LaDanian Tomlinson is...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
And Emmit ran behind 4 perenial All-Pros.
That would be 6 Offensive Linemen on the NFC's Pro Bowl teams and they were contemporaries.

No one ever ran behind 4 perrenial All Pros. Emmitt had 2, but not even 3.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Some of it is every it as ridiculous.
Not til we get to arguing over who would beat whom in a fist fight...Sanders or Payton. :lmao:

(Brown, of course ;) )

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
So what's it feel like to know less about football than a 5 year old? :rolleyes:

your making a fool out of yourself when its apparent you never even SAW what it is you are arguing for...

David

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Not til we get to arguing over who would beat whom in a fist fight...Sanders or Payton. :lmao:

(Brown, of course ;) )

Yes, but could Brown's daddy beat up Sanders' daddy? :D

Dawgs0916

Will the Thrill
Reaction score
I have to chime in on this. And before you start bashing me on MY age, let it be known my dad is and my grandfather was one of the biggest football fans that has lived and I have seen the tapes of Walter Payton, and even though I LOVE LT, he is not in Payton's league. Yet. If he can do what hes doing now for another 10 years, then yes I would mention them together but for now, nobody is better all around than Sweetness.

scottsp

Reaction score
Gotta give this to Sweetness as well. The man was the very definition of versatility. I do believe through the first 4.5 years of their careers, Payton has a slight advantage in rushing yards per game and did more in receiving yards as well. And yeah, someone might want to check me on that.

Also, understanding LT hasn't exactly been flanked with championship level talent, try imagining how tough a go it was for Walter Payton with Bob Avellini under center. The man typically threw twice as many picks as touchdowns. The city of Chicago should have held a parade every time he broke 50 percent in completing passes.

I would have.

ghst187

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
Watered down talent from having more teams.

16 game schedule.

Different rules helping the offense.

yeah but the athletes are exponentially better, especially on defense.
Payton might've gotten crushed and not finished a 16 game season against the current league's defenses....
Payton used to put his head down and hit DBs, well try doing that to Roy or BDawk or some of the DBs that bring the load these days.

What rules help a running back?

Overall, this argument is like saying Lebron is better than Jordan was at this point in their careers....
The predecessors were way ahead of their time but would their performances translate to success in the present? Maybe...who knows?
Both guys are/were capable of taking over a game singlehandedly...and both very great. Who's the greatest? who cares, they were/are both great and enjoy each for what they were/are.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
:rolleyes: every few years there is a NEW superman that is gonna break all the records ...............

Few years ago it was Priest Holmes ......... before that it was Edgerrin James ...........

And they all fizzle out and then there is a bunch of woulda shoulda coulda ..........

NFL fans are so knee jerk its amazing .........