Kyrie Irving to Boston

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't see them hitting 40 but if Simmons and Embiid max out this year they could.
I think my over-under would be 32.
They should be far more watchable for poor Philly fans, no more scoring 75 a game.

And yes tough to move these guys because they have shorty-term deals now and little show in form of skins on walls.
Essentially these assets (possibly short of Embiid) are all less valuable then they were as draft picks.
I wasn't a big fan of Okafer but def don't want him now. His game is 1985.

I loved Philly with Dr J as a kid fwiw. No team in DAL so watched them a lot in that era.
Just hate the strat not the team.
They have an exciting young core. This year probably isnt the year the make that playoff push, unlessnthe East bottoms out even more then expected.

However, there core of Embiid, Simmons and Fultz do have tons of questions. If I was a 76ers fan I would be very leary going forward. Embiid obviously cant stay healthy, neither Simmons or Fultz made the tourney in college and in fact Fultz's ability to win throughout his whole career was questioned and may have been a reason why we prefered Tatum.

I will say if somehow someway Embiid get his injury issues behind him he is an absolute stud

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
That's why I consider it so unlikely. Lonzo and Ingram is the nucleus for Magic and the Lakers.
I doubt they dump those dudes to go all in on LBJ at that point in time even if he gave them that option.

33 year old LeBron can win but he needs more help then he got in CLE, not less.

I think his West options (all worse than East options) look like:
Spurs: Play for his who shares his political beliefs and whom he respects. Who knows how to rest guys and win anyway.
GSW: Crazy huh? Welp, GSW has enough assets to trade off and that team would never lose. Give up Klay and Draymond and 2 1sts in trade? OK. If LBJ wants California this gets it done with a certainty on passing MJ's ring count.
Clips: They'd need some offense and LBJU plays PG basically full-time but Blake from LBJ on an Alley Oop? DAJ/Blake rebounding? Beverly harassing quick guards? Gets him to LA with workable team.
DAL: Cuban shares his political dislikes if not always likes. Barnes, Dennis Smith, Dirk playing 6th man shooter role for peanuts? Not as crazy as it sounds.
HOU: LBJ loves CP3 and would be one guy who wouldn't hate CP3's constant harassment. But how do you run Harden, CP3, LBJ?? Prolly have to trade 1 of them and LBJ wouldn't snake CP3.
LAL: Very young roster with GM he patterned his game after. Great location and history but it'd also be semi-retirement if we are being honest. It's be like Kobe's last 2 years essentially. Get paid and build post basketball brand.

The most hilarious option might be OKC. Go team up with Russ to get back at KD and GSW. The pure joy of that would be sublime but LBJ would certainly have to fly out a lot.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That's why I consider it so unlikely. Lonzo and Ingram is the nucleus for Magic and the Lakers.
I doubt they dump those dudes to go all in on LBJ at that point in time even if he gave them that option.

33 year old LeBron can win but he needs more help then he got in CLE, not less.

I think his West options (all worse than East options) look like:
Spurs: Play for his who shares his political beliefs and whom he respects. Who knows how to rest guys and win anyway.
GSW: Crazy huh? Welp, GSW has enough assets to trade off and that team would never lose. Give up Klay and Draymond and 2 1sts in trade? OK. If LBJ wants California this gets it done with a certainty on passing MJ's ring count.
Clips: They'd need some offense and LBJU plays PG basically full-time but Blake from LBJ on an Alley Oop? DAJ/Blake rebounding? Beverly harassing quick guards? Gets him to LA with workable team.
DAL: Cuban shares his political dislikes if not always likes. Barnes, Dennis Smith, Dirk playing 6th man shooter role for peanuts? Not as crazy as it sounds.
HOU: LBJ loves CP3 and would be one guy who wouldn't hate CP3's constant harassment. But how do you run Harden, CP3, LBJ?? Prolly have to trade 1 of them and LBJ wouldn't snake CP3.
LAL: Very young roster with GM he patterned his game after. Great location and history but it'd also be semi-retirement if we are being honest. It's be like Kobe's last 2 years essentially. Get paid and build post basketball brand.
Paul is a FA after the season correct?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The most hilarious option might be OKC. Go team up with Russ to get back at KD and GSW. The pure joy of that would be sublime but LBJ would certainly have to fly out a lot.
Could the sign Lebron AND keep George?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
They have an exciting young core. This year probably isnt the year the make that playoff push, unlessnthe East bottoms out even more then expected.

However, there core of Embiid, Simmons and Fultz do have tons of questions. If I was a 76ers fan I would be very leary going forward. Embiid obviously cant stay healthy, neither Simmons or Fultz made the tourney in college and in fact Fultz's ability to win throughout his whole career was questioned and may have been a reason why we prefered Tatum.

I will say if somehow someway Embiid get his injury issues behind him he is an absolute stud
If I were Mavs GMs and Philly called offering trades:
I'd give 2 firsts both conditional for Embiid plus ship a non-starter player back. --Conditions based upon his health.
I'd give 1 first conditional based upon his health and a 2nd for Simmons.
I'd give a 1st outside the top 10 and conditional based upon health for Fultz. --honestly I like Dennis Smith as much if not after this latest injury more.

These are tiny hauls for what were elite, elite draft selections.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'd give 2 firsts both conditional for Embiid plus ship a non-starter player back. --Conditions based upon his health.
I'd give a 1st outside the top 10 and conditional based upon health for Fultz. --honestly I like Dennis Smith as much if not after this latest injury more.

Embiid may be too much of a risk for me to even touch. He's not a guy I want to give a max slot to. That is a slot that can easily handcuff an organization

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
There's a chance he leaves for sure but LAL is a very, very low possibility.
They have no team to put around him and LeBron plus PG13 is no where near enough.

Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, Julius Randle, Jordan Clarkson, Larry Nance Jr, Kyle Kuzma, Ivica Zubac, Josh Hart, Thomas Bryant...the young core to put around PGeorge and LJames in 2018/2019 (young core that will still be under contract). Well see if they have to move Randle/Clarkkson to free up cap space for those 2 signings.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score

What would be Philly's incentive to do any of that?