Kyrie Irving to Boston

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Good point, I do not see Lebum leaving again since he is from Ohio though...
Alot if people think he is going to LA to work on his post NBA connections. With there cap flexibility, they can bring both him and PG13 in. Maybe even more. Alot of people think he is not happy with Clevelands management and how they handled Griffin. If he leaves they enter rebuild mode, where the slot that pick lands in really dictates the winner of this deal.

If they get a top 3 pick, that will land them up to 9 years of control over a franchise player. Past 5, and you are looking at more of a role player or 2nd or 3rd option in this next draft. If that is there slot, this trade will become rueful for Cavs fans.

Reaction score
Alot if people think he is going to LA to work on his post NBA connections. With there cap flexibility, they can bring both him and PG13 in. Maybe even more. Alot of people think he is not happy with Clevelands management and how they handled Griffin. If he leaves they enter rebuild mode, where the slot that pick lands in really dictates the winner of this deal.

If they get a top 3 pick, that will land them up to 9 years of control over a franchise player. Past 5, and you are looking at more of a role player or 2nd or 3rd option in this next draft. If that is there slot, this trade will become rueful for Cavs fans.

True but I do not see Paul and Lebum going to the Lakers, the Lakers are not very good right now...

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I just read a long article about the Celtics re-build

It is a tale of 15 trades and 20+ draft picks

They really didn't do so hot with the Brooklyn deal- Brown and Tatum
The big hits were the FA signings of Horford and Heyward

The Irving for Thomas trade looks like a loss to me

They still need Lebron to leave CLE to win the East

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I just read a long article about the Celtics re-build

It is a tale of 15 trades and 20+ draft picks

They really didn't do so hot with the Brooklyn deal- Brown and Tatum
The big hits were the FA signings of Horford and Heyward

The Irving for Thomas trade looks like a loss to me

They still need Lebron to leave CLE to win the East
It all depends on how Brown and Tatum pan out really. Keep in mind Irving is linked to that deal and they got another potential top 5 picks in either the next two drafts.

In the end, the trade will be graded by if they can put any more banners in the rafters.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
60 is pushing it, I would say 50
Alot of it would depend on other moves they make with players like Ingram and Ball if they havent developed enough to contribute to a Lebron window. Or if they can, how good do they become. If Anthony Davis is on the trade market next offseason, Ball and Ingram probably gets that deal done

Reaction score
Alot of it would depend on other moves they make with players like Ingram and Ball if they havent developed enough to contribute to a Lebron window. Or if they can, how good do they become. If Anthony Davis is on the trade market next offseason, Ball and Ingram probably gets that deal done

Anthony Davis gets hurts too much but Pelicans are not going to trade their franchise player

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Anthony Davis gets hurts too much but Pelicans are not going to trade their franchise player
Right now they arent looking to, but if it doesnt work out with Boogie this year and they dont sniff the playoffs you could see him starting to make demands

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There are reports now that is was Dan Gilbert, not Koby Altman that orchestrated the trade and subsequent **** show it turned into

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
It all depends on how Brown and Tatum pan out really. Keep in mind Irving is linked to that deal and they got another potential top 5 picks in either the next two drafts.

In the end, the trade will be graded by if they can put any more banners in the rafters.
Garnett and Pierce did nothing as a team but they proved they were still very good post trade

I will give Boston credit for going all in and not serial tanking like Philly

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Garnett and Pierce did nothing as a team but they proved they were still very good post trade

I will give Boston credit for going all in and not serial tanking like Philly
I think Philadelphia had alot of misfortune in the lottery and draft. Too many drafts in a row where the best pick for them was too similar to what they had. Add to that value moved away from bigs and more towards guards and wings. 10 years ago they would have been able to flip Okafor for a solid value. Nowadays he isnt nearly as valuable.

