Kurt Warner Breaks Down Dak vs Packers

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
bruh-bro.gif
maybe he can get his freeloader brother a job bagging groceries.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Another great breakdown from Kurt. His insights are incredible to me, I really appreciate being able to watch a veteran like him to these breakdowns.

A couple of takeaways from me (I'm not an expert but just my 2 cents) are Dak doesn't seem to trust anyone but Lamb and Schultz. Seems like his first read on every play is to Lamb's side of the field then he goes from there. He also just prefers throwing between the hashes and bails or flat-out ignoring the outside receivers too often to me.

In some of these plays, there are 3 vs 3 on one side and 2 vs 3 on the other and his initial read is to the side with the 2 vs 3.

The final 4th downplay design was a joke, 2 receivers running the same route on top of each other and not much else for Dak to go to. Seems to be a pattern at times with Kellen Moore.

Noah Brown was just out a week with injury and Michael Gallup isn't 100%.
Tolbert is a rookie that can't even line up.
So yea I am near certain Dak only trusts CeeDee and Schultz right now.

You have to have a cohesive team gameplan and that means relying on defense and running game right now then picking your shots to CeeDee and Schultz.
Maybe a deep shot to 9 once a game and a couple wheels or screens to TP.

Dallas defense didn't hold up versus the Pack and the running game was down 20 carries with Zeke out so they didn't want to ride that much harder.

Pretty easy to argue for a quality vet WR signing (OBJ) and to be hopeful Zeke is back for at least part-time work this week.

But even with limitations they still managed 28 points.
Its the NFL if you go into a game with limitations then also make a couple mistakes, Deuces to you.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
I like Kurt Warner,
very partial, and doesn't get into what others say. I'm not sure why his opinion bothers some people
It's interesting you say this, because I specifically remember you and PAPPY constantly dismissing Kurt's analysis when he points out that Dak does well in games. Saying you only rely on your football eye and no one else's, no matter their creditentals.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
It's interesting you say this, because I specifically remember you and PAPPY constantly dismissing Kurt's analysis when he points out that Dak does well in games. Saying you only rely on your football eye and no one else's, no matter their creditentals.
my old buddy arrived at the party. I support the crap out of dak and jason garrett. they are one and the same. No differences.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Another great breakdown from Kurt. His insights are incredible to me, I really appreciate being able to watch a veteran like him to these breakdowns.

A couple of takeaways from me (I'm not an expert but just my 2 cents) are Dak doesn't seem to trust anyone but Lamb and Schultz. Seems like his first read on every play is to Lamb's side of the field then he goes from there. He also just prefers throwing between the hashes and bails or flat-out ignoring the outside receivers too often to me.

In some of these plays, there are 3 vs 3 on one side and 2 vs 3 on the other and his initial read is to the side with the 2 vs 3.

The final 4th downplay design was a joke, 2 receivers running the same route on top of each other and not much else for Dak to go to. Seems to be a pattern at times with Kellen Moore.

i wish we had Kurt Warner as Daks QB coach and to help Kellen Moore....Warner did not even need to know specifics of each play to know exactly what everyone needed to do....and he also saw flaws in scheming

Dak does not see the field well....and he has been like that ....yes there are times he is throwing a "storm"......but not in tight play and crunch time ( rarely )

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Bottom line: Kurt Warner points out numerous instances where Dak simply does not read the field well....and on the 2 INT's, that many want to blame Lamb and Schultz, Warner correctly points out that Dak should have been able to read the play so as NOT to make those throws....but again, Dak stares down his 1st read and can't go through his reads or read the field.

USArmyVet-----BINGO

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Dak does not trust his eyes seeing the fast moving players on field....you have windows that open and close fast and you have to be prepared prior to hiking ball and Dak is not much of time....sometimes he is and

Dak has made fantastic throws but not so much last game.....his problem is he had to change so much from his poor throwing motion and footwork when he came to NFL it takes all of his brain for decent footwork

and throwing motion and when you add in seeing the field and windows opening and closing fast its often too much for Dak.....that is my humble opinion....but i love the ol Dak who was not afraid to run

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Thee ol Jedi mind trick where you disappear back under the bridge while not answering anything... cool.
I'm flattered by your stalking skills and the way you hang on my every word. Very impressive, I hate to burst your bubble but I'm just a regular guy who posts his opinions, but if you want to continue to follow me that's cool. Maybe I'll start a Paypal account where you can donate to me for my opinions.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
I'm flattered by your stalking skills and the way you hang on my every word. Very impressive, I hate to burst your bubble but I'm just a regular guy who posts his opinions, but if you want to continue to follow me that's cool. Maybe I'll start a Paypal account where you can donate to me for my opinions.
I held you accountable about something you said (which btw you still haven't explained yet). Nothing more, nothing less.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
Well it rang much truth and to answer, no Dak can't personal accountability as his ego will not allow for it.
Really? Because here are two quotes I cherry picked of the many where Dak taking responsibility of a loss or bad play... I guess his ego does allow personal responsibility.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
It's funny how many are praising Kurt Warner, yet after his first 3 seasons (after his rookie year), he completely fell off the map. He got figured out by opposing Defenses, one would think he would only get better with time and more experience but did the opposite, and he even got benched and replaced 4 times in favor of other QBs like Marc Bulger, Eli Manning and Matt Leinert. Proves that it's way harder seeing everything live on the field than it does up in a booth or off a TV screen. The same goes for other ex-QBs turned color analysts or who breakdown film afterwards. Totally different story when asked to analyze a Defense while playing live on a football field.

Brooksey

Reaction score
It's funny how many are praising Kurt Warner, yet after his first 3 seasons (after his rookie year), he completely fell off the map. He got figured out by opposing Defenses, one would think he would only get better with time and more experience but did the opposite, and he even got benched and replaced 4 times in favor of other QBs like Marc Bulger, Eli Manning and Matt Leinert. Proves that it's way harder seeing everything live on the field than it does up in a booth or off a TV screen. The same goes for other ex-QBs turned color analysts or who breakdown film afterwards. Totally different story when asked to analyze a Defense while playing live on a football field.

Kurt Warner was a great one

cowboyed

Reaction score
My theory is that when Kurt Warner was a grocery bagger a visiting Jerry Jones didn't tip him when he loaded his eats into the car.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Kurt Warner was a great one
Kurt Warner was very good, not great.

He only completed 3 full 16 game seasons out of 12 years. Reached 2 SBs, won 1. Voted 1st team All Pro twice, voted to 4 Pro Bowls. Finished with a 93.7 passer rating average. Got benched and replaced 4 different times.