Lack of weapons will limit playoff success!

CCBoy

Reaction score
Cool. Here's your trophy.

6853GOM.jpg
That's an insult and intended...I don't need awards to just tell the truth. I'm different than most of you that instead pound their own chest and hero worship...even if among heros now! I'm a fan, but with 23 years in Service, 17 Postal, ERT qualified, and service as a Confinement Facility Officer...believe me, smart guy, I need no chunks of metal to pin on MY chest. I give due respect and go from there, but honestly.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
And it was still legal for DB s to actually try to stop WR s from catching the ball.
Yup, there is an old video across the middle that shows irving that has irving saying he tells CBs that He'll take a concusion for a touchdown to psych them out. The NFL used to be brutal.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Which suggests to me that its' coaching - especially the OL coach Mike Solari ..
I agree. I do see a big difference between this year and last in our style. we are built to be a physical OL and attack the DL. but we are playing more zonish style than physical. even in the running game and these guys aren't used to it. in pass protection we are always on our heels, in a read and react than just get your hands on the defender and control him.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
With Lamb or Cooper, i don't think it has anything to do with two paid WRs.

We took Lamb because he was valued as the best available prospect on their draft board, regardless of offense or defense.

In fact before we drafted Lamb, we only just re-signed Amari Cooper to a record contract at the time, only a month before we drafted Lamb in 2020, i believe.

it will probably never be publicly reported (unless Jerry accidentally spills the beans) as factual as why we trade Cooper away for a bag of peanuts.

Maybe the club did not think Cooper's on field production, his tendency to disappear in key games, (especially vs top coverage CBs) .. for a guy that was supposedly the featured lead WR, or rumors of his stand offish personality.
Club seemed like they could not wait to get rid of Cooper.
Seemed " personal " more than business decision, imo.
There were legit rumblings that they didn't like him speaking to the media and him not getting the covid shot, which could of costed them a few crucial wins that season. Heard from Bobby Belt as soon as they lost in the playoffs, Cooper has played his last game with the team. I mentioned this on this board, where many thought that wasn't the case. Very well could of been more personal then business.

quickccc

Reaction score
There were legit rumblings that they didn't like him speaking to the media and him not getting the covid shot, which could of costed them a few crucial wins that season. Heard from Bobby Belt as soon as they lost in the playoffs, Cooper has played his last game with the team. I mentioned this on this board, where many thought that wasn't the case. Very well could of been more personal then business.
Do you also remember when both Cooper and Randall Cobb were benched in the
last final drives in the 2019 season in Philly , win or go home final game of the season ?

Was that more to WR coach in 2019 (Sanjay Lal) ... or more about Cooper's personality ?
And Amari hasn't never been a brash, sideline tantrum, outspoken guy in public, so it wont show up there it appears.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
Nope, this team has plenty of weapons. Bad playcalling, poor coaching decisions and poor play execution will doom this team in the playoffs, which would be nothing new.

The Cowboys have to overcome one of their biggest opponents every playoff game: THEMSELVES

Mike McCarthy coming out scared in the first few drives, trying to play it safe and pound the rock.
Dak coming out early and throwing a pick right to the other team with a bad read.
Early drive-killing penalties, or drive-extending penalties on defense...or field-position killer penalties on STs.
Mike McCarthy going for it on 4th down early in a playoff game, because, well, "it felt like the best decision". :mad: Just take the damn points please! The FG kicker is money.
A lack of adjustments by the coaching staff at halftime also worries me.

A lack of weapons is the least of my concerns for this team.

SBWinner

Reaction score
We had the guys too!

The playoffs show your weaknesses.

Lamb, Cooper and shultz were the 1,3 and 4 leaders in receiving yards this week.

Good chance were are gonna feel this when the playoffs come. Chiefs are in the same boat (limited weapons). Extending gallup over cooper was bananas.

Hoping the defense can carry and hoping for the best.

Go cowboys!

This didn't age well.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Do you also remember when both Cooper and Randall Cobb were benched in the
last final drives in the 2019 season in Philly , win or go home final game of the season ?

Was that more to WR coach in 2019 (Sanjay Lal) ... or more about Cooper's personality ?
And Amari hasn't never been a brash, sideline tantrum, outspoken guy in public, so it wont show up there it appears.
There must be a reason why teams gave up on him

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
They had to use those funds for other players like Dak, Shultz AND Gallup.
Daks money was already locked in and I would rather have cooper than Schultz and Gallup. We’ve plugged multiple guys in at TE and been fine since Witten retired and Gallup hasnt shown he was worth a new deal.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Despite what Fergie is doing, could M.Bryant be used as a pass catching TE?

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Daks money was already locked in and I would rather have cooper than Schultz and Gallup. We’ve plugged multiple guys in at TE and been fine since Witten retired and Gallup hasnt shown he was worth a new deal.
I agree, but they decided on the other way. Definitely appears more personal then business with Cooper