Kyler Murray

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I just haven't seen enough to use a high pick on him.

Some team will though.

He's short, he plays in a conference that offers no resistance to offenses (he's basically playing against air), and against Alabama he didn't start producing until they were down 28 points and it's typically easier for even bad QB's to pad their numbers when they are in catch up mode.

This guy is like Tavon Austin's size. Think Senneca Wallace.

Let some other team take the risk.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I don't really follow the college game so I will allow Zoners and pundits to form my opinion for me:)

His height is the only thing people are concerned about.

He's probably a better talent than Baker Mayfield who went 1 overall.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Even in today's NFL of mobile QBs the most important thing is to be able stay in the pocket and make the throws. Not sure at his height if he can do it. But being a short guy myself I am pulling for him unless he plays for one of the other NFC east teams or playing against the Cowboys.

Ddisco22

Reaction score
Some are projecting him first round, some 2-3rd round.. if he falls low enough where we could trade up to snag him, would you all be opposed?

I’d rather roll the dice with him than w/ paying Dak big buckaroos
Our offensive line is too tall for him to see over

visionary

Reaction score
Some are projecting him first round, some 2-3rd round.. if he falls low enough where we could trade up to snag him, would you all be opposed?

I’d rather roll the dice with him than w/ paying Dak big buckaroos

No

He'll get picked in rd 1 but not by me

Titleist

Reaction score
Lol at people thinking he will drop to 58. Murray will be a top 10 pick for sure. Reports abound that the Giants FO is very interested in Murray pending his combine results.

I could see a situation where the Jags trade up to get Haskins at #2 and then Giants take Murray at #6.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
He’s going to be top 20 pick. No hope at 58

Let me ask you this.......
He’s going to be top 20 pick. No hope at 58

You don't think so-called supply and demand will an issue when drafting this kid? What mean is by my calculation there are only 3 teams ( Broncos, Jags, Commanders and maybe Giants) w/o legit starting QBs. Foles already slotted to the Jags and you have to think at least one of teams could land Flacco. Most mocks have Haskins going top 10 or 5.
Interesting to see how it plays out but if it was me, he's a day three pick.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Lol at people thinking he will drop to 58. Murray will be a top 10 pick for sure. Reports abound that the Giants FO is very interested in Murray pending his combine results.

I could see a situation where the Jags trade up to get Haskins at #2 and then Giants take Murray at #6.

Not sure about this.......I see Jags going hard for Foles or Flacco and Giants going for Haskins. Just me, but Murray is a day 3 pick. Too many red flags for me

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Let me ask you this.......

You don't think so-called supply and demand will an issue when drafting this kid? What mean is by my calculation there are only 3 teams ( Broncos, Jags, Commanders and maybe Giants) w/o legit starting QBs. Foles already slotted to the Jags and you have to think at least one of teams could land Flacco. Most mocks have Haskins going top 10 or 5.
Interesting to see how it plays out but if it was me, he's a day three pick.
Teams at the end of the first always take fliers on high max potential. Saints would be great fit for him.

RS12

Reaction score
He will wow at the combine. Top 10 pick. What do we know 100%?, Teams are desperate for QBs

Titleist

Reaction score
He will wow at the combine. Top 10 pick. What do we know 100%?, Teams are desperate for QBs
Yep. It happens every year - teams take QBs way higher than their draft status would indicate.

DFWJC

Reaction score
If Murray commits to football--which it sounds like he is--then he's long gone by the time we pick.

joseephuss

Reaction score
I hope the Giants land Haskins. I don't trust QBs that played for Urban Meyer or QBs that have such little playing experience. I think QBs are better off when they have close to 30 starts in college. He has a nice potential to bust in the NFL.