Twitter: Kurt Warner: Details determine everything on Dak interception

superonyx

Reaction score
Maybe its just me but on that first play, the ball shouldbe went to tolbert. Warner clearly turns his hips towards Turpin.

I mean he is open and Dak hesitated (suprise)
I think you may have missed the point.

The play is poorly designed to set the QB up to fail by designing routes that all break at the same time.

But this won't be well received here. The Dak mob already has the fire warmed up.

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score
I think you may have missed the point.

The play is poorly designed to set the QB up to fail by designing routes that all break at the same time.

But this won't be well received here. The Dak mob already has the fire warmed up.
yeah dak is definitely on a downturn but i agree the routes are just the same as they were with km, terrible

Praxit

Reaction score
Follow the details, play design set up one interception for Dak. It was not his fault in the delivery and make his cut off times.
...according to Warner. Dallas receivers should break at different times.

That pulls Lb's in different directions. That makes sense.

I dont know if KM did that. But with MM, its not working. This should be fundamental logic.

John813

Reaction score
Maybe those two are the main options on the play and CDL is playing a dummy route on the left, but just seems odd to have two quick timing routes on the right and then forcea throw when you can't get a good read on the LB.

not blaming Dak 100% here as it looks like it could of been bad run routes/playcall. But from the get go it's just staring down the right side.

CCBoy

Reaction score
This group of coaches review film and also make changes that give better advantages. The staff has tools to now run statistics with altered execution statistical points and introduce more production, These efforts will improve with imputs against the Cardinals and 49'ers, added as well. Smart football.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Maybe those two are the main options on the play and CDL is playing a dummy route on the left, but just seems odd to have two quick timing routes on the right and then forcea throw when you can't get a good read on the LB.

not blaming Dak 100% here as it looks like it could of been bad run routes/playcall. But from the get go it's just staring down the right side.
The defense is getting different reads as well...

SackMaster

Reaction score
Kind of reminds me on one of Romo's interceptions where the inside receiver ran a shorter stop route and the outside receiver ran a deeper stop route.

So not only did that route combination make things easier on the defense, it actually setup the inside corner for an easy pick six since he was already facing the QB at the time of the throw AND was just a couple of steps within the throwing lane by just covering the inside receiver.

It's quite sad that these things continue to happen regardless of QB/HC/OC combination that we put out on the field.
:facepalm:

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The problem I have is when Dallas is successful you never hear how poor the schemes are. But when things go wrong there are these breakdowns on how it's the poor schemes that causes the problem.

It can't be both. It has to be one or the other.
I mean that actually makes sense.. against weaker teams the "Details" dont matter because they dont have the players to make the plays.. BUT they will matter in the redzone..right? makes alot of sense. actually

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
The problem I have is when Dallas is successful you never hear how poor the schemes are. But when things go wrong there are these breakdowns on how it's the poor schemes that causes the problem.

It can't be both. It has to be one or the other.
Yup….Where was Kurt Warner’s breakdown when we played the Jets?

Maybe i missed it