Lack of weapons will limit playoff success!

RonWashington

Reaction score
Cooks is a weapon Isolate Pollard on a route coming out of the backfield . Target your # 2 draft pick this yr your # 3 from last yr . Give Dowdle some touches . Isn’t this the job for MM & Marty’s son to scheme yards points .

RonWashington

Reaction score
Amari Cooper would disappear during stretches. 88 is a bonafide # 1 . Need to establish complimentary pieces .

NFCBeasts

Reaction score
Smith is OK but one dimensional IMO and is still in his rookie deal.

We could have kept Cooper if we wanted to. It wasn’t solely a money thing.
Right but Lamb would be on his rookie deal too… i agree with the sort not about the money totally, but frustrating hearing people complain about not having weapons.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
We had the guys too!

The playoffs show your weaknesses.

Lamb, Cooper and shultz were the 1,3 and 4 leaders in receiving yards this week.

Good chance were are gonna feel this when the playoffs come. Chiefs are in the same boat (limited weapons). Extending gallup over cooper was bananas.

Hoping the defense can carry and hoping for the best.

Go cowboys!

The Chiefs aren't in the same boat, they have a QB who could be blindfolded with one arm tied behind his back and hit the field with average receivers and TEs AND still get to the SB. Unfortunately for the Cowboys they don't have that type of leader, Prescot needs to quit locking on to his first read, comb the field for that open target. Had he done that against the Eagles they probably win the football game.....................

Cowboyny

Reaction score
How do the Eagles have Smith and Brown ? Seems to me we could have made it work the last few seasons before Lamb was due to get paid ….. but Jerry loves him some fifth round picks.
Have you seen their contracts? Believe Brown makes league minimum until a ballon payment his final yr

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
It's not receivers that the Cowboys are missing. Pollard cannot sustain a running game on his own. In the playoffs, opponent defenses will ignore the running game and just key on pass defense. Considering the type of D-lines for our NFC rivals, not good.

This is true of any offense, no matter how strong their passing game is. In fact, when you look at every true contender, they have a RB in the top ten in both carries and yardage.....unless you consider the Cowboys a true contender.

All the stats from all the previous seasons didn't suddenly disappear. The reality remains.

The Cowboys are 32-31 when Dak throws the ball more than 30 times. Throwing the ball less than 30 times requires running the ball more than 30 times.....successfully.

Therein lies the contradiction in logic.

In order to get to the Super Bowl the Cowboys are going to have to do some contradicting of their own when it comes to how teams usually get there.
the 49ers have aiyuk-deebo
The eagles have brown-smith
The cowboys have lamb-?

Huge gap in talent there.

Adreme

Reaction score
You are forgetting players like Shultz who was tagged as well
Who was tagged and left and therefore irrelevant. Paying a TE 10m, and a WR 20m with the rest of the weapons being cheap and on rookie deals is not a problem. It was not then and is not now. They thought they could pay Gallup 14m and get the same production as with Cooper. Unfortunately they were wrong and Cooper turned it around after an awful last year here.

ghst187

Reaction score
For the 90th time, the decision wasn't Gallup or Cooper. When they took Lamb in the 1st rd, they knew they couldn't keep two top paid receivers at the position. Lamb may get close to 30 million this offseason. Who would you rather have Cooper or Lamb?
That’s also not the question….
The thing was we could’ve easily kept Cooper for at least another season and had both instead of Gallup. So then we have two top tier QRs instead of good one and a scrub coming off an ACL on a big contract. We could’ve cut Amari once we resign Lamb but would’ve been nice to have another year of Amari. Boiled down to Jerry’s hurt feelings and it was and always will be one of the worst trades we ever made.

plasticman

Reaction score
the 49ers have aiyuk-deebo
The eagles have brown-smith
The cowboys have lamb-?

Huge gap in talent there.
The Eagles are the #2 scoring offense in the NFL.

The Cowboys are the #3 scoring offense in the NFL.

The 49ers are the #4 scoring offense in the NFL.

How can there be a huge gap in the talent when there is such a tiny gap in the results?

Motorola

Reaction score
The Eagles are the #2 scoring offense in the NFL.

The Cowboys are the #3 scoring offense in the NFL.

The 49ers are the #4 scoring offense in the NFL.

How can there be a huge gap in the talent when there is such a tiny gap in the results?
Per Pro Football Reference and ESPN ---NFL highest scoring offenses so far in 2023:
1) Dolphins
2) Eagles
3) Bills
4) Ravens
5) Colts
6) Cowboys
7) Forty-niners

plasticman

Reaction score
Every team in front of the Cowboys on your list besides the Eagles have played 9 games.

Per Pro Football Reference and ESPN ---NFL highest scoring offenses so far in 2023:
1) Dolphins
2) Eagles
3) Bills
4) Ravens
5) Colts
6) Cowboys
7) Forty-niners

Motorola

Reaction score
Every team in front of the Cowboys on your list besides the Eagles have played 9 games.
And I would think the two entities took that into account when they compiled the scoring averages per game for all the teams.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
How we ever gonna pay for Dak's contract if we keep talent around him?
it doesn't matter, we need to pay him. Remember when he came in we didn't pay him much so now we need to give him 30 percent of the pie. sheesh, new fans. I support the crap out of our money-hungry average quarterback.

starfan1

Reaction score
I love me some lamb he’s my favorite player.

That said I wonder if he develops on the level he has if we kept cooper

I’m not sure bout the whole weapons argument . Gallup has regressed and cooks isn’t being utilized like he could be I think the biggest issue is the line

It’s the center and RT.

We will see what the playoffs bring but remember that this defense also tends to shrink in biggest moments against quality teams with the exception of last year against San Fran and even then there were moments of failure by the defense but arguments can be made they played good enough

Diehardblues

Reaction score
For the 90th time, the decision wasn't Gallup or Cooper. When they took Lamb in the 1st rd, they knew they couldn't keep two top paid receivers at the position. Lamb may get close to 30 million this offseason. Who would you rather have Cooper or Lamb?
To me the bigger question is why didn’t we keep Cooper instead of Gallup?

Creeper

Reaction score
The problem wasn't that they traded Cooper. The problem is they traded him for practically nothing. I think they should have gotten more for Cooper and if no one was offering then they should have restructured his contracts and kept him.

When people say the Cowboys CAP situation has not been a problem, they are forgetting that the Cooper deal was the direct result of the CAP situation.

I think they miss Noah Brown too. He was the one receiver that could block in the running game.