Twitter: Kurt Warner: Details determine everything on Dak interception

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Yup….Where was Kurt Warner’s breakdown when we played the Jets?

Maybe i missed it
not to mention, maybe I don't pay enough attention but what other NFL QB's do they go to this length to prop up?

Maybe they do and I'm just missing it. But the lengths people go to to prop this bum up is tiresome as hell.
he sucked the other night. All this focus to explain away*one* int.

The analysis doesn't even take into account the multiple times the scheme got people wide open and Dak either didn't see them or missed them badly (Cooks catching a ball 3 yards out of bounds when he beat his coverage by 2 steps, for example)

basel90

Reaction score
I think you may have missed the point.

The play is poorly designed to set the QB up to fail by designing routes that all break at the same time.

But this won't be well received here. The Dak mob already has the fire warmed up.
the design by MM and the OC is bad , but Dak should have recognized it and audibled. Not to mention we heard so much about his involvment in the pass game during the preseason camp. what were they doing ? playing dominos?
MM and Dak made this bed and it will be tested again with the chargers , where kellen moore knows very well what MM has and what Dak can and cannot do . The chargers game will be very revealing, A resounding loss means MM is not the right coach , and that jerry kicked the right OC last season.

khiladi

Reaction score
As far as the interception on the first clip, look at the dynamics of Dak directly from the snap and how it differs, even though it's the apparently the same play call. In this case, Dak IMMEDIATELY LOOKS LEFT AT THE SNAP at 3:08 and 3:09. He's doing this to pull the LBs left. He then turns to the right immediately winding up and throwing to the outside WR without bothering to look at the LBs. The actions of Dak indicate he was going to the outside WR from the snap. The INSIDE LB IS JUST WATCHING DAK AND KNOWS WHERE HE IS GOING BASED ON HIS WIND-UP, MEANING HE JUST JUMPS THE ROUTE BASED ON LOOKING AT DAK'S WINDUP. It's Dak last year all over again. He had plenty of INTs doing exactly this.

It doesn't matter whether the WRS break at the same time in the case, as Dak already indicates where he is going, and he basically throws blindly once he pulls his head back from the left at the snap.

STARING DOWN HIS WRs....

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Everything is boiled down to the simplest of factors because the QB is unable to read and make decisions. This has been going on for years no matter who the coaches are. I refuse to believe that Kellen Moore, Jason Garrett, Mike McCarthy and Brian Schottenheimer don't know how to draw up simple plays. Those guys are all offensive juggernauts when compared to Dak. They run it as complex as they can but inevitably they have to dumb it down. The defense ends up figuring it out easy and we look terrible. If this was a real QB it would never get dumbed down. If it did get dumbed down a real QB would identify it right away in practice and would run it until the whole team understood. The problem is Dak does not understand. The only scheme that would work was the 2016 offense. It was custom made for Dak and it was awesome. We get worse and worse every year.

Dak would look at that tape for days and not have a single worth while thing to say about it.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Everything is boiled down to the simplest of factors because the QB is unable to read and make decisions. This has been going on for years no matter who the coaches are. I refuse to believe that Kellen Moore, Jason Garrett, Mike McCarthy and Brian Schottenheimer don't know how to draw up simple plays. Those guys are all offensive juggernauts when compared to Dak. They run it as complex as they can but inevitably they have to dumb it down. The defense ends up figuring it out easy and we look terrible. If this was a real QB it would never get dumbed down. If it did get dumbed down a real QB would identify it right away in practice and would run it until the whole team understood. The problem is Dak does not understand. The only scheme that would work was the 2016 offense. It was custom made for Dak and it was awesome. We get worse and worse every year.

Dak would look at that tape for days and not have a single worth while thing to say about it.
It's Jason Garrett all over again. Nope, I don't care what anyone says Dak is a QB that can win a SB. I said it so it must be true. Doesn't matter if you show me proof that he can't do it, it must be true because I believe it. This is how you waste time and people's careers.

Surfguy

Reaction score
Watching a lot of these cowboys offensive plays again, all the receivers were not good. I think they deserve more of the blame. They were outplayed almost all night. Who the heck was Dak supposed to pass to? No wonder he was running around back there like a chicken with his head cut off.

silvernblu

Reaction score
I think this just confirms what we already know. Listen. Guys will run bad routes from time to time. QB has to have the ability to recognize it and decide on his 3rd and 4th options.

Dak CANNOT go through his progressions like that. He panics.

What do we always say about the greats? They look calm and cool in the pocket. They process their reads quickly.

Not Dak.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score

Kurt warner has some points in this video, this is not new info, CD is bit lazy in route running precisely , last couple of season he caused interceptions by failing to cross corner‘s face .
I think this is where we miss Amari .
But Cooks has been a productive receiver , wth are we doing with him ?
I am not excusing dak but our receivers , ( Gallup especially , is still not confident, physically )