Kurt Warner Breaks Down Dak vs Packers

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Absolutely foolish to side with a lesser achieving player over more successful players AND coaches who all are saying the complete opposite of what Kurt Warner is saying. Explains a lot. You hate Dak, yet you don't understand the fundamentals of football.

I see, so anyone that disagrees with your position is a fool and knows nothing. What a sad approach to debate but no worries.

GMO415

Reaction score
Uh, life's too short to waste an hour watching my team lose again. Watching a critic of a QB I have zero control over. No thanks. Just provide the Cliff Notes.

Booger

Reaction score
The fact that we're 4-1 with Cooper Rush should tell anyone that Moore can call good games. He just has to have a QB willing to stick to the play calls.
Wait. What? Now Dak doesn't stick to the play calls? Prove it.
Moore "can" call good games? He just decides to NOT call good games when Dak is QB? Prove it.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I believe the guy that is unbiased unlike Irvin who is a cheerleader and always has been.

Warner is probably one of the smartest QB's and football guys and diagnoses plays in an unbiased manner wherein he calls out bad plays/players as he sees them.
when I don't like what a player says.... he is biased and a cheer leader.
when I like what he says, quote him to death.

right? pick and choose.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Wait. What? Now Dak doesn't stick to the play calls? Prove it.
Moore "can" call good games? He just decides to NOT call good games when Dak is QB? Prove it.
There are several tweets with quotes from Kellen Moore on the subject. I know one came out from David Helman last year, another from this year after the opener. Basically laid out how many run calls KM made and how many Dak checked out of.

It's 100% accurate information, but we also dont know why Dak checked out of those plays. Did he go rogue and wants to throw more? Was he instructed by KM if he sees certain looks to check out? We are missing some pieces to the puzzle. What we do know is the number of run plays was up with Rush at QB.

Booger

Reaction score
There are several tweets with quotes from Kellen Moore on the subject. I know one came out from David Helman last year, another from this year after the opener. Basically laid out how many run calls KM made and how many Dak checked out of.

It's 100% accurate information, but we also dont know why Dak checked out of those plays. Did he go rogue and wants to throw more? Was he instructed by KM if he sees certain looks to check out? We are missing some pieces to the puzzle. What we do know is the number of run plays was up with Rush at QB.
Correct, IMO. Way too many unknowns to hang a hat on. I would think Rush would be run heavy.

Appreciate your post.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
While there are certainly questions about OC Moore, there are an equal amount of questions about Dak.

The fact is the likes of Mahomes, Brady, Allen,and others can better read a defense which, along with quality OC's, make them better QB's.

Moore is a below average OC and Dak is an average QB at best. Neither one can elevate the other. When you have a combination of below average and average, we are not going anywhere against playoff caliber teams. We can thank Jerry for Moore and for paying Dak.

GoldenR

Reaction score
Kurt" I just don't get..What's he looking...maybe a throw away....we got a guy open over....well maybe ...they had to be tipped...that's all I thought...had to be tipped...throw needs to be out now before 8 step drop.... I'm not sure what....what just happened".......

GoldenR

Reaction score
Bottom line: Kurt Warner points out numerous instances where Dak simply does not read the field well....and on the 2 INT's, that many want to blame Lamb and Schultz, Warner correctly points out that Dak should have been able to read the play so as NOT to make those throws....but again, Dak stares down his 1st read and can't go through his reads or read the field.
He has no idea.

khiladi

Reaction score
3:33 is a CLEAR example of Dak being a stare down QB and though Kurt says he’s not sure, that ball was not tipped. Dak was staring at Schultz and he was supposed to deliver the ball before he breaks, but he does his typical hesitation arm vibration and he throws a complete dud.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You always pull this out of your back pocket, it is staled dude and it's ONLY one game. Need fresh material.........lol
"It's only 1 game" is foolish thinking.

The correct thing to say would've been "it's the only game Moore was willing to tell the media about, but if Dak is changing almost half the run plays into pass plays then it's probably happening much more than we would like".

khiladi

Reaction score
Bottom line: Kurt Warner points out numerous instances where Dak simply does not read the field well....and on the 2 INT's, that many want to blame Lamb and Schultz, Warner correctly points out that Dak should have been able to read the play so as NOT to make those throws....but again, Dak stares down his 1st read and can't go through his reads or read the field.

So does that mean not every HOF authority says it was Lamb and Schultz’s fault? Because I thought that was what the story was?

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak does not throw lay ups to the RB like Staubach and Aikman. He just does not check the ball down early enough for the lay up passes. He has been badly taught to focus on Lamb and it is pathetic as he can not throw WRs open.

No, Dak stares down his WRs and it has always been his problem. He’s an early read QB that Moore needs to scheme early for. This is who Dak is and has always been.