it seems that Dak stares down his receiver and that's never a good thing.

Dak would be much better with 3 TE sets being our majority of plays. Call it dink and dunk, but I feel it puts Dak in a better position to succeed, which is ultimately what we all want. Don't care about his paycheck and only throwing 5 yard passes, I just wanna win.

I do not believe we need another WR, and I thought that before this breakdown. This offense shouldn't be built on a steady stream of 20 yard passes. We have the personnel to run a more conservative offense that could plod their way down the field.

Just my opinions. I want them to put Dak in a position to be successful. He's just a small part of what's wrong with this team. But if we can start cleaning up a few small parts, the sum will become much greater. I just want to see wins.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Bottom line: Kurt Warner points out numerous instances where Dak simply does not read the field well....and on the 2 INT's, that many want to blame Lamb and Schultz, Warner correctly points out that Dak should have been able to read the play so as NOT to make those throws....but again, Dak stares down his 1st read and can't go through his reads or read the field.
Dak has his unsavory moments in games but yet he has proven to be one of the top passers in the league with the exception of this season, partly due to injury. Let's hope he plays better against the Vikings although he didn't lose the Packers game all by himself. This defense has to adequately stop the run.

J-man

Reaction score
I watch these and I realize that it's both Moore and Dak that are the issue. Moore isn't understanding concepts to get guys open and Dak isn't reading well enough pre-snap.

Haimerej

Reaction score
McCarthy said it was a Safety in the middle which means cross the face.

McCarthy knows the system, Warner doesn't. Warner is great and all but he just doesn't know the rules of their offense.

I don't doubt that. Again, Kurt just has a different perspective and said that alignment and assignment would cause him to go elsewhere. Seems reasonable.

Haimerej

Reaction score
CeeDee should have noticed that triangle coverage (2 LBs and a mid Safety) in between the hashes. CeeDee made the same mistake during this 2nd interception as he committed during the 1st interception. It is his responsibility to notice the coverage at the line of scrimmage, notice the LB to his side is mirroring him 7+ yards while the mid-Safety hovers in between the deep Center and middle Center of the field. What CeeDee should have done is instead of running a deep drag or post route (8+ yards before having to cut across), he should have cut inside the LB to his side of the hashes and ran a slant (cut inside the LB after 5-6 yards) and easily run a slant into the open area between the LBs and definitely way in front of the hovering mid-Safety. That would have dissected that triangle coverage and best able to give Dak & CeeDee an easy catch and run right by the mid-Safety all the way for a TD. That's the best and easiest way to destroy such a sneaky coverage.

Dak, CeeDee and Kellen Moore need to figure that out and work on it.

Or... Dak could've just decided that safety had good position and checked it down to live another day.

buddahjoe445

Reaction score
Hey, Corky, Dak is not the one calling in the plays. That is Kellen Moore. If Dak audibles out of the deep routes called play...and fails to convert a first down, you haters will be going ape**** and demanding he quit or get fired.
You must have ridden the short bus. Dak has ability to change plays at the line. He does it all the time, usually into the wrong play but the point is he does it. Everything you say just confirms your limit brain capacity, just like Dak. Maybe thats the reason you support him so much. Its like dumb and dumber, or should I call you Harry and Lloyd?

Aftershock

Reaction score
Dak has his unsavory moments in games but yet he has proven to be one of the top passers in the league with the exception of this season, partly due to injury. Let's hope he plays better against the Vikings although he didn't lose the Packers game all by himself. This defense has to adequately stop the run.
You’re only as good as your last few games

Nav22

Reaction score
You must have ridden the short bus. Dak has ability to change plays at the line. He does it all the time, usually into the wrong play but the point is he does it. Everything you say just confirms your limit brain capacity, just like Dak. Maybe thats the reason you support him so much. Its like dumb and dumber, or should I call you Harry and Lloyd?
56-34 as a starting QB.

COPE.

"Confirms your limit brain capacity"

What's "limit brain capacity"?

Oh, you meant limitED. How ironic.
:lmao2:

Creeper

Reaction score
Already a lot of comments but Dak is successful when he sees all his receivers and makes quick decisions. Sitting in the pocket on that 4th and 3 call waiting for a receiver was crazy.

Also, notice how the Packers rushed Dak and stayed in their rushing lanes leaving him no big gaps to run for the 1st down? That's discipline. It is playing team defense. It is trusting teammates to do their jobs. This is what the Cowboys lack.

Nav22

Reaction score
you tell me. how many playoff games has Dak won? how has done when he isn't surrounded by very good skilled players? you should get back on the short bus with your pal
NFL coaches, players, scouts and execs ranked all starting QBs entering this season via polls.

They all ranked Dak in the top 10.

Why is that? Do YOU know better than they all do?

Awww, I know you feel incredibly silly right now. That's okay. You don't have to admit it, little boy.
:thumbup: