Kurt Warner Breaks Down Dak vs Packers

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
"It's only 1 game" is foolish thinking.

The correct thing to say would've been "it's the only game Moore was willing to tell the media about, but if Dak is changing almost half the run plays into pass plays then it's probably happening much more than we would like".

LOL .....one man's opinion, nothing more.

khiladi

Reaction score
Kurt also says the same thing about the INT with Lamb. Dak should have seen the safety positioning from the get go. Kurt says it’s easy pickings with the expectation Dak would be able to have Lamb beat the safety over the middle while having to go over the LBz

but again, Dak just states down is WR and launches it, even though he had the go route on the left side.

So basically Warner agrees with the ‘haters’, not Michael Irvin.

khiladi

Reaction score
Let’s be real. It’s not that complicated to dissect a play when you have the all-22 and access to the play on rewind and then come to the same conclusions as a former NFL player like Kurt Warner and know that Irvin saying things in the heat of the moment from LIVE TV is wrong.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Irvin and Olsen said what they said watching the game live. Kurt said what he said after the game while watching and dissecting the all-22.

People can say whatever they want but it doesn't matter how flat Lamb runs his route on that 2nd pick the DB has the angle and is going to be in a position to make a play on that ball.

It is risky at best to make that throw and there were better options available to him if he read the defense correctly and went to the high-low combo to his left.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
BTW, Kurt Warner says the same exact thing I did at 34 minutes on the INT in the red zone. The Lb had inside leverage and took the route away from Schultz. Dak at that point had zero business throwing it.
For as much as you post and criticize, you certainly know very little about proper route running. Schultz was supposed to run his route hard up 7-8 yards and cut fast across towards the area just past the post (that was an open area in the back of the enzdone between the Safety and CB) in order to carry the Safety with him. Schultz did not do that. He allowed himself to be 1-arm shoved out of his route by the LB sitting at the numbers underneath. Plus, CeeDee should have automatically recognized that same sitting LB at the numbers hovering 5-7 yards deep and instead cut in front of him into the open area between both sitting numbers LBs, thus enable CeeDee to catch the ball in the open area in the middle and have a potentially open path towards the goal line had Schultz done his job.

Haimerej

Reaction score
For as much as you post and criticize, you certainly know very little about proper route running. Schultz was supposed to run his route hard up 7-8 yards and cut fast across towards the area just past the post (that was an open area in the back of the enzdone between the Safety and CB) in order to carry the Safety with him. Schultz did not do that. He allowed himself to be 1-arm shoved out of his route by the LB sitting at the numbers underneath. Plus, CeeDee should have automatically recognized that same sitting LB at the numbers hovering 5-7 yards deep and instead cut in front of him into the open area between both sitting numbers LBs, thus enable CeeDee to catch the ball in the open area in the middle and have a potentially open path towards the goal line had Schultz done his job.

You're a lineman. How many routes did you run?

You haven't watched Kurt's video have you?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Let’s be real. It’s not that complicated to dissect a play when you have the all-22 and access to the play on rewind and then come to the same conclusions as a former NFL player like Kurt Warner and know that Irvin saying things in the heat of the moment from LIVE TV is wrong.
Totally wrong. I have the All-22, and I see exactly what Irvin, Olson, Keyshawn and others are saying and why. Kurt Warner is wrong. Michael Irvin made a name for himself running the opposite of what Warner said, and Irvin succeeded in making catches in the middle while getting hit.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You're a lineman. How many routes did you run?

You haven't watched Kurt's video have you?
I went to 3 high schools. I made All State TWICE while playing for 2 different teams. All State Center at 1 and All State slot back and outside LB at another. And, yes, I've seen Kurt's video. I also have the paid for All-22. I see it exactly how Irvin, Olson, Keyshawn, Coach Jimmy Johnson, Coach Mike McCarthy, Nate Newton, Everson Walls, Moose Johnston and others see it.

Haimerej

Reaction score
I went to 3 high schools. I made All State TWICE while playing for 2 different teams. All State Center and All State slot back and outside LB. And, yes, I've seen Kurt's video. I also have the paid for All-22. I see it exactly how Irvin, Olson, Keyshawn, Coach Jimmy Johnson, Coach Mike McCarthy, Nate Newton, Everson Walls, Moose Johnston and others see it.

So what did Kurt say wrong?

Also- how many routes did you run?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
So what did Kurt say wrong?

Also- how many routes did you run?
What did you ever do? Did you play? If so, did you start? If so, what position(s) did you play? If so, did you star at any position? ????????

I have yet to hear your accomplishments or gamefield experience in the game of football.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
The fact that we're 4-1 with Cooper Rush should tell anyone that Moore can call good games. He just has to have a QB willing to stick to the play calls.
Moore couldn't call plays the same for those 2 QBs. Rush is not as good as Dak and required somewhat of a different type of play calling. Not only that, our defense was playing better at that time than they are now.
Any comparison is like apples to oranges.

Haimerej

Reaction score
What did you ever do? Did you play? If so, did you start? If so, what position(s) did you play? If so, did you star at any position? ????????

I have yet to hear your accomplishments or gamefield experience in the game of football.

High school- OT, OG, NT/DE, & LB. Played RB and CB/SS in Jr High. Jr high coach called me, "scrap iron," because, "when you walk through a junkyard you always get cut by a piece of scrap iron." I thought it was corny. But I liked hitting and I'm only 5'7" so I got to do it a lot. Got a lot of respect from my opponents at postgame handshakes.

High school defensive coach had a SB ring. Played for the Colts against our Boys and brought Lilly his helmet after he chucked it. I was a, "Rudy," guy the coach used to shame the bigger guys, but I also started. I know what you're saying- OT/OG? Starting? Our OC was an idiot who had us play a strong side o line and weak side o line. The weak side literally pulled every running play. It was stupid and predictable and we weren't very good. But I got a lot of running starts on LBs, so that was fun.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
High school- OT, OG, NT/DE, & LB. Played RB and CB/SS in Jr High. Jr high coach called me, "scrap iron," because, "when you walk through a junkyard you always get cut by a piece of scrap iron." I thought it was corny. But I liked hitting and I'm only 5'7" so I got to do it a lot. Got a lot of respect from my opponents at postgame handshakes.

High school defensive coach had a SB ring. Played for the Colts against our Boys and brought Lilly his helmet after he chucked it. I was a, "Rudy," guy the coach used to shame the bigger guys, but I also started. I know what you're saying- OT/OG? Starting? Our OC was an idiot who had us play a strong side o line and weak side o line. The weak side literally pulled every running play. It was stupid and predictable and we weren't very good. But I got a lot of running starts on LBs, so that was fun.
Wow, awesome! I like it. You understand Oline and LB play. Look forward to more of your opinions brother. G-night.