Twitter: Kurt Warner: Details determine everything on Dak interception

nobody

Reaction score
The thing is, people say they dumb it down for Dak. I don't think Dak is dumb. I think he's intelligent. I just think his processing speed doesn't match the speed of the game so he physically can't read the field quickly as well as others.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
The thing is, people say they dumb it down for Dak. I don't think Dak is dumb. I think he's intelligent. I just think his processing speed doesn't match the speed of the game so he physically can't read the field quickly as well as others.
so he's football dumb, or is it he's an IBM 386 with 4 megs of ram football smart? :)

nobody

Reaction score
so he's football dumb, or is it he's an IBM 386 with 4 megs of ram football smart? :)
No, some people are extremely intelligent but don't process as fast, while others process fast but aren't as intelligent. Some have both intelligence and processing speed and some have neither.
I think he's intelligent but intakes information and processes it slower than most NFL level QBs.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
No, some people are extremely intelligent but don't process as fast, while others process fast but aren't as intelligent. Some have both intelligence and processing speed and some have neither.
I think he's intelligent but intakes information and processes it slower than most NFL level QBs.
so he's an IBM 386 with 24 MB of RAM and a 32 MB hard drive.

nobody

Reaction score
so he's an IBM 386 with 24 MB of RAM and a 32 MB hard drive.
Nah, I'd say he's probably a Ryzen 5 but with only 1 GB of RAM and trying to run Windows 11. I know that processor speed is more apt, but in this case I'd say the processor is intelligence and the RAM is how fast he can process incoming information, which isn't fast at all.

nobody

Reaction score
I think you may have missed the point.

The play is poorly designed to set the QB up to fail by designing routes that all break at the same time.

But this won't be well received here. The Dak mob already has the fire warmed up.
Yet Moore's play designs did the same thing. Both had dumbed down predictable offenses. What's the common denominator? Why did they feel the need that they had to do that? hmmmm?

blueblood70

Reaction score
I think you may have missed the point.

The play is poorly designed to set the QB up to fail by designing routes that all break at the same time.

But this won't be well received here. The Dak mob already has the fire warmed up.
well one a guy was in his face he had to let it go early and still overthrew a well-covered Brandin cooks... the other one hit michael gallup in the stomach... those dudes are covered up just like they were last year. not a lot of separation, not a lot of time... in the most telling thing is the game was well decided 18 points down is the story, the game was over by then. .

we saw a very rested D out of the half get throttled two straight drives For a quick 14.. patrick mahomes himself was not going to make up an 18 point comeback with that kind of defense..

blueblood70

Reaction score

i watched the game again and it clearly not prescott's fault he was pressing.... there was no one consistently getting open IE separation... the game was clearly out of reach by the time he started throwing interceptions. yes he forced some things and threw some up in the air hoping for someone to make a play...

blueblood70

Reaction score
Maybe those two are the main options on the play and CDL is playing a dummy route on the left, but just seems odd to have two quick timing routes on the right and then forcea throw when you can't get a good read on the LB.

not blaming Dak 100% here as it looks like it could of been bad run routes/playcall. But from the get go it's just staring down the right side.
the game was over by then and yes he was pressing and forcing the ball but we were not making a comeback.,. this comes out of frustration... man was just hoping a play was gonna be force to be made because there was no play to be made... some of the worst separation rates by the backup 2s 3s and 4th options same as last year

on the other side it looked like guys were open by 5 yards or more all over the field. some of us could have hit those guys.. .

Gorgon

Reaction score
Follow the details, play design set up one interception for Dak. It was not his fault in the delivery and make his cut off times.
I always liked Norv Turner's timing offense. Is there a reason teams don't use this now, esp. with QBs like Dak who have to make so many reads? Also,
seems clear that McCarthy missed something simple like the position of the ball on the hash marks.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Wouldn't that be on the coaches to ensure the depth or the WRs routes match the timing of Dak's progressions as well though?

One of my complaints about KM's 4 curl offense was the 4 curls were typically at the same depth which made no sense because you can't see all 4 at once, so if the initial read isn't there the play is dead. If you had the backside of the play run 2 to 4 yards deeper the QB could progress to the backside at the timing is there instead of just having 4 receivers standing there.

nobody

Reaction score
Wouldn't that be on the coaches to ensure the depth or the WRs routes match the timing of Dak's progressions as well though?

One of my complaints about KM's 4 curl offense was the 4 curls were typically at the same depth which made no sense because you can't see all 4 at once, so if the initial read isn't there the play is dead. If you had the backside of the play run 2 to 4 yards deeper the QB could progress to the backside at the timing is there instead of just having 4 receivers standing there.
You'd think the coaches would make those adjustments, but where the hell is the veteran QB demanding such changes?! I thought he was a leader who was taking more charge of this offense. We keep seeing the same things over and over though and he's the common denominator.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
we need more curl routes and a bunch of comeback routes, but keep them close to the line of scrimmage When Dak gets scared you have to be close by.