LaDanian Tomlinson is...

cowboys19

Reaction score
i have seen Walter, Barry, OJ, Ladianian

and i think Ladianian is the most complete Running back out of all those guys i mentioned.

I mean Ladianian has sick moves, has great power, has amazing balance, is a great blocker, is a great receiver, and can throw. Now there are things the other backs can do better than LT, but nobody in my mind has the package that LT has.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
David, Emmitt was not the RB Payton was, or Sanders was, or even LT is.

Emmitt was a very good back running behind the greatest O-Line ever

uh, ok HH...

here we go again with somebody who practices revisionist history

David

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Wait, so now you're blaming the Lions struggles ON Barry Sanders?

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Wait, wait, wait......

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
2nd and long. 3rd and long.

You can have him. I would not want him on my team. His 1 or 2 spectacular runs per game were great. There's a reason why the Lions never did squat in the playoffs.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
uh, ok HH...

here we go again with somebody who practices revisionist history

David

Which part dont you agree with, the fact that Dallas had the best O-Line ever or the fact that Emmitt got to run behind it?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Which part dont you agree with, the fact that Dallas had the best O-Line ever or the fact that Emmitt got to run behind it?
I don't think they were the best O-Line ever, but they're in the conversation for sure. Jimmy Johnson said Emmitt made the O-line in Dallas great.

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
geez, this thread will have forty pages by tonight...

Anybody who knows anything about football knows, with a few more opportunities, Lincoln Coleman would have been the most dominant RB to ever wear a Cowboy uniform.

:laugh1:

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
I don't think they were the best O-Line ever, but they're in the conversation for sure. Jimmy Johnson said Emmitt made the O-line in Dallas great.

Or the O-Line made Emmitt great...

All I'm saying is, you put Sanders, Payton, etc. behind that line and they put up unthinkable numbers

BTW, whose O-Line was better in your opinion?

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
aardvark said:
geez, this thread will have forty pages by tonight...

Anybody who knows anything about football knows, with a few more opportunities, Lincoln Coleman would have been the most dominant RB to ever wear a Cowboy uniform.

:laugh1:

:lmao2:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:

All I'm saying is, you put Sanders, Payton, etc. behind that line and they put up unthinkable numbers

I'll go with Jimmy Johnson's opinion because as he pointed out the OL was a bunch of nobodies until Emmitt arrived. We're not talking abotu blue chippers.

The Rams OL with Jackie Slater. Eric Dickerson was crazy to ever leave that line.

blindzebra

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:

WRONG!

Sanders strength was cutting back from over pursuit, in a way he's better with so-so blocking. Mauling up front and having to find a hole and going through it north/south would have lessened his numbers.

We spent the entire MNF game, where Barry went for 190, in the DET back field. His blockers would get in the way the 2nd time around to spring him.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
WRONG!

Sanders strength was cutting back from over pursuit, in a way he's better with so-so blocking. Mauling up front and having to find a hole and going through it north/south would have lessened his numbers.

I have now heard it all :lmao2:

blindzebra

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
I have now heard it all :lmao2:

Yep and once again, your ability to grasp reality is seriously lacking.

We had a straight ahead, drive blocking OL. That type of line best suits a north/south runner.

Put Sanders behind a Denver OL or the Commanders counter trey and yes, he might have had better numbers.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
Yep and once again, your ability to grasp reality is seriously lacking.

We had a straight ahead, drive blocking OL. That type of line best suits a north/south runner.

Put Sanders behind a Denver OL or the Commanders counter trey and yes, he might have had better numbers.

Please stop, I'm dying here :lmao: :lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2:

Listen to what you are saying: Sanders would not have been better behind a better O-Line :lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2: :lmao:

I'll bet everything I own that barry would have given his left arm for a great O-Line

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:

it wasnt the best OL ever...they were a collection of over achievers that were well coached...they benefitted just as much if not more from blocking for a great RB like Emmitt and a QB with a quick drop back and release as vice versa

I know your probably 11 yrs old and dont know this, but Larry Allen as a mid 2nd rounders in 1994 and Flozelle Adams as an early 2nd rounder in 1998 were the highest drafted OL by the Cowboys during Emmitt and Aikman's run here...Stepnoski was a 3rd rd pick...Nate Newton was a free agent refugee from the USFL, Mark Tuinei was drafted as a DL...Kevin Gogan was a late draft pick...we acquired John Gesek for a late rd pick...we won the superbowl in 1993 with 3 different starting centers

as for the Bears, they had a very good OL for almost all of Payton's career...at one point in the early 80's they started a 1st or 2nd rd pick at every OL spot, and all 5 of their OL's made the probowl at one time or another...Barry Sanders played in a spread offense and rarely faced 8 or 9 man defensive fronts because of it, he also had a couple of probowlers blocking for him

David

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
I'll bet everything I own that barry would have given his left arm for a great O-Line
Two of his O-linemen were perenial All Pros. I think he had a good OL.

blindzebra

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Please stop, I'm dying here :lmao: :lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2:

Listen to what you are saying: Sanders would not have been better behind a better O-Line :lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2: :lmao:

No you said DALLAS' OL, remember.

But why should we expect you to actually understand.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Two of his O-linemen were perenial All Pros. I think he had a good OL.

yes he did...and he pretty much played his entire career in a 3 or 4 WR offense, which forced teams to play defensively over the whole field and rarely be able to play 8 and 9 man fronts against him

David