La'el Collins excited for first NFL game

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Collins would do better than Leary, and certainly Berny, at anchoring against Cox. He's just stronger than both. The only worry is pass blocking with stunts and interior blitzes.

I agree. Garrett said he did both good things and not so good. Rookie OL have difficulty more so with pass protection than run blocking. I've seen Collins road grade but Leary can as well just with more technique and experience. Leary is not my favorite in pass protection but I'd prefer him between Smith and Fred than either of the other two by far.

I'd prefer Bernie over Collins as well although I'm even less of a fan of Bernie's pass protection. His feet aren't very good and he has some difficulty with stunts etc.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I would love to see that young hungry dog get his first action against a quality opponent. I truly believe this young man has ONE BIG CHIP on his shoulders and would love to see him represent the Cowboys.

He may make a few mistakes at the start, but, I bet as the game goes on his youth will outlast his opponent. This cat is not some 6th rounder, he might have gone in the 1st or 2nd...and that is saying something for a big ugly.

conner01

Reaction score
Controlling cox is ou part of the task
Handling stunts, twists and blitzes is the hard part

RS12

Reaction score
Leary knock on him is that he doesn't anchor that well to hold off on the point of attack against power rushers. He also had problems anchoring against Suh last year also.

You are going to use Suh as a litmus teat? Go back and see what happened to Zack Martin on his first play from scrimmage in the playoff game last year against Suh. Havent seen anybody put him on skates like that before.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
So Collins is both swing tackle and guard now that Weems got bumped down it seems...

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I bet he does. He is a much better OG then Bernie. Bernie is passable, but I think he would get abused by Cox. Collins has the ability to beat Cox 1 on 1 and allow us to control the LOS

I think they rest Bernie with Leary also nicked up.

Can't see them risking 2 guys ike that with further injury when it's not needed.

We also have that new guy backed up as the swing tackle. He probably backs up G as well.

Think Collins will play and maybe start after that somewhere.

He's an important guy going forward and should have an impact in the running game which we desparately need going forward.

Leary and Bernie can backup.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Watch out Collins, Randle was excited about this game and some fans are coming down on him. lol

Apples and oranges. One player is excited to be in his first NFL game, the other has a history of talking about and being compared to our former RB now on the opposing team. There is no comparison.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
You are going to use Suh as a litmus teat? Go back and see what happened to Zack Martin on his first play from scrimmage in the playoff game last year against Suh. Havent seen anybody put him on skates like that before.

No Suh is not the litmus test. It was reported that Leary doesn't anchor as well in comparison to Collins - I think it was Sturn. Thus my point is that Collins might do better than Bernie and possibly even Leary when it comes to holding the point of attack.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Apples and oranges. One player is excited to be in his first NFL game, the other has a history of talking about and being compared to our former RB now on the opposing team. There is no comparison.

I'm sorry because you say there is no comparison? Yes Boss whatever you say. This has to do with people who have their panties in a bunch over Randle. Nothing more. So fricken what if he is excited? It is a game you do get that football is a game and Randle is pumped for it so what

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Greg Hardy helps pay for a Banner to fly over eagles practice and no big deal, neither is Randle saying he is excited. Heck I don't care what you need to motivate yourself as long as you go out there focused and get your job done. That is all that matters.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Greg Hardy helps pay for a Banner to fly over eagles practice and no big deal, neither is Randle saying he is excited. Heck I don't care what you need to motivate yourself as long as you go out there focused and get your job done. That is all that matters.

I don't know, bro? Romo might have to throw for more than 7 times this game...you know? His back and things....

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I don't know, bro? Romo might have to throw for more than 7 times this game...you know? His back and things....

I expect Dallas to go out and run their offense which they try to run as balanced of an attack as they can and I see no reason to think that will be any different. I don't care that Romo passes but I like it when we dictate not forced to overcome poor down and distance situations. If Cowboys end up using swing passes out to the RB a bit more this season I'm fine with it and I still look one of our RB to separate himself from the backups.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Good thing he has 2 all pro beside him. Smith and Fred

I want him to play this game. He needs it. This guy won't get intimated.

Also, after watching the eagle game...I was not that impressed with little Chippy's fast paced offense. Oh, and, his QB sucks! And Murray was nothing special at all!

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score

Also, after watching the eagle game...I was not that impressed with little Chippy's fast paced offense. Oh, and, his QB sucks! And Murray was nothing special at all!

I agree, Collins has something to prove. To everybody that passed on him

Doomsday101

Reaction score

I would like to see Collins out there, but I also think it is up to him to show the coaches he is ready to step in. Just because the season has started does not mean guys can't earn their way into the starting lineup.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I expect Dallas to go out and run their offense which they try to run as balanced of an attack as they can and I see no reason to think that will be any different. I don't care that Romo passes but I like it when we dictate not forced to overcome poor down and distance situations. If Cowboys end up using swing passes out to the RB a bit more this season I'm fine with it and I still look one of our RB to separate himself from the backups.

I agree...fundamental football. If you can run, run. If you need to pass, pass. I strongly believe in the play calling so far even from last season.

I'll tell you...it takes a TEAM to FIGHT and overcome all the mess that the Cowboys got themselves in, and a good taste, a good lesson like that winning the game, gives confidence to a team that they can overcome.

But, the eagles are not going down without a fight. But, the Cowboys want a fight too!