With Simmons it finally broke their way, and this year they made there own luck with the Fultz trade

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score

There's a chance he leaves for sure but LAL is a very, very low possibility.
They have no team to put around him and LeBron plus PG13 is no where near enough.

The very last thing LBJ wants to do is go be second fiddle in the state and division.

LBJ is likely going to stay in the East but if not he'd be looking to somewhere like SA that would immediately become the favorite once he signs.
He's not signing up for LAL with a bunch of 2nd and 3rd year guys.
He proved that when he had CLE trade off Wiggins who was considered to be the prospect of the decade.

Lakers fans and media have been pushing LBJ to Lakerland every time he's been a free agent.
It's just wishful thinking for a moribund franchise on the rebuild with lots of fans.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I think Philadelphia had alot of misfortune in the lottery and draft. Too many drafts in a row where the best pick for them was too similar to what they had. Add to that value moved away from bigs and more towards guards and wings. 10 years ago they would have been able to flip Okafor for a solid value. Nowadays he isnt nearly as valuable.

With Simmons it finally broke their way, and this year they made there own luck with the Fultz trade
Their issue was the strategy was totally flawed.
In this era of shorter contracts and less team control there was no chance of the draftees growing up together.

Philly should have been in the market for guys like Harrison Barnes and other guys who were ascending athletes that had learned the game already.
19 year olds have won in the NBA basically three times in 30 years... Tim Duncan, Shaq and LeBron James.
So these teams are basically tanking for a 40-50% shot at at a 10% shot.... it's stupid.

And anyone on this board will attest that I've been saying this about Philly for 3 years.
Tanking at mid-season or later when all is lost makes sense at times.
Tanking for 4-6 years in a row saying we will eventually sign the next mega-star is pure lunacy.

Sitting where you are in an NBA draft with blinders on and drafting the most highly rated player is again stupid.
You've got to draft the guy that's the best fit for your team or the guy you KNOW you can move for the most in trade.

Simmons hasn't done a thing yet. In college he couldn't win games. It's gonna be a tough road to hoe for Philly.
But I do like that they've started adding vets and moving around in drafts to get guys they needed as opposed to intentionally getting rid of anyone that helped win.

A lot of people have Philly as their sleeper team but that team looks terrible again to me.
Sakic, Fultz and Reddick might among the very worst defenders in their starting positions in the NBA.
So much will depend upon Embiid who can't stay healthy. Embiid and Redick both hit free agency after this year as well...

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Their issue was the strategy was totally flawed.
In this era of shorter contracts and less team control there was no chance of the draftees growing up together.

Philly should have been in the market for guys like Harrison Barnes and other guys who were ascending athletes that had learned the game already.
19 year olds have won in the NBA basically three times in 30 years... Tim Duncan, Shaq and LeBron James.
So these teams are basically tanking for a 40-50% shot at at a 10% shot.... it's stupid.

And anyone on this board will attest that I've been saying this about Philly for 3 years.
Tanking at mid-season or later when all is lost makes sense at times.
Tanking for 4-6 years in a row saying we will eventually sign the next mega-star is pure lunacy.

Sitting where you are in an NBA draft with blinders on and drafting the most highly rated player is again stupid.
You've got to draft the guy that's the best fit for your team or the guy you KNOW you can move for the most in trade.

Simmons hasn't done a thing yet. In college he couldn't win games. It's gonna be a tough road to hoe for Philly.
But I do like that they've started adding vets and moving around in drafts to get guys they needed as opposed to intentionally getting rid of anyone that helped win.

A lot of people have Philly as their sleeper team but that team looks terrible again to me.
Sakic, Fultz and Reddick might among the very worst defenders in their starting positions in the NBA.
So much will depend upon Embiid who can't stay healthy. Embiid and Redick both hit free agency after this year as well...
Philadelphia, I could see winning 40 in a weak east. 40 is probably their limit at this stage. At this they need to diversify alot more. Embiid hurts them in that regards because even if you could get solid value for Sakic and/or Okafor ( and seems they cant for Okafor) can you really part with them knowing Embiid's injury history? And with Okafor, given his talent I was overly enthused about the idea of acquiring when those talks were going on. At best I was hoping for a buy low to try and sell high later.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They have no team to put around him and LeBron plus PG13 is no where near enough.

