Kurt Warner Breaks Down Dak vs Packers

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Like I said…..audible.Although he usually audibles into plays exactly what the D wants because he’s so easily fooled.
When Dak audibles, you haters get upset yelling Dak should just run the initial play called. Y'all do this all the time. It's always Dak's fault even though year after year we can see terribly designed routes by Kellen Moore and Jason Garrett before him. Yet, we watch the Packers, Chiefs, Buccaneers and others have much better designed routes for different situations that get their receivers open quickly in order to help their QBs convert those 3rd or 4th plays for 1st downs.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I believe the guy that is unbiased unlike Irvin who is a cheerleader and always has been.

Warner is probably one of the smartest QB's and football guys and diagnoses plays in an unbiased manner wherein he calls out bad plays/players as he sees them.
Irvin and so many others are saying the complete opposite of what Kurt Warner is saying. Michael Irvin is saying what worked for him and Troy Aikman towards winning 3 Super Bowls, compared to only 1 for Kurt Warner and his way of thinking.

Are you saying you are siding with the lesser SB winning player over our very own 3 time SB winning players? Is this what you're saying? Please, just say Yes or No. Yes...or...No?

USArmyVet

Reaction score
When Dak audibles, you haters get upset yelling Dak should just run the initial play called. Y'all do this all the time. It's always Dak's fault even though year after year we can see terribly designed routes by Kellen Moore and Jason Garrett before him. Yet, we watch the Packers, Chiefs, Buccaneers and others have much better designed routes for different situations that get their receivers open quickly in order to help their QBs convert those 3rd or 4th plays for 1st downs.

While there are certainly questions about OC Moore, there are an equal amount of questions about Dak.

The fact is the likes of Mahomes, Brady, Allen,and others can better read a defense which, along with quality OC's, make them better QB's.

pitt33

Reaction score
[QUOT
So tell us how Dak was supposed to execute better on that terribly called 4th down play where we only needed 3 yards for a 1st down.
Run for the first down.

Do something outside the box. The best quarterbacks improvise when the situation warrants it.

Seeing as he has a propensity to change said called play all the time he could have changed it again. But he isn’t cerebral enough.

Do everything in your power to get that damn first down.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
[QUOT

Run for the first down.

Do something outside the box. The best quarterbacks improvise when the situation warrants it.

Seeing as he has a propensity to change said called play all the time he could have changed it again. But he isn’t cerebral enough.

Do everything in your power to get that damn first down.
How could Dak run for a first down when the pocket collapsed around him within 2 seconds of getting the snap? Go rewatch the play. You're just venting because you hate the player, even though you are wrong in your assessment of the play.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Irvin and so many others are saying the complete opposite of what Kurt Warner is saying. Michael Irvin is saying what worked for him and Troy Aikman towards winning 3 Super Bowls, compared to only 1 for Kurt Warner and his way of thinking.

Are you saying you are siding with the lesser SB winning player over our very own 3 time SB winning players? Is this what you're saying? Please, just say Yes or No. Yes...or...No?

Warner won a Super Bowl his 1st season in the league and the Aikman/Irvin era was heavily influenced by Emmitt Smith and the Dallas defense.

As for your question, YES....I am siding with Warner as he never played for Dallas and while he called out piss poor plays by Dak he also called out good plays....that is an unbiased opinion.

The amount of SB's does not influence my decision but what does is looking if there are any biases towards a commentators analysis....and Irvin is very biased.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
It is disappointing to me that NFLN doesn't put on content like this.

The average fan just around here has confidently whined and whined about a catch rule they haven't understood for nearly 10 years. You think something like this is going to be popular among them?

pitt33

Reaction score
How could Dak run for a first down when the pocket collapsed around him within 2 seconds of getting the snap? Go rewatch the play. You're just venting because you hate the player, even though you are wrong in your assessment of the play.
Your right. I saw the play. Smith did get beat quickly. As did McGovern.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
For real..........have a hard time believing he doesn't have a high percentage play to get 3-4 yards
It's things like this that really discourage me about Kellen Moore. The guy just does not have what it takes when you need him most.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score

It is not fair to take a few plays and say the scheme is bad. Not sure how many plays Warner broke down but on almost every single one of them multiple receivers were open. Dak won't even look at Tolbert and hardly ever looks for Gallup. Pollard was wide open a number of times in the flat as well.

The final 4th downplay looks like a mess, but it is also possible one of the 2 WRs on top of each other ran the wrong route as well.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Another great breakdown from Kurt. His insights are incredible to me, I really appreciate being able to watch a veteran like him to these breakdowns.

A couple of takeaways from me (I'm not an expert but just my 2 cents) are Dak doesn't seem to trust anyone but Lamb and Schultz. Seems like his first read on every play is to Lamb's side of the field then he goes from there. He also just prefers throwing between the hashes and bails or flat-out ignoring the outside receivers too often to me.

In some of these plays, there are 3 vs 3 on one side and 2 vs 3 on the other and his initial read is to the side with the 2 vs 3.

The final 4th downplay design was a joke, 2 receivers running the same route on top of each other and not much else for Dak to go to. Seems to be a pattern at times with Kellen Moore.

So if you are too lazy to watch the video...Kurt can't believe how many passes Dak missed...that were wide open.

I'm not surprised one bit. :popcorn:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Warner won a Super Bowl his 1st season in the league and the Aikman/Irvin era was heavily influenced by Emmitt Smith and the Dallas defense.

As for your question, YES....I am siding with Warner as he never played for Dallas and while he called out piss poor plays by Dak he also called out good plays....that is an unbiased opinion.

The amount of SB's does not influence my decision but what does is looking if there are any biases towards a commentators analysis....and Irvin is very biased.
Absolutely foolish to side with a lesser achieving player over more successful players AND coaches who all are saying the complete opposite of what Kurt Warner is saying. Explains a lot. You hate Dak, yet you don't understand the fundamentals of football.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
It is not fair to take a few plays and say the scheme is bad. Not sure how many plays Warner broke down but on almost every single one of them multiple receivers were open. Dak won't even look at Tolbert and hardly ever looks for Gallup. Pollard was wide open a number of times in the flat as well.

The final 4th downplay looks like a mess, but it is also possible one of the 2 WRs on top of each other ran the wrong route as well.
Are you even looking to see what's going on behind the pocket while any receivers might be getting open late? I'm sure there is a good reason why Dak doesn't supposedly see a receiver getting open late. Probably under severe pressure or had already followed his progression to another receiver because the initial receiver did not get open early.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Your right. I saw the play. Smith did get beat quickly. As did McGovern.
Thank you for rewatching the play and realizing why Dak was unable to run for a first down or be able to find any open receiver. His Oline didn't give him any time. Also, Kellen Moore has a bad habit of having our receivers run deep, even though it's 4th down and we only need 3 yards to convert into a 1st down and keep the game alive. Kellen Moore is horrible at designing short quick plays needed for 1st down conversions during key situational times of the game. The Packers O-Coordinator is way much better at calling those types of better route-running plays to better help their QB. That is the difference folks.