Kyler Murray

DcFootball4

Reaction score
Honest question........the last 5'9 successful NFL QB was______________?

Eddie LeBaron was 5’7” lol I see zero chance Murray will be successful in the NFL. I don’t follow college, but even if he took a magic pill and grew a few inches, he is built like RGIII/Vick and I don’t believe his body can take the impact. But for the Cowboys, they need early picks for other positions; not QB. Like it or not, Dak is our guy.

Johnny23

Reaction score
Yep.

He's high risk high reward. Some team will give up a 1 for that.

A team in the top 10 of the 2nd round would move up for him.
I think Denver will take a chance if Haskins and Lock aren't there at 10.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Some are projecting him first round, some 2-3rd round.. if he falls low enough where we could trade up to snag him, would you all be opposed?

I’d rather roll the dice with him than w/ paying Dak big buckaroos

Why would Dallas do that trade?

kskboys

Reaction score
Nah. We have more needs than to spend our highest pick on Murray to compete with Dak. 2nd, MLB is allowing the As to pay him more than the max for his slot. Do we really want to spend our 2nd on someone who's wanting a bidding war for his services? What is he, 5'8" or 5'9"? He's not tall enough to play QB. Is he gonna be a slot receiver or a scat back or maybe a 2 down back?
Ick. Dude won't be an NFL starter. Trade up for him? Seems someone's been in the wine closet again.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Unless he bombs his workouts, which is highly unlikely, Murray will be a top 5 pick. Maybe first overall.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eddie LeBaron was 5’7” lol I see zero chance Murray will be successful in the NFL. I don’t follow college, but even if he took a magic pill and grew a few inches, he is built like RGIII/Vick and I don’t believe his body can take the impact. But for the Cowboys, they need early picks for other positions; not QB. Like it or not, Dak is our guy.

I'd take Murray over Prescott and it's not even close.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Some in this thread are seriously underestimating Wilson.

I get it...none of of us know for sure if he'll succeed or not.

But some of there comments seem pretty definitive on the negative side:
"Zero chance of making it the NFL"
"Won't be an NFL starter"
"he's a 3rd rounder"

Also, I bet he is taller than 5'9 even. Closer to 5'10 or maybe slightly above. That's getting him very close to Russell Wilson

kskboys

Reaction score
Some in this thread are seriously underestimating Wilson.

"he's a 3rd rounder"

Also, I bet he is taller than 5'9 even. Closer to 5'10 or maybe slightly above. That's getting him very close to Russell Wilson
Wilson is an accomplished NFL QB. There are many who don't understand how good he is.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Murray is a significantly better passer than Wilson. More athletic too.

I would be stoked if the Cowboys somehow got him. They won't, but I'm just saying. He's a legit talent.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Murray is a significantly better passer than Wilson. More athletic too.

I would be stoked if the Cowboys somehow got him. They won't, but I'm just saying. He's a legit talent.

Garret would stick him in the pocket and force him to go through progressions. He's 5'8.........good luck with that.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
He's a perfect Jerry pick - JJ will grab him in a New York minute if he's there in the second round, because Jerry's all about showing the league he's smarter than any other NFL owner, and the best judge of talent out there - the old "I'll show everybody they were wrong to not draft him before I did" like he did with other picks like Taco, et al...

Verdict

Reaction score
5'9 3/4 He will NOT except another positional job, if you arent following he can play Pro Baseball but if picked higher int he first round with nice contract he will play football...Drafting him only mean you have his rights until the next draft..if he doesnt get drafted in the first round and has an opportunity to lay QB and start , he just doesnt sign a contract..

his size will scare some but his skill level and Heisman will attract enough that he will get picked most likely in first round, the fact he already has baseball contract and been waffling might make him drop enough to take the risk like 16-32..

to the OP who thinks hes better then Dak without ever suiting up yet , has some issues that need to eb worked out..LOL he can compete against a starter in the NFL and we shall see how he does but hes no lock for greatness nor is anyone drafted..Dak was ROY , that could be hard to top :)

I'll be shocked if he's not a top 10 pick. More likely he's top 5.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I'll be shocked if he's not a top 10 pick. More likely he's top 5.

I still think Haskins goes ahead of him.

Kyler Murray is as risky as it gets.

Heck we’ve never seen him play against a real defense. The big 12 is so bad defensively and he plays on the best team.

He’s too small and too dependent on sand lot football for the nfl.

If he hits he’ll be a miniature Pat Mahomes but it’s such a long shot.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Some in this thread are seriously underestimating MURRAY.

"he's a 3rd rounder"

fixed

DFWJC

Reaction score
Garret would stick him in the pocket and force him to go through progressions. He's 5'8.........good luck with that.
I think he is about 2 inches taller than that (or 1 3/4) but your point still stands.