Twitter: Kurt Warner: Details determine everything on Dak interception

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
How is this absolving Dak anyway, who says he is not part of the details problem? The mantra of "If you cant say Dak is horrible full stop then your finding an excuse." is ridiculous...if the offense is not running details correct the QB is FOR SURE involved in this...they need to clean it up those are easy fixes that should never make it to the field on Sunday..

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
If YOU and others see Kurt trying to absolve Dak, then by all means, you have that right.

When I watched Kurt, what I took from it is our offensive scheme is lacking some fundamentals that setup our players to fail. Heck, in my first response I recalled how it reminded me of a Romo INT where a terribly designed route combo setup a Pick 6 for the opposing D.

Now IMO, if Kurt went through 20 plays where Dak clearly failed and tried to excuse all 20 plays, I would say you have a point.

But he just pointed out one play where either the scheme was of poor design OR one or more of the receivers did not do what supposed to do. Then showed how the Play SHOULD have been ran.

If a post is not condemning Dak to football hell, it does not automatically make it a pro-Dak post either.

But then again, I'm into Root Cause Analysis and not just blaming the person I hate. Just sayin'
This is you CHOOSING to think that was his intention in the video.

*QB throws a terrible pick*

Kurt Warner: this was a terrible play design

No mention of the QB not HAVING to throw that ball there.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

comming from objective people maybe.. from you meh everyone here knows your shtick, again its not absolving Dak its pointing out the Cowboys offense is not running the plays with details that execute the plays designed concept.. your the one jumping to the "Stop defending Dak" conclusion...

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe you arent familiar with Kurt Warner’s content. He is known to try and “educate” fans on QB play and play design.

I mean his video is literally critizing the scheme/play design/details so fans wont blame the QB.

So i say once again, where was Kurt’s issue w the scheme/play design/details when the dak played well vs the Jets?
And yet, he showed how the play was successful at the end, so QB fail or play design or WR route running?

As for the how Dak played vs Jets, you can look that up.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
And yet, he showed how the play was successful at the end, so QB fail or play design or WR route running?

As for the how Dak played vs Jets, you can look that up.
I know how Dak played vs the Jets. I saw the game.

I also never said the play was successful or how it was a well drawn out play. What I did say was the intention of his video WAS to defend Dak. I dont know how someone can disagree with that.

SackMaster

Reaction score

You are absolutely right Dak DID NOT have to throw the ball there. That part is 1,000,000,000% on him.

I just got to ask, what could Dak have done to make that specific play successful?

I mean all 4 receivers were covered. Feel free to go back and look.

Should he have held on to the ball and wait for someone to get open?
Sure, but he probably takes a sack waiting for someone to get open. That is not AS BAD as an interception, but it still would be bad.

Should he have just thrown it away?
Sure, but probably gets flagged for intentional grounding since he was clearly in the Tackle Box.

Should he have taken off running?
That is probably his best play, but it would have been MAYBE 2-3 yards due to the 49ers had great lane discipline on the play and he would have had to run outside.

So unless there is something I'm missing, that play looked pretty screwed.

Therefore, if you feel Kurt is trying to make excuses for QBs bad play. Cool. Like I said, that is your right.

I just hope when Baldinger post a breakdown of a great play by Parsons, you also believe he's only making excuses for the offensive linemen.

Just be consistent.
:thumbup:

plymkr

Reaction score
I’m convinced. I’m convinced we need a new QB and have Kurt Warner be our Offensive Coordinator.

NotForLong

Reaction score
We post plenty Baldy breakdowns of him praising plays and players. So maybe you have.

Also, I don't follow Kurt Warner, but I think I will now. This just happened to pop up on my twitter feed.

Actually, it is not. It's to drive discussion beyond the Dak sucks commentary.
I thought this was a Badly breakdown from the Footage . . . Warner gots to get his own schtick

NotForLong

Reaction score
How is this absolving Dak anyway, who says he is not part of the details problem? The mantra of "If you cant say Dak is horrible full stop then your finding an excuse." is ridiculous...if the offense is not running details correct the QB is FOR SURE involved in this...they need to clean it up those are easy fixes that should never make it to the field on Sunday..
Dak sucks and he is regressing . . . So sad to watch