Signed by Cowboys La’el Collins Signs New 5 Year Contract

Daillest88

Reaction score
He improved last year and wasn’t healthy I think he will be much better this year. And yes it’s a good deal for a young OT who will get better

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was not.

Collins is an average to slightly above average RT who is being paid like an elite RT.

He is making roughly what Lane Johnson is making. In no world are the two comparable.
Maybe he needs to take those supplements that got Lane suspended

Sydla

Reaction score
He improved last year and wasn’t healthy I think he will be much better this year. And yes it’s a good deal for a young OT who will get better

At what point do you stop heaping cash into the OL? The now have the largest LT contract on their roster, the largest C contract on their roster, the largest OG contract on their roster and now the third largest RT contract.

Seems kind of excessive, right?

Is Collins worth it, potentially at the expense of say Byron Jones?

kumizi

Reaction score
Super happy with this one. He's an underrated player at a position which has proved to be one of the hardest to fill in the NFL.
How exactly is he underrated?

I’d counter he’s the most overrated player on the Cowboys. Has he ever graded out as a top 20-25 tackle in the NFL? Even one time?

Daillest88

Reaction score
At what point do you stop heaping cash into the OL? The now have the largest LT contract on their roster, the largest C contract on their roster, the largest OG contract on their roster and now the third largest RT contract.

Seems kind of excessive, right?

Is Collins worth it, potentially at the expense of say Byron Jones?

Who knows.. we will see how it pans out. I don’t know if jones is getting an extension anyway . Also depends if they wanna start restructuring other contracts to make more room which they haven’t done much the past few years. Let’s say we win the Super Bowl. Jerry will have no problem restructuring.

Sydla

Reaction score

I thought it was 35 million guaranteed?

There are often two "guarantee" figures............ there is the guarantee at signing and then the practical guarantees that are things like guarantees if on roster after a year, guarantees for injuries, etc.

Manster68

Reaction score
Solid players don't make Top 3 money at their position. Well normally they don't. But this is Dallas, so anything is possible when it comes to contracts.
I would not worry about that. There's still the chance he breaks out like Gurode did 15 years ago. Plus, that money is not being taken out of your bank account.

Carson

Reaction score
This is good.

Also really demonstrates how crappy either the McGovern pick or the Connor Williams pick was.

What’s good is we now have four spots locked in.

If they bust, it’s easier to fill one spot than two!

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
Do we have a top 5 contract at 4 of 5 offensive line positions now?

By that logic you should be able to save money on a RB. Oh wait....

DFWJC

Reaction score
People babble about this front office all the time, but they know what they're doing , in general, when iot come to signing who they want.

If they want to keep a player, almost always, they do.

Guys that are signed and for sure will be signed, because they for plan to keep them

Smith..signed
Collins..signed
Zeke..will be signed
Dak...will be signed

If they want they badly want to keep Cooper and Jones, that will eventually happen too.

When they decide to move, they do.
When they plan to pay a player, they figure out how to get it done...pretty much always

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
People babble about this front office all the time, but they know what they're doing , in general, when iot come to signing who they want.

If they want to keep a player, almost always, they do.

Guys that are signed and for sure will be signed, because they for plan to keep them

Smith..signed
Collins..signed
Zeke..will be signed
Dak...will be signed

If they want they badly want to keep Cooper and Jones, that will eventually happen too.

When they decide to move, they do.
When they plan to pay a player, they figure out how to get it done...pretty much always

What do you mean? They pay their players top 5 at their positions/highest paid without them actually being so. No wonder why the players sign. I could do the same thing