The very last thing LBJ wants to do is go be second fiddle in the state and division.

LBJ is likely going to stay in the East but if not he'd be looking to somewhere like SA that would immediately become the favorite once he signs.
He proved that when he had CLE trade off Wiggins who was considered to be the prospect of the decade.

Lakers fans and media have been pushing LBJ to Lakerland every time he's been a free agent.
It's just wishful thinking for a moribund franchise on the rebuild with lots of fans.
I think if he goes to LA, they move Ball and/or Ingram. That should net another good running mate. I dont know if I see LA going that far for a Lebron window , and im sure plans for moving those two would be part of any pitch. Thats a pretty heavy commitment to a potential Lebron/George/??? triad and anything south of Anthony Davis would be a no go.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

How awesomely awkward would it have been if Kyrie got traded for Wiggins lol. I think Lebron would have lost his mind. I like Wiggins, but he needs some work before he is a legit star in a good team.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Philadelphia, I could see winning 40 in a weak east. 40 is probably their limit at this stage. At this they need to diversify alot more. Embiid hurts them in that regards because even if you could get solid value for Sakic and/or Okafor ( and seems they cant for Okafor) can you really part with them knowing Embiid's injury history? And with Okafor, given his talent I was overly enthused about the idea of acquiring when those talks were going on. At best I was hoping for a buy low to try and sell high later.
I don't see them hitting 40 but if Simmons and Embiid max out this year they could.
I think my over-under would be 32.
They should be far more watchable for poor Philly fans, no more scoring 75 a game.

And yes tough to move these guys because they have shorty-term deals now and little show in form of skins on walls.
Essentially these assets (possibly short of Embiid) are all less valuable then they were as draft picks.
I wasn't a big fan of Okafer but def don't want him now. His game is 1985.

I loved Philly with Dr J as a kid fwiw. No team in DAL so watched them a lot in that era.
Just hate the strat not the team.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I think if he goes to LA, they move Ball and/or Ingram. That should net another good running mate. I dont know if I see LA going that far for a Lebron window , and im sure plans for moving those two would be part of any pitch. Thats a pretty heavy commitment to a potential Lebron/George/??? triad and anything south of Anthony Davis would be a no go.
That's why I consider it so unlikely. Lonzo and Ingram is the nucleus for Magic and the Lakers.
I doubt they dump those dudes to go all in on LBJ at that point in time even if he gave them that option.

33 year old LeBron can win but he needs more help then he got in CLE, not less.

I think his West options (all worse than East options) look like:
Spurs: Play for his who shares his political beliefs and whom he respects. Who knows how to rest guys and win anyway.
GSW: Crazy huh? Welp, GSW has enough assets to trade off and that team would never lose. Give up Klay and Draymond and 2 1sts in trade? OK. If LBJ wants California this gets it done with a certainty on passing MJ's ring count.
Clips: They'd need some offense and LBJU plays PG basically full-time but Blake from LBJ on an Alley Oop? DAJ/Blake rebounding? Beverly harassing quick guards? Gets him to LA with workable team.
DAL: Cuban shares his political dislikes if not always likes. Barnes, Dennis Smith, Dirk playing 6th man shooter role for peanuts? Not as crazy as it sounds.
HOU: LBJ loves CP3 and would be one guy who wouldn't hate CP3's constant harassment. But how do you run Harden, CP3, LBJ?? Prolly have to trade 1 of them and LBJ wouldn't snake CP3.
LAL: Very young roster with GM he patterned his game after. Great location and history but it'd also be semi-retirement if we are being honest. It's be like Kobe's last 2 years essentially. Get paid and build post basketball brand.