Twitter: Kurt Warner: Details determine everything on Dak interception

CWR

Reaction score
Maybe those two are the main options on the play and CDL is playing a dummy route on the left, but just seems odd to have two quick timing routes on the right and then forcea throw when you can't get a good read on the LB.

not blaming Dak 100% here as it looks like it could of been bad run routes/playcall. But from the get go it's just staring down the right side.

I imagine the idea vs the niners was a lot of quick release. Like Warner said the routes didn't allow Dak to get a read until too late in the play. It's just a crappy play design, and of course we ran the same crap play multiple times.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
This is why I love watching Kurt Warner's breakdowns, he gives you some great insights and opinions into what happened. The int was poor design, but the QB still has to read what is going on and adjust where he is going with the ball. There are 2 sides to the field. Lamb or whoever had single coverage in the slot on the wide side of the field and would have been wide open.

I remember watching that first play and was like was in the RB running a route 5 yards in front of the WR. It makes absolutely no sense, especially when they have 3 LBs in the middle of the field the whole damn game.

It is like they learned nothing from previous games on how or where to attack this defense.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Yup….Where was Kurt Warner’s breakdown when we played the Jets?

Maybe i missed it
yeah but you also think the defense was fine last Sunday it was just tired because the offense did't hold the ball enough...so you missing things is pretty common....

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yup….Where was Kurt Warner’s breakdown when we played the Jets?

Maybe i missed it
We post plenty Baldy breakdowns of him praising plays and players. So maybe you have.

Also, I don't follow Kurt Warner, but I think I will now. This just happened to pop up on my twitter feed.

True but the scheme is only being brought up to absolve his poor play.

If Dak somehow played well and overcame the scheme, you wouldnt be seeing so many “analysts” crapping on the scheme
Actually, it is not. It's to drive discussion beyond the Dak sucks commentary.

superonyx

Reaction score
Dak can change the play with an audible. Stop trying to excuse a failed QB.
Here we go. Pivot around the truth because you are worried the blame may be shared.

Should any play be designed where the middle route is breaking at the same time? Maybe. Truth is we don't know. Just like you don't know if he could have audibled out of that in that situation. It's just message board fan talk.

I'll take Warners take on this play over message board fan Cowboys5217

glimmerman

Reaction score
These are not always on the QB. But most will blame him cause he threw the pass. Meh. Line up and play Monday night.

SackMaster

Reaction score
True but the scheme is only being brought up to absolve his poor play.

If Dak somehow played well and overcame the scheme, you wouldnt be seeing so many “analysts” crapping on the scheme
If YOU and others see Kurt trying to absolve Dak, then by all means, you have that right.

When I watched Kurt, what I took from it is our offensive scheme is lacking some fundamentals that setup our players to fail. Heck, in my first response I recalled how it reminded me of a Romo INT where a terribly designed route combo setup a Pick 6 for the opposing D.

Now IMO, if Kurt went through 20 plays where Dak clearly failed and tried to excuse all 20 plays, I would say you have a point.

But he just pointed out one play where either the scheme was of poor design OR one or more of the receivers did not do what supposed to do. Then showed how the Play SHOULD have been ran.

If a post is not condemning Dak to football hell, it does not automatically make it a pro-Dak post either.

But then again, I'm into Root Cause Analysis and not just blaming the person I hate. Just sayin'

glimmerman

Reaction score
Here we go. Pivot around the truth because you are worried the blame may be shared.

Should any play be designed where the middle route is breaking at the same time? Maybe. Truth is we don't know. Just like you don't know if he could have audibled out of that in that situation. It's just message board fan talk.

I'll take Warners take on this play over message board fan Cowboys5217
And maybe one of the receivers was supposed to break at a different time and did not. Who knows not all ints are qb fault.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am not going to disagree with the break down in either play design or route running. However, Dak needs to recognize the problem and not throw it there. He's been around long enough that he should understand that.
th

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Because nobody is absolving his overall play.

What was posted is an assessment of ONE play w/video substance behind it and the discussion was for that one play.

As Kurt said.. "You decide."
Maybe you arent familiar with Kurt Warner’s content. He is known to try and “educate” fans on QB play and play design.

I mean his video is literally critizing the scheme/play design/details so fans wont blame the QB.

So i say once again, where was Kurt’s issue w the scheme/play design/details when the dak played well vs the Jets?