News: Kyle Pitts’ dad says Jerry will shock the world and take his son

Sydla

Reaction score
Passing on Moss, bargain bin shopping in FA. Yea I do. We have had plenty of chance to uograde this team and played it safe .

The bargain shopping is more recent. Overpaying for Carr because he was the best CB in a weak FA market was not playing it safe. Bringing in a clown like Greg Hardy, not playing it safe.

You said we have played it safe over 25 years, but that's simply not true. You can go over the entire 25 years and find numerous crazy and risky decisions this franchise has made. If one thinks Jerry has been timid and played it safe over the last 25 years, they must be looking at another Cowboys team.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
I think if the Cowboys think that Pitts is a generational player and love him then go get him, forget the cost. 25 years of being safe got us nothing. Time to take risks.
they've taken risks over the last 25 years and they have gotten no where. "when you don't know what you are doing...you won't be successful"...they don't know what they are doing.

Big_D

Reaction score
Oh cmon Galloway was 21 years ago and they were trying to win another with troy and the boys. Roy williams was 13 years ago. Jaylon was a bit of a risk. This team has a good offense. The defense wasnt as bad as they played last year. Injjuries, covid and Nolan really screwed stuff up. Gregory was good value for where he was at the time. Lawrence is fine. If Pitts is viewed as a bonafide stud go get him if not fine but be a little aggressive. Jones went from one extreme to the other. Open it up and be aggressive or be prepared to be average.

Just proving my point on a pattern of stupidity. Jaylon wasn't a risk, it was flat out stupid at 34 overall. That "Lawrence is fine" is the biggest part of the problem. Good player, but the team still sucks and they need to find 2 players in that situation. Fans have no problem throwing those picks away. And today they're still no better off. That was only 2 short years after a 1st and 2nd for Claiborne??Jones is a complete dumazz.

McCarthy had his first common sense draft in years without bouncing around and if that continues this team will be get better. Looking for a shiny new offensive weapon and some jersey sales. That's the Jerry staple. Doesn't matter what it costs! Did you see the Chiefs, best QB and TE in football get completely outmuscled in the Super Bowl? You think teams will be afraid of this offense while putting up 50 themselves? lol The D is less than average and some are still OK with it. Just need more offense. lol

Last edited:

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
The bargain shopping is more recent. Overpaying for Carr because he was the best CB in a weak FA market was not playing it safe. Bringing in a clown like Greg Hardy, not playing it safe.

You said we have played it safe over 25 years, but that's simply not true. You can go over the entire 25 years and find numerous crazy and risky decisions this franchise has made. If one thinks Jerry has been timid and played it safe over the last 25 years, they must be looking at another Cowboys team.

Yes, risk is fine, really necessary to be successful in the NFL.

But within limits...

Big_D

Reaction score
Yes, risk is fine, really necessary to be successful in the NFL.

But within limits...

On occasion. maybe once every 5 years. 2 or 3 gambles in 10? Something like that. Jerry does it regularly with no payoff at all. The team just gets worse.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
On occasion. maybe once every 5 years. 2 or 3 gambles in 10? Something like that. Jerry does it regularly with no payoff at all. The team just gets worse.

Gamble with Haley paid off. Now Jerry thinks every gamble he does will be as good....

Flamma

Reaction score
Cowboys trading up to draft Kyle Pitts? How expensive will this be? :omg:

Ridiculous expensive. I'm all for the draft chart until it comes to the top 5. Anything goes there. Besides, there could be competition for #4. To make sure you get Pitts you got to go to number 4. I don't think Cinci and Miami are budging.

Winonesoon

Reaction score
Resized-P-HJDwb-CR3-GR4c-M.gif
:thumbup:love me some Fred!

remdak

Reaction score
I would love to see the chaos that would result if the 49ers took Pitts instead of a QB.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I think it's entirely possible and plausible that if Pitts slides into that 7-9 range, Jerry will try to trade up.

It would be stupid because it would cost you at least a 3rd round pick, but Jerry does what Jerry wants to do.
I realize how good Pitts is, but in all his hype and glory, nobody ever speaks of the TE2 in this draft, have only heard his name mentioned once in the past few months.
Pat Freirermuth. Not putting him in Pitts tier, but he should not be dismissed.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I realize how good Pitts is, but in all his hype and glory, nobody ever speaks of the TE2 in this draft, have only heard his name mentioned once in the past few months.
Pat Freirermuth. Not putting him in Pitts tier, but he should not be dismissed.
No, but you should be. Get outta here with your TE2! :p

Reid1boys

Reaction score
We love making headlines more than winning.
Jerry changes from Ham to Turkey sandwiches for lunch would be a headline. I never understand why people complain about this. The Cowboys are the most visible team in pro sports, and so is their owner,. It is what it is and it isnt changing.

KB1122

Reaction score
If you could swing a receiver for a second and a quality defensive back or two, that might be the basis of a good deal.

Valkyr

Reaction score
What is the advantage of talking up Pitts when you aren't in position to draft him?

If you actually want to take him, you would have to trade up, so letting everyone know about it means they can fleece you. If it's a smokescreen, then who are you trying to bluff? He wouldn't fall to 10 regardless.

Even for loudmouth Jerry this whole thing is bizarre.