News: Kyle Pitts’ dad says Jerry will shock the world and take his son

Sydla

Reaction score
https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/.amp...redicts-tes-dad#click=https://t.co/ypscGz6izI

Does he know something or is he just speculating? The direct quote is that Jerry has “something up his sleeve that's going to shock everyone”.

Fisher is reporting it though the original source is here: https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/kyle-pitts-2021-nfl-draft-philadelphia-20210428.html

Boys and girls, IT’S HAPPENING!!

I think it's entirely possible and plausible that if Pitts slides into that 7-9 range, Jerry will try to trade up.

It would be stupid because it would cost you at least a 3rd round pick, but Jerry does what Jerry wants to do.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I’m 99% this isn’t happening but my 1% is the Jones family with all their posturing about defense and then some secret meeting with Dak where he was told to say yesterday that “we will go D, we are set on offense.” I know that is crazy but that 1% is always there for this org.

Sydla

Reaction score
Cowboys won't be active in FA because they feel that FA doesn't really fill holes with good players. That has to come from the draft. So they won't sign good DTs or CBs or Ss in FA because their roster building process relies on the draft to find their starters, their stars.

The same Cowboys will/could then trade a high pick that could be used to draft a player to fill one of those holes in order to go chasing a TE in the Top 10, despite clear needs on defense.

This only makes sense in Jerry's head.

GroundZero1970

Reaction score
I think if the Cowboys think that Pitts is a generational player and love him then go get him, forget the cost. 25 years of being safe got us nothing. Time to take risks.

Hardline

Reaction score
One of the best things about draft night - fans losing their minds. :muttley:

Twitter is the best because all fan bases outside of Jacksonville with have people who don't like their team's pick.
I'll be happy to see eagles fans meltdown videos on YouTube like last year when they thought they had a shot at Lamb just to see us take him 4 picks ahead of them.

Big_D

Reaction score
If Jerry trades up for a TE this team is screwed. We know he won't be there at 10. And even then trading back makes more sense. But I'm sure they'll find everything they need on the defensive side in the 3rd. lol You can't put this past Jerry so lets just hope the rest of the war room isn't that stupid.

Sydla

Reaction score
I think if the Cowboys think that Pitts is a generational player and love him then go get him, forget the cost. 25 years of being safe got us nothing. Time to take risks.

We've played it safe for 25 years?

LOL.

_sturt_

Reaction score
There would be some poetic justice in the fact that PHI has on their roster a Dallas who was named Dallas b/c of a parent who is a Cowboy fan... so, the universe, with some assistance from Jerry, would naturally balance that out, right?

giphy.gif

ErikWilliamsHeadSlap

Reaction score
Don't think the Bengals trading out of 5 isn't possible. Chase is most likely the guy for Miami if Cincy do trade out. If I am in charge of a new regime in Detroit, I am not starting it off with a TE. It is possible that Gm's just do not think drafting a TE that high is wise, regardless of his ceiling. Of course Jerry isn't a real GM so he may think differently.

Now Carolina, McCaffrey and Pitts would give team fits. Stranger things have happened with Jerry.

Big_D

Reaction score
We've played it safe for 25 years?

LOL.

Roy Williams was safe, Galloway.. totally safe. Claiborne and Lawrence safe. lol All cost mutiple high picks.. 5 1sts, 2 2nds, 2 3rds and a 6th for THAT!!!. While burning many picks over the years on some pretty baffling choices.. Marinelli and his defensive ilk were a huge waste of draft capital. Puppett, no better. Then they burn a #4 on a RB and take a LB in a wheelchair. lol The list goes on of gambles and not playing it safe. Just very very stupid while not valuing the draft at all. Jerry has been a complete moron. Some common sense and the past 25 years look miles better. Guys an idiot. And his complete inability to draft a team is the same routine on why they crash and burn regularly.

I'm back to hoping McCarthy brings more to the table.

Big_D

Reaction score
Don't think the Bengals trading out of 5 isn't possible. Chase is most likely the guy for Miami if Cincy do trade out. If I am in charge of a new regime in Detroit, I am not starting it off with a TE. It is possible that Gm's just do not think drafting a TE that high is wise, regardless of his ceiling. Of course Jerry isn't a real GM so he may think differently.

Now Carolina, McCaffrey and Pitts would give team fits. Stranger things have happened with Jerry.

If Carolina can get their hands on Pitts, people will change their tune real fast on Darnold.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I guess we left out the quote that says “ that’s just my personal opinion and it doesn’t mean much” which his dad also said lol

DCowboyz

Reaction score
I’m sure his dad is trying to raise his son’s stock even more. Smart dad. But sure, if it happens. I’m down. I doubt it though.

Big_D

Reaction score
I guess we left out the quote that says “ that’s just my personal opinion and it doesn’t mean much” which his dad also said lol

LOL it's all hypothetical. Point being, Jerry is very capable. So far he has said the right things, but he's capable of lying too.

DFWJC

Reaction score
With the QB frenzy and the needs of the remaining teams, it isn't as far-fetched as it once was to think Pitts may drop some.
I assume it won't be Dallas, but some team might be getting great value for 2nd best prospect in the draft

Btw, please stop mentioning Mo freaking Caliborne in the same sentence as Pitts.
There were mixed reviews on Mo Clai and many of us HATED that trade.
Some thought he was safe and others saw several red flags

There are zero mixed reviews on Pitts. The only question is from those thinking he is strictly a TE, so they have an issue taking any TE that high.
I get that though don't necessarily agree with it. At least an honest question.

Those that like him say he is a TD scoring, matchup nightmare, game-changer that maybe only two other teams in the league have (KC and SF)

Last edited:

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/.amp...redicts-tes-dad#click=https://t.co/ypscGz6izI

Does he know something or is he just speculating? The direct quote is that Jerry has “something up his sleeve that's going to shock everyone”.

Fisher is reporting it though the original source is here: https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/kyle-pitts-2021-nfl-draft-philadelphia-20210428.html

Boys and girls, IT’S HAPPENING!!

That is a partial quote. He ends his statement with, "...That’s just my personal opinion. Doesn’t mean a lot."

GroundZero1970

Reaction score
Roy Williams was safe, Galloway.. totally safe. Claiborne and Lawrence safe. lol All cost mutiple high picks.. 5 1sts, 2 2nds, 2 3rds and a 6th for THAT!!!. While burning many picks over the years on some pretty baffling choices.. Marinelli and his defensive ilk were a huge waste of draft capital. Puppett, no better. Then they burn a #4 on a RB and take a LB in a wheelchair. lol The list goes on of gambles and not playing it safe. Just very very stupid while not valuing the draft at all. Jerry has been a complete moron. Some common sense and the past 25 years look miles better. Guys an idiot. And his complete inability to draft a team is the same routine on why they crash and burn regularly.

I'm back to hoping McCarthy brings more to the table.
Oh cmon Galloway was 21 years ago and they were trying to win another with troy and the boys. Roy williams was 13 years ago. Jaylon was a bit of a risk. This team has a good offense. The defense wasnt as bad as they played last year. Injjuries, covid and Nolan really screwed stuff up. Gregory was good value for where he was at the time. Lawrence is fine. If Pitts is viewed as a bonafide stud go get him if not fine but be a little aggressive. Jones went from one extreme to the other. Open it up and be aggressive or be prepared to be average.